Farcasters and Safers

axeraider194

Farcasting is What mages do, 123Yourgone. Live with it. You can go attack them all you want, im not attacking that, but if you get beat by a Farcasting mage, live with it. There are no rules prohibiting a mage from farcasting. If there isnt farcasting, whats the use of ancients? Or entangle?

-_-

Pretty much done with rs now

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farcasting is What mages do, 123Yourgone. Live with it. You can go attack them all you want, im not attacking that, but if you get beat by a Farcasting mage, live with it. There are no rules prohibiting a mage from farcasting. If there isnt farcasting, whats the use of ancients? Or entangle?

-_-

I DONT CARE THAT THEY FARCAST READ THE [bleep]ING POST!.

I care that they pray melee or range the ENTIRE time.

Then they teleport.

I NEVER lose to far casters, despite their pathetic pk methods i always beat them, and then they teleport.

what you call a pathetic method of pk'ing, others call it being smart. :-k
Whats smart about losing an invent of food, a super set, several runes, 4 sara brews only to have the person your fighting either beat you and you tele or walk away in disgust, and despite what you think, entangles/barrage always fail sooner or later.

If you pray, the person your fighting prays, if he prays you both lose food and nobody dies.

How is that smart?, i cant see how thats intelligent and i pk every day.

-_-

I DONT CARE THAT THEY FARCAST READ THE [bleep] POST!.

I care that they pray melee or range the ENTIRE time.

Then they teleport.

I NEVER lose to far casters, despite their pathetic pk methods i always beat them, and then they teleport.

Oh really?

but farcasting is sad, and any time i see it done ill attack the person doing it.

That sounds like caring about the fact they farcast to me.

Really...just get over yourself. I know you think you're obviously some amazing pker because you have this so called "honour," but in reality, you're the one cutting your own throat...not the person trying to stay alive as long as possible.

And running away from a match you either instigated or allowed to proceed IS cowardly, and is annoying. But when you weren't there to pk in the first place and run away, that's just being smart. There's a line between everything, but to pkers, oftentimes the only logic they use is "If I don't get a drop worth something, then the other person is a noob."

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

And running away from a match you either instigated or allowed to proceed IS cowardly, and is annoying. But when you weren't there to pk in the first place and run away, that's just being smart. There's a line between everything, but to pkers, oftentimes the only logic they use is "If I don't get a drop worth something, then the other person is a noob."

I dont attack trainers, the farcasters i reffer to are generally like the one i fought yesterday rc pkers, they attack me, i come back in gear, they attack me, pray untill they run out of food then teleport, 3 different 111+ did it to me yesterday.

Farcasting isnt some amazing pk tactic becouse no one who has a chance of losing stands arround and fights, if you attack me and put prayer on i walk out of wild.

If you attack me freeze me run 6 steps away and put on protect range i walk out of the wild.

Ussually i just tank them and smite till they lose prayer, 90% of the time they then teleport.

Explain to me how not pking like this is "cutting my own throat", i actually get kills, farcasting isnt effective enough to kill anyone but a green hide collector on low food or an rcer, OMG what an amazing pk tactic!!!.

Show me a pure mage farcaster who gets consistant kills.

Btw, show me some one who farcasts when they wernt there to pk... who goes out in full mage gear with barrages to rc or kill green dragons? :?

How do you adapt to some one using protect from range freezing you from half a screen away, that switches to protect melee every time you get unfrozen?.

Put on Protect from Magic and have your dagger at the ready. Adaptable, no?

The reason the wild is [cabbage] is becouse most people support this kind of behavior, Its the wilderness theres no rules so i can run from a dm, or kill some one who finishes a dm, theres no rules about spot stealing, arrow stealing or being an arrogant jerk on rs, some people choose not to do these things couse they arnt little prepubescent [bleep], and thats what the honour code is about, mutual respect.

Right, so I'm supposed to actually give a damn about that honor code in the wilderness? If it's kill or be killed, honor goes clean out the window. Except in a deathmatch; sorry, but even if I don't go to the Wild, a deathmatch means to the death. I won't really chase you if you run, but I'll never hold you in any sort of regard if you had just stayed and taken your beating like a man. [Aside]

Safing is a bs term made up by little pures, but farcasting is sad, and any time i see it done ill attack the person doing it.

