Farcasters and Safers

axeraider194

They don't exist.

Farcasting is called maging. Anybody who mages up close to a guy whipping and ddsing them is an idiot.

Why use ancients if you aren't going to make use of the bind?

And safing. Well, let me rephrase, eating. Eating is what keeps you alive. If you choose to only eat at 40hp, have fun getting taken out in 1 hit. I eat to full hp, and you know what? I get pk's all the time. I've pk'd furies, dharoks, and whips, from SAFING!

Jesus christ, the pk world in rs seems to have been burned down to nothing but a bunch of kids yelling at each other so they can die quicker.

What's next? OMG ARMORER! OMG ATTACKER! OMG RS PLAYER!

(For the record, I prefer this to be more of a general discussion than a rant, hence the posting of it here, I would really appreciate it if this didn't get moved)

I agree with you by far.

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

besides there are no rules in the wild...and 123yourgone if you like rsc pking that much why not just go back and play rsc? =;

I do.

Any other stupid comments to make?, if you want to fight on rs2 i can gladly ko you there as well.

I pk well on either game, and theres no rules for YOU in the wild, dont speak for the rest of us, all the really big clans have rules of some kind or another, and i follow my own honour code.

Yeah, I hate the constant insults and putdowns people use just because you are making it hard for them to kill you by using an advantage, I understand them getting angry when you are both at around 30% hp and one person eats, when if you didn't eat one of you would have got the KO, but also the logic behind that is why bring food at all :|

Anyways, some pkers are famous for not following "The Rules" and I enjoy their PK videos quite alot.

Good luck with future pking dude :D

stn00bl37dz0.jpg

There's nothing to safing...If i fight my friends and don't "safe" they'll 1 hit me with something heavy and 2 handed, or dds, or gmaul me to pieces as soon as i fall under 47 hp...So to hell with noobs who cry about safing.

I agree with you completely. IMO "safer", and "farcaster" are terms made up by pkers who get frustrated every time they get killed for their monk robes in the wild. Because it's usually the 1 item/protect prayer pkers that you hear the term coming from. It gets to the point that I would rather play with my chat off every time I step into the wild.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

besides there are no rules in the wild...and 123yourgone if you like rsc pking that much why not just go back and play rsc? =;

I do.

Any other stupid comments to make?, if you want to fight on rs2 i can gladly ko you there as well.

I pk well on either game, and theres no rules for YOU in the wild, dont speak for the rest of us, all the really big clans have rules of some kind or another, and i follow my own honour code.

lol? take a look at my stats before jumping to the conclusion that you will ko me that easily...i wouldnt even be anywhere near you...have fun chilling out in the ice box =; and when did i ever say that i wanted to fight you? please read what i say carefully before replying...and sorry i dont usually like to bully lower lvl ppl...prefer taking on someone my own size.

you ask me not to speak for the "rest of us" yea so im the only isolated soul in runescape who has no clan and follow no rules and pk alone by myself in the wildy and everyone else EXCEPT me abide by the "unwritten rules" of the wilderness. even if this was true what are you going to do about that? report me to jagex for...not following the "unwritten rules"?

besides im sure im not the only one who is an advocate of anti-name calling in the wilderness...as can be seen from the majority of posts in this thread if you bothered to look around. and these "rules" that you follow...what makes you think that the rest of us have to abide by them? did the clans set those rules with our consent? did they democratically cast a vote to see how many ppl agree to the terms and conditions of these "unwritten rules"? on top of that, i doubt any of the clans will ever have such a rule which says "NO EATING UNTIL YOU ARE NEARLY DEAD" no one will follow that rule if they are getting piled which is the way clans pker...if you are getting piled are u gonna constant check your hp to see that it is below 40 or 50 before eating? so how can u say that all the big clans have such a rule? if that were true all of them would be hypocrites straight away...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

I do.

lol? take a look at my stats before jumping to the conclusion that you will ko me that easily...i wouldnt even be anywhere near you...have fun chilling out in the ice box =; and when did i ever say that i wanted to fight you? please read what i say carefully before replying...and sorry i dont usually like to bully lower lvl ppl...prefer taking on someone my own size.

you ask me not to speak for the "rest of us" yea so im the only isolated soul in runescape who has no clan and follow no rules and pk alone by myself in the wildy and everyone else EXCEPT me abide by the "unwritten rules" of the wilderness. even if this was true what are you going to do about that? report me to jagex for...not following the "unwritten rules"?

besides im sure im not the only one who is an advocate of anti-name calling in the wilderness...as can be seen from the majority of posts in this thread if you bothered to look around. and these "rules" that you follow...what makes you think that the rest of us have to abide by them? did the clans set those rules with our consent? did they democratically cast a vote to see how many ppl agree to the terms and conditions of these "unwritten rules"? on top of that, i doubt any of the clans will ever have such a rule which says "NO EATING UNTIL YOU ARE NEARLY DEAD" no one will follow that rule if they are getting piled which is the way clans pker...if you are getting piled are u gonna constant check your hp to see that it is below 40 or 50 before eating? so how can u say that all the big clans have such a rule? if that were true all of them would be hypocrites straight away...

