Behind The Scenes - August

darkjab

Who cares about the clanchat, insults will be sencored and you wont be able to post links.

The real deal over here is the God War Dungeon, if it's as awesome as the name itselfs, boy are we in for a suprise. And i quote :

Incredible loot
I mean, it really sounds exciting to me, and i believe there will be some bloodspilling the first day (as in alot of people will die). I wonder if it will be multi/single zone.

You're right, never seen jagex say that.. eg Drag Full Helm

This dragon, who is going to weigh in at an impressive level 300, will hold several interesting items in its treasure horde, not least the fabled dragon full helm.

So whatever it is must be good

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ClanChat, Sounds good for clan members, but I doubt I'll use it much, if at all. (Hope it doesn't cause too much lag)

God Wars, sounds so amazing. I'm hoping for a CWars/PC/Barrows style mini-game, something tough, fun and team based.

I'm with those who reckon the loot will involve 3rd Age weapons and Dragons pickaxe, maybe another monster which drops dragons full helm too.

I think there will be a mini-quest or two involved in the dungeons anyway so that's a plus to all who love quests.

New cloths/looks seem like another winner.

As for the graphics updates, I don't mind them as they keep the game looking fresh and as long as we keep getting some good updates as well I don't mind them one bit.

Overall it seems to be a month to watch.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

[hide]

I'm not even 100 combat and I'm looking forward to the dungeon update, boss monsters could be something to be teamed and accessed like the KBD.

The Clan Chat will be useful, there's a few ways they could go about it and hopefully it'll be good. I could be tabbed conversation boxes like...

clanchatideaty6.jpg

[/hide]

Maybe it'll occupy that one space beside the friends list

HMMMM?

Yayyyyyy...

Wonder if the "Gods war" title will acutally play a part in this upcoming feature.

Such as gaining access to certain areas when wearing/wielding certain gods armour/any other god related items,getting attacked by opposite god monsters etc..

Clan chat: I can speak to whole groups of friends without having to pm them

Dungeon: Wow I'm gonna be a 3 item noob and explore, don't forget anti fire sheild, you never know :?

New looks: It could be fun to muck about with

Themed worlds: Mabye world 2 won't be as crowded anymore :-k

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

Why's everyone talking about a boss monster?

When they clearly said boss monsters

Wonder what dragon items they'll drop...

lets hope they dont, honestly. because dragon items seem so low now... they need to give a variety of new armors, even if they are between rune and dragon or better range equiptment... whatever make the stuff better then pre-existing things dont pull a rockshell/rune thing.

The clan speak also is pretty awesome, but anyone who has played WOW would know where they got the idea from.

I'm pretty sure clan chats have been around way before WoW

condor is correct, honestly you do not know what the chat system is like. so you cant say its like WoW's

2ndly, wtf man chat rooms and IRC channels have been around since mid 90s or before(not sure how early) so saying it was all derived from wow is just god damn amazing.

I have a feeling that this is going to be the new Waterbirth dungeon \' .

The other updates look interesting too, but nothing really big.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Hmm extinct monsters, god wars, extinct monsters, god wars.

W-W-W-W-White Dragons!!!!? That's a possible monster.

What other monsters can we expect?

-High levelled Goblins

-Ogre's (Bandos is the Ogre God)

-Avians (bird like people)

-Possibly the Mahjarrat (most have gone north to fight)

-Ancient humans?

Possibly new items, rewards

-The Godsword

-A new combination staff? Smoke staff anyone? :)

-'Third Age armours', not the same as the TT ones, lower quality for the general fighters of those times? Aka 'standard white dhide'

- Third age weapons

- Summoning? Heh had to be done

- Dragon Pickaxe

- Dragon boots - a high level slayer monster as a boss? Multicombat, really be interesting!

- Other dragon weapons/armour?

- Also wanted to add this, berserker leggings, basically addy legs with a str bonus, so that we can have a 'full zerker' set!

So much is possible from this, so much to get overhyped for and then get seriously let down by Jagex.

Oho im excited!

Dark_Jab.png

Hmm extinct monsters, god wars, extinct monsters, god wars.

W-W-W-W-White Dragons!!!!? That's a possible monster.

very possible.. 3a Range is made from white dragon hide and its a god cave from the third age? :S

Because jagex is wasting time on graphics updates when there's better things to update.

Like?

Like developing new skills, quests and mini games I'm guessing.

Although I'd prefer a new skill to a graphics update, I would agree that graphics are rather important, even for a java based game. For example, the difference between the old and new goblin models is huge, with the newer having a greater polygon count and such.

As for next month: Finally there is a way to talk to more then one friend at once! The dungeon sounds exciting, along with the chance of a new dragon item. Looks like I'm going to have to sign up to members again.