Oh, so using the abilities afforded to you by your level (or the nature of the game) is sad? So you mean to tell me that if I used my Armadyl Special to hit you for a 79, thus KOing you, while having on Piety and being full potted, is sad? I'm sorry, but what I think is more sad is that you're arguing semantics. No one cares about the rules of engagement in the Wilderness. If you want to complain about it that much, then just don't PK. Don't engage in player versus player combat. The less whiners in the world there are, the better.

Whats smart about losing an invent of food, a super set, several runes, 4 sara brews only to have the person your fighting either beat you and you tele or walk away in disgust, and despite what you think, entangles/barrage always fail sooner or later.

If you pray, the person your fighting prays, if he prays you both lose food and nobody dies.

What's so smart about PKing someone in low enough level Wilderness so that they can teleport away?

What's so smart about not understanding that there is always a chance you will lose money?

------

By the way, I think Outsanity was referring to deathmatches; not smart to run away from a fight that you agreed to fight to the death.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Explain to me how not pking like this is "cutting my own throat", i actually get kills, farcasting isnt effective enough to kill anyone but a green hide collector on low food or an rcer, OMG what an amazing pk tactic!!!.

Btw, show me some one who farcasts when they wernt there to pk... who goes out in full mage gear with barrages to rc or kill green dragons? :?

there are quite a lot of videos on youtube...i once saw a video of this 120+ guy who was pking in pretty high lvl wild (well above 30 at least) and i couldnt say that farcasting is not effective if you are using something like barrage? they guy almost always got his kills and he rarely used melee cause most of the time he was standing a distance from the opponent and the opponent was...frozen.

and those pkers who teleblock, entangle and use zammy/guthix/sara strike on greend dragon killers can be seen killing other melee pkers as well and similarly, there are videos of such pkers who prove to be rather effective too. and some of them ONLY use mage too...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

How do you adapt to some one using protect from range freezing you from half a screen away, that switches to protect melee every time you get unfrozen?.

Put on Protect from Magic and have your dagger at the ready. Adaptable, no?

The reason the wild is [cabbage] is becouse most people support this kind of behavior, Its the wilderness theres no rules so i can run from a dm, or kill some one who finishes a dm, theres no rules about spot stealing, arrow stealing or being an arrogant jerk on rs, some people choose not to do these things couse they arnt little prepubescent [bleep], and thats what the honour code is about, mutual respect.

Right, so I'm supposed to actually give a damn about that honor code in the wilderness? If it's kill or be killed, honor goes clean out the window. Except in a deathmatch; sorry, but even if I don't go to the Wild, a deathmatch means to the death. I won't really chase you if you run, but I'll never hold you in any sort of regard if you had just stayed and taken your beating like a man. [Aside]

Safing is a bs term made up by little pures, but farcasting is sad, and any time i see it done ill attack the person doing it.

Oh, so using the abilities afforded to you by your level (or the nature of the game) is sad? So you mean to tell me that if I used my Armadyl Special to hit you for a 79, thus KOing you, while having on Piety and being full potted, is sad? I'm sorry, but what I think is more sad is that you're arguing semantics. No one cares about the rules of engagement in the Wilderness. If you want to complain about it that much, then just don't PK. Don't engage in player versus player combat. The less whiners in the world there are, the better.

What's so smart about PKing someone in low enough level Wilderness so that they can teleport away?

What's so smart about not understanding that there is always a chance you will lose money?

------

By the way, I think Outsanity was referring to deathmatches; not smart to run away from a fight that you agreed to fight to the death.

You cant solo pk in high wild anymore thanks to teleblock, hence your only option is low wilderness, in low wilderness teleporting ruins pking, its no fun fighting for 10 minutes only to have the other guy teleport.

I play this game for fun, not pixels, i will run from a fight but i wont teleport from one, where is the fun in having no risk or reward? if no honourable pkers existed no one would pk.

Who wants to fight when people teleport at 6 shark, protect melee range or mage the entire fight, farcast and eat every time they get hit..

Thats the reality of the wild, if every body did these things NO ONE would pk, not even these low life pkers, if they only had their own kind to fight they would soon get sick of it.

Explain to me how the honour code is a bad thing? its the only thing keeping the wild worth while visiting atm.

They don't exist.

Farcasting is called maging. Anybody who mages up close to a guy whipping and ddsing them is an idiot.

