Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

What about poverty? sickness? disabled people? Do they suddenly not matter because everyone cares about 1 stupid issue?! And comparing homo-sexualty to womens'/slaves' rights duringthe Civil War doesn't make any sense. During those times, slaves were beaten and women were abused on a daily bases and had no rights at all. A home-sexual individal isn't going to be hanged for their differences.

During the Civil Rights era (Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, etc), blacks were no longer in slavery but were still denied equal rights. Does that mean it would have been okay for Americans to continue their prejudices?

Also, calling homosexuality "1 stupid issue" is not helping your claim that you are somehow fair and impartial:

Don't change my statement, I never said just people not on my side. So don't go making up crap like that.

It is 1 big stupid issue. Does it really matter if your gay or not? NO. And you keep comparing racism to homo-sexuality. Last I checked, gays could sit anywhere on a bus, didn't have a seperate water fountain, and can get a job if they are gay. Quit acting like gays are discriminated the same as African Americans were.

And how is that last quote relevant? You changed what I said to make me sound like a hypocrite. I never said anywhere that I was against gay marriage.

It doesn't matter whether one minority was dicriminated over more than another. I mean you're acting like racism is worse than homophobia when they are infact, in essance, exactly the same.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said gays are discriminated against the same as African Americans were. What's important is that they have both been discriminated against. Discrimination is discrimination, no matter the quantity.

Of course they both were.

Let's replace "homosexuals" with "blacks." If, in the year 2007, black people can sit anywhere on a bus, drink at any water fountain, and get jobs, but can't get married, would you still think it's a stupid issue?

Yes. (refer to what I'm going to say in the next sentence)

Also, I straight up proved that you left some things unsaid in your post because afterwards you began to refer to homosexuality as a "stupid issue."

It is a stupid issue. I don't get why people are basing their entire vote for president on one issue. It's obvious that gays should be allowed to get married. The entire politial debate seems to be wrapped up in the immature "he said she said" game that everyone used as a kid. The point that I'm trying to get across is that don't you think we have more important issues going on in the world than gay rights?

----------

It is 1 big stupid issue.

If it's a stupid issue, why is it an issue now? Why don't we have gay marriage, no DADT, why do they still exists? As you say, it's a stupid issue. A big one at that.

Because politicians are idiots. It's just a childish issue that shouldn't be an issue in the first place. If there was no government, gays rights would not be a problem because all the candidates for president are trying to do is to get every "group" (christians, anti-gays, pro-gays, athiests, pro choice, etc.) to vote for them based on a few things.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

It's obvious that gays should be allowed to get married.

My apologies, all along I thought you were against it.

I agree it shouldn't be the biggest issue, but it still needs to be done. It should a non-issue.

Alright, now we're on the same page :) . So we can finally agree on something. Agreed? *shakes hand*

TETsig.jpeg

A choice a wrong one at that! i think its gross. guys and guys girls and girls :-X. I agree God would be stupid to make someone gay without a choice! so in the end its wrong!

P.s. i am a christian.

I can't tell if you're trolling, being sarcastic, or actually being serious in that response :-s .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I think we should talk logic here.

Its good to be close minded, because if your open minded your brains will fall out. ::'

Gotcha.

~Defender~

Thats not logical.

Its very logical. You just didn't get it and missed the point. :wall:

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Its good to be close minded, because if your open minded your brains will fall out. ::'

Gotcha.

~Defender~

Thats not logical.

Its very logical. You just didn't get it and missed the point. :wall:

~Defender~

Okay then explain how thats logical.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

No i need to know what you mean when you say "close minded" first. Mirroring me is annoying.

Signature3.gif

How is being close-minded ever logical? And give me a reason, instead of some pithy "your brains will fall out" response.

I think he's just being annoying...

Unless of course he is afraid that being open-minded will make him think too hard.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

A choice a wrong one at that! i think its gross. guys and guys girls and girls :-X. I agree God would be stupid to make someone gay without a choice! so in the end its wrong!

P.s. i am a christian.

You don't know how to use punctuation. Jesus is crying in heaven.

