Bigger Sigs/ Avatars?

Even though I'd do nicely with some extra 5kb to the avatar, I'm quite fine with this restrictions. I'd hate it if everyone had huge banners... Most dial-up connections would quit for sure.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Signatures are a small mark about you, not a billboard. They're fine the way they are now...

no they arnt, because if you make a good sig, not like yours, ones that take tallent, and time, it being 30KB is like [cabbage]

one with real tallent is going to be alot bigger, so therefore to make it fit, you gonna have to lower quality, and thats shatty

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Signatures are a small mark about you, not a billboard. They're fine the way they are now...

no they arnt, because if you make a good sig, not like yours, ones that take tallent, and time, it being 30KB is like [cabbage]

one with real tallent is going to be alot bigger, so therefore to make it fit, you gonna have to lower quality, and thats shatty

Actually minimalistic signature do need talent, Cruiser knows much more about computers as he's an IRC Operator. If you're gonna bash people about the limits, go on another forum.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

However, here's something to think about. There was a large site I went on once. Its owner and admin had a signature size of, wait for it, 97KB! TBH, it was no better than any I've seen on these forums either. Just an indication that file size doesn't equal high quality.

Well how about this.

On another forum, a regualr user had a sig of over 400KB

3 mini-vids, One 150KB, Second 50KB(limit you are allowed), 3rd a whopping 200KB. He went over the limit 8 times! Neither of the videos really said anything about the person, it was random crap from films.

And to add salt to the wound, theres really no report function.

Basically on that forum I've pmed about 5-10 different people on their sig size.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Animated sigs, or avvys, are what ginger said 'crap'. You don't need an animated sig to give a reflection of who you are.

I think the sig limits, and avvy limits could be decreased. In some cases its really annoying. I think there's more signature on a page then text in General. -.-

lol Merc.

Yeah, like look at your avatar.

I think it's fine this way, the limit should stay the same. You can put plenty of personality in 30KB's.

rickastleywh7.png

If you want to show off your abstract photoshop filter talent, post it in the gallery forum where it belongs then. Trash my sigs all you want, I honestly don't care, that's why they're small and simple. If you are going to go and trash my choice of signatures, the least you could do is have a signature that actually stands out from the crowd instead of just another abstract blob with more uninteresting text. If I wanted more of those I'd be wasting my time on DeviantArt.

Signatures are not a billboard for your 'art', no matter how much you want it to be.

I think some sigs are too big already. When people quote a quote, then respond to it, their sig takes up a lot more room than their posts.

I also believe that the sig size limit should be revised so that the sig and avvy, combined, are not greater than 35-40 kb. That way, players that want more in-depth sigs can have them, while not using more bandwith/forcing visitors to download more info.

nh.jpg

Why did this get bumped all of a sudden?

I'll concede that in my opinion, the rules about sigs on Tip.It are a lot more stricter than they are on other sites, and that yes, Tip.It's limit is very low in comparison. However, I don't agree with you because having that extra file size doesn't add quality to the signatures in the slightest, and as demonstrated by Sworddude's example, probably lessens the quality. At 30KB, you're forced to use that space productively, not fill it with random bit-and-pieces.

Our limit may be an exception in comparison to other forums, but it's certainly a "good thing" in my opinion.

Aside from the unnecessary attempt to censor bypass, can I ask if that's actually a real picture of you in that signature? If it is, I'd remove it, since it's actually against forum rules to post real pictures of yourself.

Sorry for the double post... I hit edit... honest! :anxious:

Why did this get bumped all of a sudden?

It's actually been bumped since 3-4 days ago. I guess users saw a chance to get the sig and avvy limits raised. :x

At 30KB, you're forced to use that space productively, not fill it with random bit-and-pieces.

That has to be the greatest way to say why there's a 30kb limit. Now that I think of it, not many sigs have a useless image that doesn't add to their signature. :-k

A part of me says "make it unlimited space!! :twisted: " And the other, more reasonable part of my says "ooh, look out Saru, don't ask for too much, you don't want people posting thier life stories in the sigs" Thank God I listen to my more reasonable side. (Sometimes :ohnoes: :uhh: :twisted: )

If we made the sig too much bigger people would be able to post a pic, a link, a quote and a personal motto. That's just waaaay too much space. Its something that shows people a little bit of what you are. Not your life story.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge