Tip.it RS sigs?

Hi,

I was looking at some posts and saw some people with dynamic sigs for their runescape stats.

I was wondering what everybodys opinions/suggestions/comments/ideas are about Tip.it having runescape sigs for forums.

Depending on what kind of feedback this thread gets, maybe we'll get our own special Tip.it sigs :D

This has been suggested numerous times. Not so long ago, this was suggested on the thread concerning Draynor.Net and how their dynamic sigs are no longer available.

While i'm at it, Tip It also should have some of these sigs, alot of people tend to use them.

As it has been stated multiple times, Tip.It will not host a dynamic signature service due to budget and server issues.

But yes, I did notice that Draynor.Net went down. They hand a lot of fans, and if their signature database was killed, it's going to be very hard to recover.

~Rcty

Rcty is a Crew Member for Tip.It, so I wouldn't expect these sigs to ever come out of Tip.It. It is a lot of hard work! :)

Just stick to Runeweb if you would like to get a new sig. Their sigs are very good. :D

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Just to note something on Devoted's point: Just because 1 crew member shoots down an idea doesn't mean the rest won't.

However, this idea has been shot down by Admins I believe as well, and if they shoot it down, it usually stays down.

All of us who work at Tip.It work so as volunteers. We receive no paycheck for working for the site. That being said, it's still hard enough to make money for the site with just advertisements. If we had the extra bandwidth being used for Dynamic Stat signatures, then we'd probably have to pay a whole lot more. Pretty much, if you'd like people to see your stats in your signature, the best thing you can do is just tell people to look up your High Scores link, which can be conveniently found by clicking your Runescape name that you provided, which is located a few spaces below your Tip.It username in every post.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Yeah, sorry about that. :)

I have seen it listed many times and shot down by many staff members, just I couldn't find their quotes. :)

With the addition of the sigs, like Darkblade said, the site would cost much more to run. That's why Draynor.net went down in the first place and they are primarily just sigs. If Tip.It made dynamic sigs and keeps the site as it stands, this site will become very expensive to run.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Their places that provide dynamic image sigs' primary purpose is to drive users away from tipit onto their own sites. As tipit already has such a large amount of users its not work draining all the bandwidth and processing power just to have our own. The code is relatively easy to produce yourself and theres lots of source code about. If you want your own one then make it yourself.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It is possible to have an image or more, which is the default template for the sigs. Then the content is displayed by adding a ?user=whatever into the link.

So say for instance, i've got image.png. It displays a blank template of the image, no stats. Now lets say i add ?user=whatever to the link. I've got image.png?user=whatever.

Now what if we want 3 basic templates for sigs?

image.png?t=1&user=whatever where 't' stands for template.

That idea cuts down on bandwidth usage because it's using just blank image(s) as a template and adding information.

*shrugs*

@devoted: i saw that just before i was getting ready to post; didn't want to make a duplicate thread for something :P, thanks for that though

Your idea would not work. An image is created by the GD/ImageMagik library on the server for each person plus theres also the processing power required to take into account.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm not normally one for psychic predictions but i have a suspicion that RuneHead is developing a dynamic sig delivery system in the near future. wooooooooooooooo *waves hands mysteriously*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You'd just have to use RuneWeb for now, or wait for another site to launch dynamic sigs sometime in the future *low-profile hint* :P

I would have never guessed.[/sarcasm]

Hopefully, and I don't mean to go off-topic but, hopefully RuneHead has them out soon. =P~