:XD: :XD: Oh the blasphemy and the narrow-minded views. The way them combined to make a truely funny quote. Oh man.

On-Topic: I think homosexuality isn't right or wrong, it's there. If there is a god (I'm not saying what I believe), he put homosexuality in all nature. Many animals are homosexual and they run almost purely on insinct. I have homosexual friends who have gone through mental break downs when realizing they were homosexual. The beatings, killings, and torture... why would anyone choose it?

Still not stating my religious beliefs, but I do believe the Christian bible was tainted by men and should be used for it's message of salvation more than for it's not-so-nice messages. That's all just me though. :D

Cowards can't block Warriors.

If you're open-minded then you have a hole in your head and your brains fall out. If you're closed-minded you have a skull and no hole so your brains don't fall out.

He was talking physically litterally.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

On-Topic: I think homosexuality isn't right or wrong, it's there. If there is a god (I'm not saying what I believe), he put homosexuality in all nature. Many animals are homosexual and they run almost purely on insinct. I have homosexual friends who have gone through mental break downs when realizing they were homosexual. The beatings, killings, and torture... why would anyone choose it?

Still not stating my religious beliefs, but I do believe the Christian bible was tainted by men and should be used for it's message of salvation more than for it's not-so-nice messages. That's all just me though. :D

Well said. =D>

P.s. i am a christian.

If it's a choice, perhaps you can explain the quotes I presented on page 1.

Also, why would I choose to be gay if -

a) I have natural biological urges and attractions towards women?

B) I would be looked down on by an unaccepting society?

P.s. i am a christian.

Scoreboard before your post:

Christianity:1

Other:1

After:

Christianity:-1

Other:!

DOH! :x #-o . You just fell into the stereotype for every Christian on these boards and made it worse for us :x .

---

Gotcha.

~Defender~

You guys are thinking way too deep on what he said. It's just a joke (a pretty funny one too :lol: ). And no, I'm not just saying that because what I think he said was true; it's just like every other stupid joke that make things like that into a literal state. So calm down guys :uhh: .

TETsig.jpeg

We know the joke, but i actually beleive that he thinks that backs up his position.

Signature3.gif

I have absolutely no problem with it. It hasn't bothered me at all. It still doesn't mean I don't find it wrong.

I've met one gay guy actually, and he was a very nice man. Though how they think (and I'm not saying they think wrong thoughts) is creepy, and I don't like to hang around them for long...

I have absolutely no problem with it. It hasn't bothered me at all. It still doesn't mean I don't find it wrong.

I've met one gay guy actually, and he was a very nice man. Though how they think (and I'm not saying they think wrong thoughts) is creepy, and I don't like to hang around them for long...

It's probably because you are worried that they are fantasizing about having sex with you as they are talking to you.

I, for one, think that straight effeminate males are pretty cool to hang around with. They are generally nicer, and there is a lack of testosterone. Also, I can talk about going shopping, dying my hair, etc. without worrying that they would laugh at me, unlike most males. I don't have any gay friends though. I just haven't met many gay people from school or any social event to befriend. Therefore, the lack of homosexual friends does NOT mean that I'm homophobic.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

P.s. i am a christian.

Scoreboard before your post:

Christianity:1

Other:1

After:

Christianity:-1

Other:!

DOH! :x #-o . You just fell into the stereotype for every Christian on these boards and made it worse for us :x .

---

Gotcha.

~Defender~

You guys are thinking way too deep on what he said. It's just a joke (a pretty funny one too :lol: ). And no, I'm not just saying that because what I think he said was true; it's just like every other stupid joke that make things like that into a literal state. So calm down guys :uhh: .

maybe its my opinion i am entitled to it!

Createyourownbanneratmybannermakerc.jpg

i think its gross

So because you think "it's gross", these people shouldn't have the right to forge an union in the form of a marriage? Do these people personally hurt you or force you to think about their "grossness" they were born into?

People who were born disabled/handicapped... I guess they are gross too? They must be threatening your virgin eyes incapable of witnessing such evil. They are missing a hand. Their speech is incoherent. But after all it's something they "chose" since birth, right?

Did you "choose" to be heterosexual?