Unbalanced Combat Skills?

Clinthill98

Yeah, lately I've been wondering about this, due to the fact it takes so long to max out the level cap on runescape, you dont players everywhere with 99 range or magic, so do you think one has a lead over the other one? I heard it's range now due to the new void armour but I have no proof, so what do you guys think? I'm looking at is as a 1on1 fight type of deal.

99 ranged = 40-40 d bow spec and then a chance of hitting 60 with rune crossbow with d stone bolts (e) spec

99 mage = totally dead by then

99 str and att = dds spec 30-30 might win over ranged

ranged or melee would win unless it was melee vs mage then he would win

but ranged can beat melee with the new updates

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

well i you had 99 mage and dt you could ice and blood barrage which hits high+freeze+health stealing so i think mage

yes but you forget that range can still hit if they are frozen

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Balanced in what way? Training time? player vs player? money wise? Monster killing speed?

Since each three combat classes are so different i can only say that each is unbalanced.

Just posting max hits is useless and provides no information what so ever. You should look at damage in time and ability to KO. Compare that the difficulty in training and cost of using and you can start looking at the three different classes.

phata_elise.png

Well basically no one only mages anymore, all the mages hybrid so it's irrelevant saying what happens if someone who is only maging fights

But yeah, if you were forced to use only one combat class mage would lose

Still, mage is weird because it encompasses so many different things, combat related or not.

i still think the combat triangle is balanced, atleast in f2p.

my friend with 99 range could take down the best of them with a dark bow, but could probalby be killed by a 99 str and att. the mage could take them all down with ancients though

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

well i you had 99 mage and dt you could ice and blood barrage which hits high+freeze+health stealing so i think mage

yes but you forget that range can still hit if they are frozen

Magic is longer distance than range so it's still possible to mage from afar without getting hit against a ranger.

Imo, its pretty close to being fair atm, well the closest it's ever been.

lanthuscg3.png

Well, here's what I'd say

99 Range would take out 99 Magic

99 Magic would take out an advanced fighter

And the fighter would take out the Ranger

I think that's it. Except the fighter can raise his magic defense though.

Well, here's what I'd say

99 Range would take out 99 Magic

99 Magic would take out an advanced fighter

And the fighter would take out the Ranger

I think that's it. Except the fighter can raise his magic defense though.

sadly, that is how it supposed to be, yet is not. i fought a 99 ranger in torag armor and he nearly killed me, and i had the help of a 120. and he was only like 112.

magic take out a warrior? in castle wars, which i find to be more like a place to fight where you can be hit with the biggest and best (minus barrows effects) meaning, if im in castle wars i can go attack any1 and that could use anything against me, you will never see 10 people in full dragon, 3rd age in the wilderness pking at once. but in CW its possible.

like you said, in castle wars with my magic def raised ive beaten many mages.

Ranged is exceptionally powerful, in my opinion, because much of a player's range bonus comes from only the bow. Also, your ranged bonus does not influence your max hit. This makes it very effective to tank range in something like full torag with a crystal bow or karil's crossbow. Your range bonus will still be in the 90s with a crystal bow (full) and probably in the 80s with a karil's bow. at 99 range potted and praying, you'll be able to hit consistent (by which I mean it does not require a special attack) 30's, and with the karil bow, the speed will make up for the lower max hit.

Mage lacks this ability, because most of the mage attack bonuses come from clothing, and no clothing with good defence has positive magic attack bonuses. it is possible to tank, but you'll have both mediocre mage attack, and defence.

Notice all of the equipment I mentioned predated the dark bow, around the time when all "range is underpowered" posts died out. I suppose by underpowered, people meant that incredibly deadly specs were not available to rangers, but range was still deadly back then.

fishing.gif

Each skill is good for what it was designed for. There's this little thing Jagex and I like to call the 'Combat Triangle.'

It works like this:

Magers have an advantage over Melee'rs.

Melee'rs have an advantage over Rangers.

Rangers have an advantage over Magers.

Magers are less effective on Rangers.

Rangers are less effective on Melee'rs.

Melee'rs are less effective on Magers.

This doesn't mean a Mager will win every time against a Melee'r, but in general, you will have a better chance to win.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

Ewerybody takling about how powerful is ranger or melee but! IF you look normal pkers inventory there is almost never only 1 atak style.Rangers have almost always mage when they are deeper then lvl 3 pking for entanging and tbing.F2p rangers mostly have r2h or rune scimmy for k os.I have 1 def ranger pure ranger 86 i hit 14s rapid with addy arrows but thath is not enough for k os.Even rune pures have lunar magigs so why we are talking about melees and rangers when ewerybody are using at least 2 ataking styles at ones!

sig3ax9.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Hey, Jagex has added new prayers today, but there only for melee! :-k

Here are the new ones.

Level 60 Prayer

Name: Chivalry

Effects: Increases Attack, Defence and Strenght

Percentage Of Increase: [Attack 15%] [strenght 18%] [Defence 20%]

Level 70 Prayer

Name: Piety

Effects: Increases Attack, Defence and Strenght

Percentage Of Increase: [Attack 20%] [strenght 23%] [Defence 25%]

What do you guys think? Maybe they only did this for melee for a reason. Anybody now the new max hits for any weapons? I know there are so many weapons, I would like to know maxhit for dragon mace, with the speical attack.

This should solve any questions you guys might have.

The New Combat Triangle-

RScombattriangle.jpg

:XD:

Yet the majority of people pking still use melee. :-w

Well a mage can own melee but if they fail to freeze the person meleeing and they get a few dds specs on them their basically screwed lol.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.