you are just an rs2 product and a skiller, i bet you have never pked ever.

wth? stop jumping to conclusions dude...ive been around since rsc and have played rs for at least 4 years now...i hate it when ppl jump to conclusions without giving any proof or evidence of any sort...exactly like what jagex writes in their messages when you appeal...and i was around when santa hats were dropped FYI.

and you say ive never pked...have you even looked me up in the high scores yet? checked my mage/range lvl yet? in case you didnt its 95/97...not saying that its high or anything but yes ive pked if u wanna know...and most definitely much more than the amount of pk trips the average runescaper has gone on...ive pked in BOTH rsc and rs2 in case you were wondering too...so now lets talk about who is a product of rs2 and has been playing for a longer time and has pked more times... :-w

by the way that was a rather immature, one-liner reply that generalises.

Selhy.png

I completely agree. I'm not sure if these kids know what safing is or if they think saying "safer" will cause the other persong not to eat at all...

I'm just not even going to respond to them anymore.

and these are the players that are buying the gp online from the autoers. I actually know one of them too. he is my neighbor

40e3b12264.png

u forgot pray n00b :wink:

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

these among all the other types of "noobs" are the most respectible people in the wilderness. its the wilderness.. dont call me and them farcasters or safers or whatever. if you dont like it then go to the duel arena and turn no food and no movement on you babies.

its the wilderness for a reason.. they have/had a warning sign that you will most likely die by a monster or pker.

its a " kill or be killed" thing out there . dont go out there to win everytime and for others to follow" your rules" we can safe, tele, pj or whatever we please out there.

--thats my rant .. post if you hate those who call you a "respectible wilderness term"

from my topic which got locked...

I pj,tele,safe, and farcast in the wild becasue.. its the flipping wild. if you get killed its your fault no the person who pked you. dont complain becasue you ignore the wilderness sign. if your a 1 item ddser ill tele from you becasue im not gonna waste 10k on runes for 2k in l00t.

i agree with the topic starter.. eventually people will be called "merch noob" or anything.. at least the people in the wilderness has balls.(and nerves of steel if your a lady)

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

wth? stop jumping to conclusions dude...ive been around since rsc and have played rs for at least 4 years now...i hate it when ppl jump to conclusions without giving any proof or evidence of any sort...exactly like what jagex writes in their messages when you appeal...and i was around when santa hats were dropped FYI.

and you say ive never pked...have you even looked me up in the high scores yet? checked my mage/range lvl yet? in case you didnt its 95/97...not saying that its high or anything but yes ive pked if u wanna know...and most definitely much more than the amount of pk trips the average runescaper has gone on...ive pked in BOTH rsc and rs2 in case you were wondering too...so now lets talk about who is a product of rs2 and has been playing for a longer time and has pked more times... :-w

by the way that was a rather immature, one-liner reply that generalises.

i can tell just off your posts that you know nothing about pking

there is strategy in pking, and eating/effective magic are included. unfortunately, they're getting shoved away be the 'strategy' of high strength +dds, and insult hurling if that fails.

-if m4tty can constructively answer a post in rants without spam/flaming, i'll remove this line

ok lets take a "true melee'r" (NOT a hybrid with dhide/karils, and even then the mage would probably win) and put them vs a mage, the mager will win 9 times out of 10. rs2 pking is stupid anyway imo, rsc was 100x better because it was much simpler but took more skill, none of this stupid 20 brews and a teletab + ahrims and max mage bonus BS which like 90% of these "green drag pking teams" which fold then remake with a different name every week do. oh and the basically everything untradable or protected except rune legs, dds and str ammy in edge, and mb is basically the same as drags except no teletab, less mage gear, more brews and hugging the lever/stairs instead, pkings being messed up since the release of rs2, but even more since brews/all the str stuff like torso.

if some one did try pking at lvl 60 , they will see eating to full hp is okay ..

i been koed 2 time by a ancient mauler (hit N run ) mage then gmaul spec . i was 73 hp and did get 1 hitted , so i think a lvl 90+ can hit high enuff to bring down 60 hp .....

in f2p , everyone kno max hit is 31 r2h pot pray , so , eating at 35 is kinda stupid ...

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

if some one did try pking at lvl 60 , they will see eating to full hp is okay ..

i been koed 2 time by a ancient mauler (hit N run ) mage then gmaul spec . i was 73 hp and did get 1 hitted , so i think a lvl 90+ can hit high enuff to bring down 60 hp .....

in f2p , everyone kno max hit is 31 r2h pot pray , so , eating at 35 is kinda stupid ...

the only safing which is really stupid is in level 1 wild when both people are wearing basically rune legs, dds whip then torso and str ammy and fighter hat and eat at 20hp down, ffs you pick up everything but 110k and noones gonna die if you eat to full hp in 1 wild.

i can tell just off your posts that you know nothing about pking

yet another baseless one-liner...well ill assume you do not know how to construct paragraphs using complete sentences. why don't you cite me which part of my previous post is evidence that i know nothing about pking? well the only reason i can think of is that there is no such evidence there...ppl who post one-liners have nothing to elaborate about which means their conclusion is baseless and should simply not waste the space on forums...i assume you must be a PKING PRO since you have the sixth sense to tell immediately from my post that i know nuts about pking...so what is your account name....or is it too embarrassing to put it up?