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

Wonder if the "Gods war" title will acutally play a part in this upcoming feature.

Such as gaining access to certain areas when wearing/wielding certain gods armour/any other god related items,getting attacked by opposite god monsters etc..

never thought of that.maybe well see new god armour.armadylls a god wright?how about armadyll robes or dragon hide?maybe well see a mage arena minigame where you get a new cape showing the gods in the battle.

dragon tooth pick anyone?

tifsdac6mc.gif

Who cares about the clanchat, insults will be sencored and you wont be able to post links.

Good point, clan chat will be useless <.< .

The real deal over here is the God War Dungeon, if it's as awesome as the name itselfs, boy are we in for a suprise. And i quote :
Incredible loot
I mean, it really sounds exciting to me, and i believe there will be some bloodspilling the first day (as in alot of people will die). I wonder if it will be multi/single zone.

First day I'm going to loot those warpsears, second day I'm going to loot the boss monsters 8-) .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Man this is awsome!!!!!! W00t to clan speak! No i gotta find myself a clan... :-k

Awsome dungeon!!!!!!!! Can't wait..... Probabley won't b able to use it since my combat isnt even 80 yet... sih, oh well, im going to try to get my cmbt up anyway.

......OH MY GOD!!! I JUST REALIZED I'M AWAY AT CAMP ALMOST THE ENTIRE MONTH!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!! :boohoo: :boohoo:

Lvl 23,000 guthix riding lvl 2000 kalphite king pl0x?

"Oh dear, you've just been eaten by a recently defrosted bug, You're now digested, have fun!"

seriously though, loot had better be good. New dragon items seems so... Clicḫ̩̉̉ now, unless of course... Dragon platebody? Dragon Kite?

They need lvl 80 range/mage armour, to give them an edge over melee

Yayyyyyy...

That makes no sense... they already do.. meleers are supposed to kill rangers, get crossbows can hit 40's

I was against a 80 in wild other day.. using diamond bolts i was in barrows he hit 40s i was hitting nothing over 30.. it doesnt make sense i was in better gear too.. rangers are overpowered :\

Mages need more to be competely honest with you.. rangers dont.

I wonder how the war is going to be presented. I don't like the way the war between the gnomes and khazards is done, since you are completely safe while running through it! Hopefully, this war is bit more realistic. Very deadly, even if you accidentally are caught up into it. Looking at some NPC's dishing it out in an enternal fight and completely ignoring you would be a bit strange.

phata_elise.png

That makes no sense... they already do.. meleers are supposed to kill rangers, get crossbows can hit 40's

I was against a 80 in wild other day.. using diamond bolts i was in barrows he hit 40s i was hitting nothing over 30.. it doesnt make sense i was in better gear too.. rangers are overpowered :\

True Dat

On topic: NooOOOOOoooOOOo..... looks like god update anyway!

I am quite concerned about the dungeon. If it is actually in the wilderness, then it will be totally worthless. It will be just like the Chaos Elemental, as in anyone who gets anything will be piled by one-itemers and pures. Oh, and if the Godsword replaces the whip, it damn well better be untradable... Or else I guarantee there will be riots about it. I will be among the rioters; it will completely devalue slayer and all the time many people put into it.

td2sig.jpg

if ancients are involved then usually 75% of the time the ancient mage has killed you before you reach him.

I am quite concerned about the dungeon. If it is actually in the wilderness, then it will be totally worthless. It will be just like the Chaos Elemental, as in anyone who gets anything will be piled by one-itemers and pures. Oh, and if the Godsword replaces the whip, it damn well better be untradable... Or else I guarantee there will be riots about it. I will be among the rioters; it will completely devalue slayer and all the time many people put into it.

i agree wiuth that.theirs a black square up near trollwise mountain where we want it to be.having it in the wilderness would mean that the novelty would soon whereoff after pkers start camping out their.

tifsdac6mc.gif

That script from the dwarf mentioned that he was unable to reach the dungeon from the eastern side (=wilderness), sonce some kind of cliff was blocking the passage.

Most swords in RS are pretty balanced weapons. I imagine the godsword to be an upgraded dragon long. Good in all attack styles and having good power and average speed with a decent special. Perhaps the new best way for training strength?

phata_elise.png

That's why I mentioned mage.

Although, I guess I agree with you, anyone with decent att can get through a ranger's armour. Unless they're a tank pure, then you should run...

Yayyyyyy...

CLAN SUPPORT!!!lol no more swiftswitch =D>

Like Zot said..it will be censored and won't be able to post links. Don't you mean IRC. Swiftswitch just allows you to use it for free.

------------------

Meh, I still want to finish my goals. So this update; I could care less about. I'm not going to run to the wilderness just to get pked.