A Rare Sight Indeed...

Lunar_Drifter

Have you ever seen an untrimmed Slayer cape other than the one on the Slayer Master, Duradel? I've seen one; only one.

They're highly sought after and a quiet a rare sight indeed, from what I hear.

The question is, have you ever seen one? Did you get a picture?

Do you even think getting one is possible? Show me some math.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen an untrimmed Slayer cape other than the one on the Slayer Master, Duradel? I've seen one; only one.

They're highly sought after and a quiet a rare sight indeed, from what I hear.

The question is, have you ever seen one? Did you get a picture?

Do you even think getting one is possible? Show me some math.

When you said you've seen one, didyou meane Duradel?

Its basically impossible if you think about it...Slayer trains hitpoints at the same rate I think (not entirely sure) so you will always have 99 hitpoints with 99 slayer

Note again I am not entirely sure

Of course If you wanted to train with genies and the new random and rings of recoil then lolz it is possible but would take years

No, I saw a girl at Edgeville bank with one. I was shocked. She quickly got lost in the crowd standing at the bank booth and I didn't get a picture.

I'm pretty sure that using a cannon doesn't give full experience? Never used one, so not completely sure. That might be it.

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

No, I saw a girl at Edgeville bank with one. I was shocked. She quickly got lost in the crowd standing at the bank booth and I didn't get a picture.

I'm pretty sure that using a cannon doesn't give full experience? Never used one, so not completely sure. That might be it.

~Lunar

Lol Yeah thats awesome..Train with ring of recoils, Genies and new random ? \'

I don't think its possible.

Since you have to be a decent level to start killing the stronger leveled monsters, and started at level 3 would be hard, since once you get higher slayer, you might get higher leveled monster tasks which would possibly kill you in one hit..

Not sure though about that, I think it also has to do with your level..

But you COULD use a cannon, since you don't get much exp from it, but still slayer is still petty slow exp if you think about it, I'm sure you'll get 99 in something before your able to get 99 slayer.

God, not another thread. :shock:

-.- Shut up.

Anyways..

Just checked, and a cannon gives no HP experience and half the ranged experience. So it is possible, methinks. If you train with the cannon to 98 Ranged, you'll have gotten about halfway to 99 Slayer with no extra HP experience other than the experience you've gotten from melee training. So.. that's halfway. Melee training Slayer very carefully after that point should put you somewhere between 94-96 Slayer mebbe with around 98 HP. But how would you get the rest of the experience.. :-k

demonslayer2.png

well if you dont got the name? i have to say you meybe is jsut lying :-k

edit: i just checked from 98 slayer and 30 ranks up, no one only got 99 slayer

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

You could get a friend to get the monster down to it's last few hitpoints, and then you could finish it off and get the Slayer xp. :wink:

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Have you ever seen another thread like this? That would be easy to find -.-

Anyways you would have to get about 4.2M Slayer Exp without getting hp exp before you could start going controlled meele or whatever works best. :shock:

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

It's possible, but it would be really [cabbage] task :|.

I've seen one on duradel and one on jagex mod.

but all jagex mods get free level 126 accounts.... :-k

inside agent h4xxored runescape?

anyway, it's quite possible to have one of those, even though it will be extremely hard and boring. in fact, you could get it at level 3, but that would take a couple of years, if not more. best way to do it is to take 14 rings of recoil, 13 manta rays, and a ton of c balls. set up your cannon before you get the stuff from your bank, so you can have maximum space. then, when you're about to go to 99 range, switch to melee using controlled. just use long swords until you have 70 attack, then use a whip. you'll have to use burthorpe until you start meleeing, and you will get 99 slayer before any melee stat is maxed. because if you used a cannon to 90 slayer, about halfway, you're getting slayer xp 1 point per damage, and 1.33 points melee per damage. since you're halfway to 99 slayer already, you won't max out your melee stats before you get 99 slayer.

question is, how do you fund all that without breaking rules or getting a 99 in a skill? that'd be a whole lot of level 3 merchanting.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Just checked, and a cannon gives no HP experience and half the ranged experience. So it is possible, methinks. If you train with the cannon to 98 Ranged, you'll have gotten about halfway to 99 Slayer with no extra HP experience other than the experience you've gotten from melee training. So.. that's halfway. Melee training Slayer very carefully after that point should put you somewhere between 94-96 Slayer mebbe with around 98 HP. But how would you get the rest of the experience.. :-k

Are you contradicting yourself? You said that you've seen a person with an untrimmed slayer cape. But yet you prove that it's impossible? Either your math is wrong or you thought you saw what you did not. I'm guessing it's the latter because most of you're posts I've seen are pretty logical and I'm fairly certain you did you're math right.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

Are you contradicting yourself? You said that you've seen a person with an untrimmed slayer cape. But yet you prove that it's impossible? Either your math is wrong or you thought you saw what you did not. I'm guessing it's the latter because most of you're posts I've seen are pretty logical and I'm fairly certain you did you're math right.

actually, do your math right and you can get it. just pretty hard to fund that many cannon balls, rings of recoil and food. so the only problems are time and money.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

It might very well have been that I saw wrong, but I didn't prove it was impossible. You could get it to the low 90s without one.. After that I'm not sure. If you're really dedicated, then use Genie Lamps; although highly illogical. Meh.. there's got to be another way.

demonslayer2.png

It's possible, but it would be really [cabbage] task :|.

