50's threat...

Mercifull

50 Cent 'will quit' if sales fail

50 Cent

50 Cent, real name Curtis James Jackson, was Eminem's protege

American rapper 50 Cent has threatened to stop releasing solo material if his next album fails to outsell a new CD by rival star Kanye West.

"Let's raise the stakes," 50 Cent said, as the pair prepared to launch rival albums on the same day next month.

He promised if West's sales beat those of his own release, he would not produce any more solo albums.

He told hip-hop website SOHH.com that he would continue to collaborate with other artists, however.

"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music," 50 Cent said.

"I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums."

Kanye West

West is known for working with Jamie Foxx, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys

Ironically, the rapper acknowledged that he had been in the studio with West recently.

This was to try to create "a new direction for me that I couldn't get my hands on", he said.

But he added the results of their collaboration would not be heard on his forthcoming album, Curtis, because it was not the sound he was looking for at the moment.

"A lot of times they may have music planned that doesn't fit the project that you're working on," he said of the producers he recruited.

The last full-length solo album by 50 Cent, The Massacre, was the best-selling release of 2005, with 1.14 million copies bought on its first week in shops.

The same year, West's Late Registration sold more than 860,000 copies in seven days when it became available.

One can only hope. Kanye's lyrics are much better than anything 50 ever did. There is genuine emotion in what Kanye raps about its its much more intelligent.

*fingers crossed*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

From what I've heard 50 cent's only good album was GRODT and then he fell off which I can believe. He stopped giving a [cabbage] about lyrics and Kanye keeps evolving with his lyrics but still any concious rapper could run them over with their lyrics :P

50's money hungry anyway, he's planned to retire in 2008 and is gonna prolly wait like 2-3 years and be like, OMG GUYS I'M BACK BUY MY ALBUM and every white kid who loved 50 is gonna come running back and praise their hero.

I predict that Kanye ISN'T going to beat 50 but I'm still rooting for Kanye :D

The sad thing is, the lover of real rap, hip-hop and the music which tells a great story, are greatly out numbered by the gangsta-loving morons, who probably count their 'run-ins with the law' and 'being shot at' a GTA manifestation. The little gangsta popping 12-15 year olds out number the proper rap fan hood, in terms of sales. Sad, but true.

Hope Kanye wins, anything to stop Curtis 'Look at how hard I am' Jackson. 50 Cent talks, Kanye raps.

The sad thing is, the lover of real rap, hip-hop and the music which tells a great story, are greatly out numbered by the gangsta-loving morons, who probably count their 'run-ins with the law' and 'being shot at' a GTA manifestation. The little gangsta popping 12-15 year olds out number the proper rap fan hood, in terms of sales. Sad, but true.

Hope Kanye wins, anything to stop Curtis 'Look at how hard I am' Jackson. 50 Cent talks, Kanye raps.

co-sign, real talk

It's just another cynical ploy to help promote his album. He's already started to diss Kanye and alot of other artists and this is the perfect way to stir up controversy.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

It's just another cynical ploy to help promote his album. He's already started to diss Kanye and alot of other artists and this is the perfect way to stir up controversy.
It's all part of the marketing ploy to sell his mediocre albums. While i'm not a fan of either artist I think that Kanye is a lot more talented by far than 50. Unfortunately for the reasons Bubs has said he knows he's going to sell more which is why he said this. And even if he loses he's still gonna pump out crap with guest singers and artists.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's all part of the marketing ploy to sell his mediocre albums. While i'm not a fan of either artist I think that Kanye is a lot more talented by far than 50. Unfortunately for the reasons Bubs has said he knows he's going to sell more which is why he said this. And even if he loses he's still gonna pump out crap with guest singers and artists.

I'm in complete agreement with you.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I'm not a fan of either, but there's more to Kanye's songs than 50 Cent's. 50 Cent's genre is rap (Which I dislike) which is simply a beat and people talking in rhythm with it.