Selhy.png

Personally, I do not see a problem with this so-called "safing". According to PKers, doing so actually lowers your chances of winning, so I don't see why PKers complain about it if they truly believe this. As for "farcasting", that's even more ridiculous, considering the whole point and advantage of a mage is the ability to cast spells at a range without being hit themselves. Prayer and teleportation is two issues that is more ambiguous: while it is true that being part of the game, it is perfectly alright to use them, the fact is the prayer and teleportation systems are simply too powerful talismans to protect against death. But that is a gameplay balance issue, not a player conduct issue, so again I see no problem with using them - admittedly it is annoying, but I accept it as part of the game.

It does lower your chances of winning. It pretty much kills any chance of either player dying. Unless you get some 40-40 specs in, you're screwed. What's the fun in risking millions in pots, gear, and sharks if no one has a chance to win?

So therefore, you only win when your opponent kneels before you and offer their items up for you to loot? Seriously, do you get up and throttle the loser when you play chess? Since when does winning HAVE to equate dying? If you beat an opponent into submission and they teleport/run, then you have won. That for me is satisfication enough. Sure, having some loot would be nice, but it isn't compulsory for me to enjoy the competition.

Seriously peoples, Runescape is ENTERTAINMENT. Go have some fun, instead of yelling at people and lowering your life span over something so minor.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

safing - =) ill do it in an instant since melee just happens to hit around 37s around my lvl (thats rune pures in best available str gear minus great axe)

farcasting - ok im sorry i raised my mage lvl to do this and u only raised ur str and att.

There is one thing I've learned since I started playing Runescape and it's that pkers are WHINERS. It doesn't get much more blunt than that.

They whine when they can't kill you because you take time to raise defense. They whine when they can't kill you because you take time to raise prayer and actually put it to use. They whine when you eat to stay alive. They whine when they can't kill you because you run when you weren't there to pk in the first place. They whine when you pot. They whine when you mage. They whine when you range.

They just simply whine about ANYTHING that means they won't get a kill, or will be killed.

Here's to all the pkers who whine out there: If you aren't going to do anything to protect yourself from damage like the people you try to kill intelligently do, then you have no room to whine when you can't kill them or are killed yourself. The wilderness is everything goes. If you can't adapt to that, then clearly you aren't a true Runescape player-killer.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

i

ok lets take a "true melee'r" (NOT a hybrid with dhide/karils, and even then the mage would probably win) and put them vs a mage, the mager will win 9 times out of 10. rs2 pking is stupid anyway imo, rsc was 100x better because it was much simpler but took more skill, none of this stupid 20 brews and a teletab + ahrims and max mage bonus BS which like 90% of these "green drag pking teams" which fold then remake with a different name every week do. oh and the basically everything untradable or protected except rune legs, dds and str ammy in edge, and mb is basically the same as drags except no teletab, less mage gear, more brews and hugging the lever/stairs instead, pkings being messed up since the release of rs2, but even more since brews/all the str stuff like torso.

I actually Agree with M4tty for once. I myself have never played RSC, I dont go pking often, But I think RSC pking was simpler back then. None of that sara brew crap ( Oh yes, the times i went pking i see people using that), And I dont know about RSC, but I bet RSC was better for pking. Although, im only 81, And ive never tried Rsc. It sounds like fun though.

EDIT: OH CRAP SCREWED UP ON QUOTES >_< Sry

Pretty much done with rs now

There is one thing I've learned since I started playing Runescape and it's that pkers are WHINERS. It doesn't get much more blunt than that.

They whine when they can't kill you because you take time to raise defense. They whine when they can't kill you because you take time to raise prayer and actually put it to use. They whine when you eat to stay alive. They whine when they can't kill you because you run when you weren't there to pk in the first place. They whine when you pot. They whine when you mage. They whine when you range.

They just simply whine about ANYTHING that means they won't get a kill, or will be killed.

Here's to all the pkers who whine out there: If you aren't going to do anything to protect yourself from damage like the people you try to kill intelligently do, then you have no room to whine when you can't kill them or are killed yourself. The wilderness is everything goes. If you can't adapt to that, then clearly you aren't a true Runescape player-killer.

How do you adapt to some one using protect from range freezing you from half a screen away, that switches to protect melee every time you get unfrozen?.

Then when they run out of food they teleport.

The reason the wild is [cabbage] is becouse most people support this kind of behavior, Its the wilderness theres no rules so i can run from a dm, or kill some one who finishes a dm, theres no rules about spot stealing, arrow stealing or being an arrogant jerk on rs, some people choose not to do these things couse they arnt little prepubescent [bleep]s, and thats what the honour code is about, mutual respect.

I could give a damn if i get your rune, im not mad couse im not getting a kill im mad couse you pk like a [kitty] waste my food then teleport away from the fight you initiated.

Safing is a bs term made up by little pures, but farcasting is sad, and any time i see it done ill attack the person doing it.