I've seen one on duradel and one on jagex mod.

but all jagex mods get free level 126 accounts.... :-k

inside agent h4xxored runescape?

anyway, it's quite possible to have one of those, even though it will be extremely hard and boring. in fact, you could get it at level 3, but that would take a couple of years, if not more. best way to do it is to take 14 rings of recoil, 13 manta rays, and a ton of c balls. set up your cannon before you get the stuff from your bank, so you can have maximum space. then, when you're about to go to 99 range, switch to melee using controlled. just use long swords until you have 70 attack, then use a whip. you'll have to use burthorpe until you start meleeing, and you will get 99 slayer before any melee stat is maxed. because if you used a cannon to 90 slayer, about halfway, you're getting slayer xp 1 point per damage, and 1.33 points melee per damage. since you're halfway to 99 slayer already, you won't max out your melee stats before you get 99 slayer.

question is, how do you fund all that without breaking rules or getting a 99 in a skill? that'd be a whole lot of level 3 merchanting.

pies would be better since you only got like 10 hp and it 2 bites eating :thumbsup:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

It might very well have been that I saw wrong, but I didn't prove it was impossible. You could get it to the low 90s without one.. After that I'm not sure. If you're really dedicated, then use Genie Lamps; although highly illogical. Meh.. there's got to be another way.

using a cannon to 1k xp away from 99 range would get you to 91-92 slayer, and since that's halfway to 99 slayer, do the math from there.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Can't you just use genies up to level 50 os so and then just trian it regulerly?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

We'll round out at 6.5 mil for 99 Slayer from 92 Slayer, which was obtained from the Cannon. Now during all that cannoning, you'll be doing some meleeing because you really need HP anyways to stay alive. So to get that remaining 6.5 million Slayer experience, that's how much you'll need to get in HP experience through melee training.

Since the HP/Melee experience rate is 1/4, that means you'll have 24 million experience between three melee skills. We'll say you train them evenly, meaning that each skill will get about 8 million experience points each. That puts you at between 94 and 95 in each melee skill, with anywhere from 91-94 HP. So, 99 Slayer, 94-95 melee skills, 98 Ranged, and HP in the low 90s. :D

Do you agree?

demonslayer2.png

However crazy it sounds, it is in fact possible. If you use a cannon from level 1 ranged/slayer, you will have the cape trimmed. But, if you train Slayer with melee for a few levels, then start using your cannon, you will get 99 Slayer without any other 99 stat. But, you have to start at at at least 3.25m slayer xp, so you would not get 99 range with cannon. However, you can't use the cannon at Slayer dungeon or Slayer tower...so yeah, it's quite hard and expensive, but possible.

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

We'll round out at 6.5 mil for 99 Slayer from 92 Slayer, which was obtained from the Cannon. Now during all that cannoning, you'll be doing some meleeing because you really need HP anyways to stay alive. So to get that remaining 6.5 million Slayer experience, that's how much you'll need to get in HP experience through melee training.

Since the HP/Melee experience rate is 1/4, that means you'll have 24 million experience between three melee skills. We'll say you train them evenly, meaning that each skill will get about 8 million experience points each. That puts you at between 94 and 95 in each melee skill, with anywhere from 91-94 HP. So, 99 Slayer, 94-95 melee skills, 98 Ranged, and HP in the low 90s. :D

Do you agree?

well, actually lunar, if you just keep doing burthorpe tasks with your cannon until you start doing melee, or you do melee and get it to where you're just under 99 hp, you don't actually have to train hp to stay alive.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Trust me on this folks, well and the noob lvl 99 slayer guy named toxic :XD: (love ya mate <3: :wink: ) But this is very possible to get an untrimmed lvl 99 slayer cape.

HOWEVER, Seeing as how im still "trying" and still being bored out of my freaking mind with my tryings. I'm Telling you, from the standpoint of a person with the stats that could possibly achieve this feat, ITS REALLY NOT WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT!

However incase noone has mentioned, quests also help out a good bit and even things like doing the lair of tair razelor? or whatever help each little bit of 5k or 10k exp lamps is a free 8k to like 14k exp in hp that can be passed up and about 4 times that in the respective combat stat u trained it up with.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]