The future?

T-Roach

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technology and civilization are only signs of man's stupidity. Without man, the rest of nature would just adapt and conquer.

Only true desperation can persevere. Think about Egypt. All the palaces and dwellings from the Pharaohs have crumbled to dust. What do we have left of them? The pyramids. Ancient tombs built in desperation to give the builder eternal life.

Our modern world will crumble without us. In similarity to the above example, look at Pripyat, Russia. This is the main settlement near the Cherynoble reactors. In 1985, it was the pinnacle of modern engineering. Now, after only 20 years the town is being reclaimed by nature, with the "great works of man" crumbling away. In 600 years, the only thing left of man's existance there will be the concrete Sarcophagus, ironically built in desperation.

And what the heck did I just post. I like phased out and hit the reply button, :P. I'll leave it just because it's kinda deep.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Well they could invent "Futurama type" technology. That is they can if we stop polluting the earth. and what is up with the government? they say they're concerned about global warming but all they really do is build factories and pollute the planet.

6p8kx0z.jpg

Pros: This virus, pest, and menace we call humanity will finally disappear off this planet and stop its plague of destruction.

Okay, humans may royally suck, but it's not like we're supposed to be rooting for a giant rock here -_-".

I'm not rooting for the giant rock, but the things on it. I'm a big lover of nature and all that good stuff. But, I'm also very hypocritical as I love eating meat and do other not-so-envirnmentally-great things. I love human life, but we really are a plague to this planet and everything that lives here.

And humans aren't part of nature, AMIRITE? :wink:

I only hope that the future will be cool before I die. :P

We humans are part of nature, but we've gotten into the nasty habit of trying to control it and bend it to our wills. That's not cool.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

We humans are part of nature, but we've gotten into the nasty habit of trying to control it and bend it to our wills. That's not cool.

Why not? It's just nature. Without intelligient observers, it's barely above worthless.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Why not? It's just nature. Without intelligient observers, it's barely above worthless.

In the big picture, everything is worthless. We're just a planet floating in space and soon enough we'll be gone and nothing will ever know we existed. I'm just a tree hugger. :D

physical war probably wont happen because weapons will be (and already are) too powerful so the world would probably be destroyed if it happened. any wars from now between big countries will probably just be stopping trades etc which they need.

nearish future:

better technology etc, (both good and bad)

further future:

if things go bad:

global warming causing the earth to be none liveable on, people not being able to live anymore, running out of rescources, some maniac getting hold of nuclear bombs and destroying the world.

if things go extremely good:

global warming being "fixed" somehow, peace between all countries, an infinite energy source being found, medical science advancing enough so diseases are gone, finding a way to stop overpopulation.

physical war probably wont happen because weapons will be (and already are) too powerful so the world would probably be destroyed if it happened. any wars from now between big countries will probably just be stopping trades etc which they need.

nearish future:

further future:

if things go bad:

global warming causing the earth to be none liveable on, people not being able to live anymore, running out of rescources, some maniac getting hold of nuclear bombs and destroying the world.

global warming being "fixed" somehow, peace between all countries, an infinite energy source being found, medical science advancing enough so diseases are gone, finding a way to stop overpopulation.

That was very contradictory and impossible. People need conflict and are greedy so world peace will never happen unless some kind of dictator takes over the world. Global Warming will be fixed by the Earth itself with an ice age and other fun things (I can't even began to start explaining this but CO2 levels have been like this before us and the Earth "revives" itself. It's happened a few times before, look it up if you really want.). Infinite energy is also impossible because of various laws of science. With human disease gone overpopulation would get worse exponentially, and the only way to stop overpopulation is to pass laws against having a certain number of children and/or killing people.

George Bush, 7 years after losing teh presidency, will sneak into gov't headquarters, and nuke 18 nuclear powers, they will retaliate aginst each other, and few countries will survive, including Switzerland, and umm..thats about it.About 50 years after that, the human race will be extinct, due to switzerland having a low birth rate. You can switch around anmes and dates, but teh basic idea will be the same.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

George Bush, 7 years after losing teh presidency, will sneak into gov't headquarters, and nuke 18 nuclear powers, they will retaliate aginst each other, and few countries will survive, including Switzerland, and umm..thats about it.About 50 years after that, the human race will be extinct, due to switzerland having a low birth rate. You can switch around anmes and dates, but teh basic idea will be the same.

Hansel!

wwidas6.jpg

nearish future:

further future:

if things go bad:

That was very contradictory and impossible. People need conflict and are greedy so world peace will never happen unless some kind of dictator takes over the world. Global Warming will be fixed by the Earth itself with an ice age and other fun things (I can't even began to start explaining this but CO2 levels have been like this before us and the Earth "revives" itself. It's happened a few times before, look it up if you really want.). Infinite energy is also impossible because of various laws of science. With human disease gone overpopulation would get worse exponentially, and the only way to stop overpopulation is to pass laws against having a certain number of children and/or killing people.

the technology out now was probably considered impossible afew years ago, i wouldnt say anything is impossible.

nearish future:

further future:

if things go bad:

the technology out now was probably considered impossible afew years ago, i wouldnt say anything is impossible.

Maybe, but this really is impossible because of the laws of science, I.e. that for every change of energy some is given off as heat, thus there can never be perpetual motion (infinite energy).

My Future? Think Pie. Lots and lots of Pie. Maybe some Pi, too, but not as much.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif