How would you cope with a dash of Classic?

Raven6666

Here I am, cutting Yew logs in F2P(credit ran out) and thinking what could stop, or just delay those darn Macro'ers?

An integral feature of Classic was Fatigue. Those who don't know much about it for some reason or another, i'll explain it here. (Or go to this link)

[hide=A summary of Fatigue]Fatigue is a type of Meter, or Limit that starts from 0% to 100%. Every action you did, being either Skilling, or just walking around, would raise your Fatigue Meter by a small amount, once you hit 100% Fatigue however, you could no longer do any action until you "Slept", either by a Sleeping Bag, or a Bed. The screen would show how much Fatigue you had left(going downwards) a CAPTCHA and a text box where you will have to enter the word in the CAPTCHA in.[/hide]

Now, introducing Fatigue just as this, ignoring the other skills would be fairly inappropriate, so I'm suggesting this:

Your skills, may it be Combat, or the skills unrelated in Production and Manufacturing (a.k.a. Skills boosted by "Yellow" Spiced Stews) would effect the rate of Fatigue rising, just say 99 in all Combat and the Yellow Spiced effecteds, would take lets just say 2 hours to get to 100% Fatigue.

Having it only affected from these skills would slow down Auto-miners and WC'ers and fishers, which are the 3 main types of Raw item producing as most of them would have to rest every, lets say 30 Mins.

There are also ways the CAPTCHAs hard to input.

1 having the input box in random places (random still is patterned, just hard to distinguish) with random borders.

2, the CAPTCHA could be similar to how the Doc. Ford R/E, either it be moving around in a radial direction, or just jumbling.

3 The text to be inputted would have certain pixels or lines obscuring some parts of the text, but sitll making them legible.(See the Hotmail password recovery process.

4 Alphanumeric AND Case Sensitive. Random word lengths would be included too. Essentially 26+26+10 and Permutations of it to a length of lets say 13. A minimum length of 5 would effectively lower the amount of variables possible, and make it easier for the legit players.

With all this information I have provided, how would you react to this being uploaded into the game?

Skilling would be ALOT harder then it is now adays. I don't think the people who actually play Rs will think kindly about it because they couldn't no life train. 99's would be harder and such and it would stop autoer for a day or 2 but nothing much it might slow the market and such.

Don't think it will ever happen.

But i suport

I remember having to sleep in RSC it was fun.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

sounds like it would work pretty well and I'd have no problem with reintroducing the fatigue system back into rs although the reason it was removed by JaGex when they released rs2 may have been that it didn't really work but I believe that would be because of the fact the poster above me, Green_Link, pointed out in that it only stopped the gain of exp but not the actual use of the skill therefor if reintroduced it would have to be made in such a way that it halts the increase of exp as well as the ability to continue to use the effected skills until the player has restored their fatigue to 0%

It has been done before and won't slow down autoers.

Jagex removed it since people found a way around it. I know, I was part of the cheating community during that time.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

personally i think it would be a good idea, skills are just way to easy to raise, but the younger community and the pking community would be outraged so i dont think jagex would ever do it

clansig7.gif

Well i support, hopefully it will be the return of the "Sleeping Bag" Yay!

I miss that Sleeping Bag...

But then again it will slow me down <.<

Oh well, I mainly support to see the Sleeping Bag again...

Well i support, hopefully it will be the return of the "Sleeping Bag" Yay!

I miss that Sleeping Bag...

But then again it will slow me down <.<

Oh well, I mainly support to see the Sleeping Bag again...

From what I understand, in Classic it was a big annoyance and didn't do enough to warrant it being in the game. But if Jagex were to seriously contemplate fatigue, I'm sure they can find wonderful ways to implement it without having normal players suffer.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I LOVED fatique!

Sleeping Bags FTW!

oh... supported :XD:

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Skilling would be ALOT harder then it is now adays. I don't think the people who actually play Rs will think kindly about it because they couldn't no life train. 99's would be harder and such and it would stop autoer for a day or 2 but nothing much it might slow the market and such.

Don't think it will ever happen.

But i suport

I remember having to sleep in RSC it was fun.

I have to laugh at people like this.. ::' So what if it's harder? It's a game.. It's not meant to be easy. Obviously you must be one of those no life trainers that would be affected by a bit of challenge in skilling... And then you say "Don't think it will ever happen", only to follow it up with saying you support it? Lol... What the hell is wrong with you, bud? You either support it and hope it will happen, or you don't support it and keep your mouth shut. You can't just say "oh this wil n3ver hapen" and support the idea. :lol: Please.. Use your brain.

It's a fine idea. Makes the game more realistic. Whoever heard of a man being able to hack at a tree for 3 hours straight without stopping?

lol no macroers will find a way around

Lol, please do enlighten us on those great ways around it. :roll: Unless you know anything about macro programming, you can't say squat about what they can or can't do.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}