Your favorite most effective movie scenes

Matok

Yes, i am talking of the type of scenes which burns themselves onto your memory and doesnt leave you years after you saw the movie.

Well...i found 3, might find more later

[hide=WARNING]

Full Metal Jacket - Stanley Kubrick sad ("this is my rifle")

and another one:

Full Metal Jacket - Stanley Kubrick always makes me laugh ("me love you too much")

Emir Kusturica - time of the gypsies beautiful

[/hide]

post yours

I'm not sure if anybody will know what I'm talking about but I might aswell post it. In the movie The bridge on the River Kwai where Alec Guiness kills the man sent to blow up the bridge then realising what he has done runs towards the plunger and falls on it blowing the bridge. That kept me up all night thinking about it.

I'm not sure if anybody will know what I'm talking about but I might aswell post it. In the movie The bridge on the River Kwai where Alec Guiness kills the man sent to blow up the bridge then realising what he has done runs towards the plunger and falls on it blowing the bridge. That kept me up all night thinking about it.

this is a classic one :D

Yes, i am talking of the type of scenes which burns themselves onto your memory and doesnt leave you years after you saw the movie.

Well...i found 3, might find more later

[hide=WARNING]

Full Metal Jacket - Martin Scorsese sad ("this is my rifle")

and another one:

Full Metal Jacket - Martin Scorsese always makes me laugh ("me love you too much")

Emir Kusturica - time of the gypsies beautiful

[/hide]

post yours

So memorable you think it was Scorsese who did Full Metal Jacket, and not Stanley Kubrick?

You're a joke.

So memorable you think it was Scorsese who did Full Metal Jacket, and not Stanley Kubrick?

You're a joke.

Jeez my bad :wall: was looking for a scene from the Goodfellas right before that. so please,smartbutt,restrain your mouth, mistakes like that happens...

anyway fixed

:wall:

Yeah, I did enjoy that scene also.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The sene between Orson Welles and Joesph Cotton in Reed's "The Third Man"

Click

Edit: And it's "Goodfellas" not "Goodfellows".

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Psycho - by Alfred Hitchcock: the murder of the young woman in the shower.

Saving Private Ryan - Steven Spielberg: D-Day - this scene is just brilliant. Shows the insanity perfectly.

28 weeks later - don't know the director: the infected woman is killed by her husband, he thrusts out her eyes and there is blood all over the place.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Yeah, I did enjoy that scene also.

Ok that's cool, two people know what I'm talking about :D

For effect I like it when the doctor runs down the slope saying "Madness" as the camera pans away. The last 20 minutes of that film build up so much emotion and tension for the characters it got me more into any other film I have watched.

I've always wondered if Alec fell on purpose or if he just faints on it. I like to think it's the former but I'm not 100% sure...Man it's got me thinking now, I'm gonna watch it again tonight.

The March of Violence in Bela Tarr's Werckmeister HarmÃÆÃâÃâóniÃÆÃâÃâák.

The finale of Shichinin no Samourai

The 'shoe scene' from Nobi

The ending montage from Requiem for a dream

The Girl hunt scene from The Band Wagon

The monologuee by Ingrid Thulin in NattvardsgÃÆÃâÃâästerna (the one where she's reading the letter)

The opening from Persona

The ending of the Searchers where [hide]when John Wayne captures his niece, and then accepts her again[/hide]

The scene in Sunrise when the couple is on the road in the bussy town, and are so in love that they get into their own world. But in fact they're in the middle of a crowded road.

The boxing scene in City Lights

Harold Lloyd hanging on a clock in Safetey Last

The opening titles from Vertigo

The opening titles from Kaidan

The last (?) shot from Bin-Jip, with the hug-kiss

The drowning scene in Europa

The encounter between St. Francis and the leper in Francesco, Giullare di Dio

Shutting of Hal in 2001:ASO

The whiping scene in Otto e Mezzo

Opening scene of Donnie Darko when he's riding home with Echo and the Bunnymen on the background

The court-scne from A Matter of Life and Death

The beauditul opening from Hadaka no shima.

Marylin Monroe preforming in Some Like it Hot

Opening titlles (Robert DeNiro 'dancing' in the ring), and the last fight against Sugar Ray in Raging Bull. The scene where he is playing midget golf with vicky is brilliant as well...

Andy Dufregne when he [hide]has just escaped and comes out in the water[/hide]

In A Woman Under the Influence, on the evening when Mabel gets home. When everybody left. Nick is trying to get the kids upstairs, but that doesn't go as simple as the thought.

And there is so much more, it's hard to choose and I'm forgetting a lot of things.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Pulp Fiction - The scene in the car when Vincent is talking about the Quarter Pounder wit' cheese, some of the best dialogue ever!

