2 gems in a row?

MrBowser

Ok, i was mining recently, when i got 2 gems in a row... Now, i mine a lot, and I have never had this happen before... Here is the proof shot. Has anyone else had it?

2gems.jpg

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

it's very rare, but i've heard of it before.

think about it:

lets say the odds of mining a gem from a rock are 1:100 - > 1/100

for two gems, multiply these two:

1/100 ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ 1/100 = 1/10,000

I operate under the assumption that every time the mining proces starts, you are randomly destined to either mine a gem, or mine the ore. if you mine the gem, it just restarts the mining function, which then offers the chance to mine another gem.

fishing.gif

If you wear an amulet of glory the chances of a double gem

is huge , however i got 99 mining in f2p and had this only once

at the end of my goal. I belive getting it without a glory amulet

is very rare.

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

Possible incident. Even triple or quadraple gems are possible. It seems to happen more often in higher lvl rocks which you take a longer time to mine.

I see you have the fisher realm whistle thingy - what is the procedure for mining banking at that place and how does it compare to dwarfs mine?

G

I believe setting house in brimhaven and running from your house should be faster and more ores per hour. Can't really say for sure. The dwarf's mine is not good for bulk mining and the rocks are scattered as welll as the fact you are travelling with a 30+kg helmet. For every trip with roc you would lose 3 gold ores, which can add up.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

The Whistle allows you to get into the King Fisher's realm (the entrance is a bit north of that mine), where you can access a Fairy Ring. Then, you are able to teleport to Edgeville and bank there. It's similar to the Arzinian Mines method, because you waste two inv spots (pickaxe/dramen staff/lunar staff and the magic whistle).

This signature is intentionally left blank.