Foot And Mouth Returns

Achilleus

Explaining what Foot of Mouth is and giving us a direct link to the article would be helpful if you wish there to be a discussion...

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

My parents live in a village that was in the middle of the most heavily hit area of Holland. Because there are dozens of farms in the area with forests in between that have a lot of animals that can transfer the disease (mainly wild boars), the area pretty much shut down. I was working in a zoo that decided to just shut down for the summer and nearly went bankrupt. If they got hit again in any serious way, I probably couldn't even visit them as I live on the other end of the country.

Right in 2001 it more or less screwed the British economy over costing billions of pounds...i can't believe some people never heard of this. New outbreak just started,and i hope the government will learn from experience and be able to deal with it better this time.

Right in 2001 it more or less screwed the British economy over costing billions of pounds...i can't believe some people never heard of this. New outbreak just started,and i hope the government will learn from experience and be able to deal with it better this time.

I agree. It's like us not knowing about Katrina really. -.-

Anyways, it's not anywhere near as serious as the media is making out. The disease has been contained in a 10-mile wide region, and cattle movements have been moderated to assure only safe meat is on the shelves. It's really not worth all this fuss... trust the authorites, you are safe.

trust the authorites, you are safe.

Thats what I;ve been saying for years....But yea, they are more experienced with it and can take care of business.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

trust the authorites, you are safe.

Thats what I;ve been saying for years....But yea, they are more experienced with it and can take care of business.

Probably because people refuse to accept that other people actually know what's best for them. They need to learn that to work with their ways isn't to be submissive... it's merely to accept the help of someone who knows best.