Saving Private Ryan - When the guys mate is upstairs getting stabbed, and hes standing in the stairwell frozen with fear, then the German walks down the stairs right passed him.

American History X - The scene where Derek comes out when the guys are trying to steal his car, chilled me to the core.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

the part in Requiem for a dream, where the refrigerator comes alive and the old lady gets freaked out from taking to many pills.

i couldn't find a clip, but if you've seen the movie you know what im talking about.

also the part in shawshank redemption, where the one prisoner moves into the half-way house where the old librarian hung himself, and left his name carved in the beam.

All I could think of were generic ones (Star Wars- Luke, I am your father type) that almost everyone would know. I did however just think of one that only a few people on this board probably would know.

Fanny och Alexander - the "God" puppet scene, freaked me the hell out because it was done so well.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Saving Private Ryan - Steven Spielberg: D-Day - this scene is just brilliant. Shows the insanity perfectly.

amazing scene

the part in Requiem for a dream, where the refrigerator comes alive and the old lady gets freaked out from taking to many pills.

i also thought about that 1.Think i saw it on youtube somewhere..

Pulp Fiction - The scene in the car when Vincent is talking about the Quarter Pounder wit' cheese, some of the best dialogue ever!

what about the foot-message,"the path of the righteous",the gimp scene at Zed's ?? :D

The ending montage from Requiem for a dream..

The opening titles from Vertigo

definitely

have to admit i only saw about 30% of your list :wall:

i have some more:

The 2 scenes at Gaspar Nỏ̮̩̉'s Irr̮̩̉̉versible, the one in the gay s&m club(brilliant,taken in one-shot i think) and the one where Monica Bellucci getting vialoted.... the most disturbing scenes i've ever seen.This movie is actually all around this 2 scenes :-k

Reservoir Dogs - the ear-cutting scene

The famous baby trolley scene in Brian De Palma's, The Untouchables

[EDIT] Fargo, the scene in the police car, right after

. Marge lectures to the swedish who few minutes earlier grinded Lundegaard's wife in the woodchipper:

"There's more to life than money,you know." :D

The bit in American History X when Ed Norton forces a man to bite a road curb, then stomps on his skull. That was brutal. So much so, that they never show it on TV... just on DVD.

Another one... when I was really young (like 10 or something), I watched Best of The Best. At the end when they're handing out medals and Dae Han steps forward and offers himself as a brother to Tommy Lee... that was a really powerful moment for me for some reason. lol

Harrington.gif

The bit in The Shawshank Redemption where he finally gets out of the surrige pipe and starts washing in the river, when he finally gets out

and a question, what is American History X coz its on foxtel at the moment and i was wondering what it was about

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

- Several scenes in Falling Down (one of my all-time favs). The convience store scene when Douglas' character first start losing it. Also, the fast food restaurant scene..."but I want breakfast"

- When Mel Gibson's char in Conspiracy Theory is getting brainwashed with his eyelids taped open and he bites off Patrick Stewart's nose, trying to escape while tied to a wheelchair.

I know the one you mean because I just finished watching it. It's a great ending to the film because you're unsure if he meant to blow up the bridge or not.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The Two Towers - When the Ents begin their march on Isengard. That music is awesome.

The Return of the King - Lighting of the beacons. The cinematography is outstanding, and the music is the best in the trilogy.

Saw - The very end, when the "dead" guy gets up off the floor and reveals that he's Jigsaw. Definately a "WTF??" moment.

School of Rock - The "My brain is hanging upside down" montage.

300 - "THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

These kinds of topics kill me. Really. I'm just going to stick to the one scene.

In the Name of the Father - the scene where the prisoners set fire to a scrap of paper and let it fall down through the bars of their jail windows in honour of Giuseppe. It sounds cheesy, but I remember how the image of those little lights twirling down in the dark really really got me when I watched it.

I remember that scene, i love Daniel Day-Lewis in that film.

And your signature has reminded me of another of my favourite moments. The fight off between the German and French national anthems in Ricks Bar, exceptional scene.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Lord of the Rings has a ton of those kinda scenes.

And I also like V for Vendetta's opening, as well as its conclusion are both awesome.

Though I cannot decide between these two for my favorites:

The ending of The Matrix Revolutions

The ending of Donnie Darko

I have no idea why this is but:

The scene in Babel where the Japanese girl (Cheiko?) is in the club with all the lasers and everyones going nuts and she can't hear a thing. IIRC there's a strobe light effect and you just see bits and pieces of what's happening...I have no idea why, it's neither my favorite movie nor scene (though I do like the movie and really do like the scene) but that scene is 'etched into memory' like this is about.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg