Bandos Godsword - new anti-pure weapon?

Daviduhlich

Well, here's the special attack:

Attack does 10% more damage and drains your opponent's combat statistics until they reach 0. Statistics are drained in the following order: Defence, Strength, Prayer, Attack, Magic, Ranged.

Now, I don't know a whole lot about pking, but I know pures tend to have low def and prayer. Which means Strength would be the first to go, followed by attack.

I haven't heard how fast the spec drains your combat stats. But it has to be pretty good to make up for the 15% strength difference between the bandos/armadyl specs.

The other thing to realize is that it's not quite as useful against someone who's not a pure, because it will drain defense before strength.

I don't exactly go out and kill pures for sport, but I think i just might be on to something. At this point, the sword is too expensive to see a whole lot of action, so I guess the thing to do is see what happens when they come down.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

But Pures will be affected the most. I believe it lowers the stats of the target by the damage done in that attack. So if a pure gets hit, let's say 40 by the special, he will lose 39 strength levels. Ouch!

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

This is all in my Godsword vs Abyssal Whip thread...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Just because it can be used in such a way against pures, I doubt it will be. If it ever becomes cost efficient to be used in the wild it'll be mostly against "mains" fighting other "mains" and not fighting against pures.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I doubt pures will want to engage in combat with someone who has a Godsword, unless he's skulled and they're pile-jumping him as a team, but that's not really sporting.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.