Pray is technically better to have than not.

Gin_and_Tonic

Im sorry if this has been said before. If it has, please post me the link and lock it - Only one post is enough to tell me its been said before.

Okay, so me and Cheesydude6 were debating why i keep 1 pray.

Im adamant that 1 pray is better then any other level of pray in the long run...

So, i decided to figure out if it really is.

Thanks to Tip.Its Max Hit Calculator.

As everyone knows, with 1 pray, maxed melee and hp levels give 113 combat.

So; 99/99/99 99 hp 1 pray = 113combat.

We then decide to to impliment 52 pray as a factor, to make 113 combat with the same melee stats (hp was kept the same to stop confusion).

So, 91/91/91 99hp 52 pray = 113combat.

We then took the whip in the calculator (just the whip), so the strength bonus was +82.

99 Strength with super strength potion made a max hit for 30.

91 Strength with super strength and Ultimate strength made a max hit of 31.

So, there we go. If i were to fight a level 113, with 91/91/91 52 pray, he could still hit higher then me, even if i were 99/99/99.

The kinda basic proof here is, pray is better to have then not.

Any thoughts?

I may change it to only have 31 pray.

Max hit isn't the only thing to consider. The player with 99 stats would have higher hp, wouldn't have to bother with praying at alters, and would hit slightly less 0's and have slightly more 0's hit on it. Which IMO more than makes up for hitting 30 instead of 31.

alot of things is this game are better to have than not and prayer is definitely one of them. using a prayer can change a duel, fight or whatever. i like being called prayer noob :thumbsup: (also i have a slightly higher combat than my friend , who has low prayer but higher attack, str, and defense \' )

soldersig.jpg

prayer is always better in my opinion, as even if they call me a prayer noob, ill probably win and guess what! They're out 300k! They higher the better for prayer, as it also helps in quests and such. Plus, the cape + emote is totally awesome!

....duh?

Post count hugger -.-

Max hit isn't the only thing to consider. The player with 99 stats would have higher hp, wouldn't have to bother with praying at alters, and would hit slightly less 0's and have slightly more 0's hit on it. Which IMO more than makes up for hitting 30 instead of 31.

I agree. But then the person with the pray gets 15% higher attack and defence- aswell as the higher hit.

well of course prayer is a must. almost all quest guides that involve any boss that has a lvl of 100+ usually recommends at least 43 prayer so that you can use a protection prayer. also, it's practically required to use protection prayers on the mith dragons, tzhaar, kalphite queen, etc. retribution has also changed pking and castle wars. i've once been killed in castle wars because my friend had retribution and died when i was low on hp.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

First: You'll either need pray pots, or you'll only hold your advantage for a short time, because for the most part, PKers don't hang out at altars so you can pray infinitely during their fight.

Second: If you're not maxed out yet, pures with no pray have a greater max hit than a pure without pray.

Here's why.

60 attack, 80 Strength, 1 pray

60 attack, 75 Strength, 13 pray

60 attack, 69 Strength, 31 pray

With the same stats in HP and defense, these all have equal combat levels.

With optimal equipment, potions, and all prayers activated:

31 Prayer hits 27 but must bring pray pots to keep his prayer up so his strength prayers remain active.

13 Prayer hits 28, but must bring pray pots to keep his prayer up so his strength prayers remain active.

0 Prayer hits 27. Does not need to bring pray pots.

In conclusion? It all depends on your personal preference. At that level, 13 prayer seems perfect. Except, of course, it means you're guzzling pray pots like mad, since you're pray is only 13 but you're relying on it. At 31, you can protect an item, at the cost of several inventory spaces, and expensive prayer potions.

You'd find a similar situation at every level. Prayer HAS its disadvantages. One being that the most potent abilities you aren't permitted to use. Otherwise your opponent will likely refuse to fight you. Also, it's quickly consumed if you're using the stronger abilities, meaning you would need lots of prayer replenishing items with you.

lol, when you go staking, pray is turned OFF (at least usually) So whatever your pray lvl is, the one with highest melee stats wins :P

In that case 99 99 99 99 definetly beats 91 91 91 99 ;)

Thats why we have the highscores so the when the person whos 91 91 91 looks up the 99 99 99 person there not going to stake them. :wink:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

lol, when you go staking, pray is turned OFF (at least usually) So whatever your pray lvl is, the one with highest melee stats wins :P

In that case 99 99 99 99 definetly beats 91 91 91 99 ;)

Not always. To be quite honest, I'd actually put my money on the 91 91 91 99 in that fight. It seems there is a hidden "handicap" that benefits lower levels in PvP. Just the other day, I funned a friend in the duel arena, with no pots/pray/movement. She is level 110, with 86 96 86 91... I am 99 99 99 99... She beat me with 3/4 of her HP left. Oh, and I had the near max melee defense possible (385 of 388 slash) and she was wearing full Dragon. In this game, being higher leveled only makes a difference in PvP if you are 20+ combat levels above somebody.

td2sig.jpg