Kanye West's songs are more.. song-like? All I can say is, hope 50 Cent fails. :/

Wouldn't suprise me.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm not a fan of either, but there's more to Kanye's songs than 50 Cent's. 50 Cent's genre is rap (Which I dislike) which is simply a beat and people talking in rhythm with it.

Kanye West's songs are more.. song-like? All I can say is, hope 50 Cent fails. :/

Wouldn't suprise me.

they are both rap artists, Kanye is semi-concious rapper, 50 is an industry rapper now...sooner or later alot of emcees will become what 50 has become

Good riddance in my opinion (even though it's probably just a silly publicity stunt to sell a few more albums). I don't like it when artists' lyrics don't seem to have any meaning behind them. I mean, "Hot as a teakettle?" Give me a break :wall: His songs are all about gangsters, sex, drugs and/or getting rich =;

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Good riddance in my opinion (even though it's probably just a silly publicity stunt to sell a few more albums). I don't like it when artists' lyrics don't seem to have any meaning behind them. I mean, "Hot as a teakettle?" Give me a break :wall: His songs are all about gangsters, sex, drugs and/or getting rich =;

And lollypops.

Anyway, I despise 50 Cent. I hope he dies in a hole.

Cool.

Wow, what is 50 thinking!? Kayne West is slowly but surely becoming a great Hip-Hop/Rap artist, much better then 50 Cent will ever be (or as my dad calls him, 25 Cents :P ). Kayne West's preview song for his album "Graduation" is "Stronger", which is an amazing song with great lyrics and a great beat. 50's preview song for his album "CURTIS" is "Ayo Technology" which isn't all that good. I might check out one or two or 50's songs from CURTIS, but I'll be sure to buy most of Graduation from iTunes.

Good Riddance, 5025Cent

EDIT: I just realized that the song "Can't Tell Me Nothing" is also going to be on Kayne West's album. Which is also an amazing song :P . Do the sales from "Stronger - Single" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing - Single" count?

For once in my life, I'm actually going to support a rapper. Kayne West, you had better sell more albums than Mr. Half dollar over there or I'll be very, very upset >:(

It's probably just a marketing thing. He has fans, which will be very upset when he leaves (face it, he's gonna lose)..and he will jump right back into it in a year or 2 if he loses the challenge thing.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I've heard rumors that Def Jam decided to move Kanye's release date. Too bad, huh? I was gonna cop Graduation, because it's the equivalent of spitting in Curtis' face.

You know why I think Jay put Kanye up against Curtis? All the hip-hop heads shoudl remember back in '04, 50 decided to put up the first (and at this point, probably last) G-Unit album, Beg for Mercy, same day as Jay's Black Album. I think Jay putting up Graduation same day as Curtis was Jay getting him back, heh.

Hopefully they're still droppign the same day, and Kanye, as strange as he is, will outsell 50. I'm not a fan of either, but still, Kanye has lightyears of talent on 50.

I bet Fiddy is going to get himself converted to the Islam and get back under a different name. Just like Cat Stevens.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

lol, Pk, you make me laugh.. seriously...

brilliant.. just like Malcolm X

Anwho, 50' is probably just pissed cuz he got caught lip synching at (i think) the BET awards

Kanye's album cover is also clearly better than 50's egotistical "look at me, i'm great" image.

200px-Graduation_%28album%29.jpg200px-Curtis_%2850_Cent_album%29.jpg

Depressingly bad cover.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Kanye's album cover is also clearly better than 50's egotistical "look at me, i'm great" image.

200px-Graduation_%28album%29.jpg200px-Curtis_%2850_Cent_album%29.jpg

Depressingly bad cover.

Don't you see? The bare picture, the monochrome, the simple title, it's back to basics for 50 Cent, we're really going to discover his true thoughts and his soul - like just how many times he's been shot, or what he'd like to do to 17 women with 3 ferrets and an umbrella.

Don't forget the usual song about guns, money and drugs.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

To be honest I like the Fiddy album cover better. :P The Kanye West one really is horrible. Huu.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!