Why use ancients if you aren't going to make use of the bind?

And safing. Well, let me rephrase, eating. Eating is what keeps you alive. If you choose to only eat at 40hp, have fun getting taken out in 1 hit. I eat to full hp, and you know what? I get pk's all the time. I've pk'd furies, dharoks, and whips, from SAFING!

Jesus christ, the pk world in rs seems to have been burned down to nothing but a bunch of kids yelling at each other so they can die quicker.

What's next? OMG ARMORER! OMG ATTACKER! OMG RS PLAYER!

(For the record, I prefer this to be more of a general discussion than a rant, hence the posting of it here, I would really appreciate it if this didn't get moved)

Finally, someone who realizes that safing is just that, playing it say. Why gamble dangerously with a couple mill? Eat at as soon as you can get full effect I say. And far casting is rediculous. I want as much space between you and your whip as possible when Im in pathetic mage robes. You close, and you win.

triforceelf.png

Finally, someone who realizes that safing is just that, playing it say. Why gamble dangerously with a couple mill? Eat at as soon as you can get full effect I say. And far casting is rediculous. I want as much space between you and your whip as possible when Im in pathetic mage robes. You close, and you win.

You cant wield a whip much less cast a worthwhile holding spell, come back and post your oppinion when its more then just guesswork.

I dont attack trainers, the farcasters i reffer to are generally like the one i fought yesterday rc pkers, they attack me, i come back in gear, they attack me, pray untill they run out of food then teleport, 3 different 111+ did it to me yesterday.

Farcasting isnt some amazing pk tactic becouse no one who has a chance of losing stands arround and fights, if you attack me and put prayer on i walk out of wild.

If you attack me freeze me run 6 steps away and put on protect range i walk out of the wild.

Ussually i just tank them and smite till they lose prayer, 90% of the time they then teleport.

Congrats! You managed to take two seperate paragraphs that I wrote, twisted them around, and made it seem like one of them supported the other. Kudos to you! =D>

The paragraph about running away from battles was agreeing with you, you ninny. The paragraph about farcasting was disagreeing with you. I never once said someone was farcasting when they weren't there to pk.

Secondly, I have seen many people die to farcasting. Some of the greatest pkers use the tactic when pking, and a lot of them post their kills on these forums. Just because you obviously can't kill someone using magic doesn't mean other people can't.

And lastly, you are such an overexaggerative snob. I highly doubt you just "turn on prayer and walk out of the wilderness," when someone is maging you. No one's defense is that amazing. Not even someone with 99. The only way that could happen is if the mage wasn't using a strong spell like barrage or had extremely low magic. In that case, you're not that amazing. The other person just sucked.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

i dont care about teh so called rules in wild.

Theres a reason for no safing. isnt the whole point of wild to get kills? if your opponet safesa ll teh time tahts never gona happen. you feel me?

oh also, you dont like bieng called a noob? turn your chat to friends or off.... simple enough huh?

when i you safe, i will safe too. if you pray i will either pray too or switch combat styles...

To the none pkers/level 70s who base their "facts" on youtube vids: why even post? Most PK videos cut out everything which makes the person/their pking style look bad. Basically, what ruins different parts of pking:

Edge-

People who run around with veracs/ahrims and prayer melee, its pointless to even pk when they are around because theres NO chance of killing them, but they NEVER get kills unless they pj. DON'T say "OMG THEY RISK MORE SO THEY DESERVE TO WASTE PEOPLES TIME", I won't even reply to that. If you can honestly say you can kill someone with mage in edge wild, then show me proof because people VERY rarely die to mages in edge wild simply because they dont even bother to fight them.

Teleports, simply its easy to just walk out if its unfair, are people really that scared to need to teleport in 5 wild?

Torso + Fighter Hat, meaning people just pick up half their items back while losing rune legs and a strength amulet, TBH I support the people who pk like that being frozen by mages for it.

People who run on like 8 food in a fair melee fight if they lose saying "GF, lets fight again?" and if they win, they flame the person if they run.

People who eat at 20hp down.

Deep Wild-

Teleblock making it IMPOSSIBLE to pk without a huge team.

Sara brews making it so the only "fights" are 8 people chasing a guy teleblocked in rune hitting him in the back, or someone (as in people from these "dragon teams" who carry 10 brews and 5 sharks) getting hit 5 times then being down to sara brews and running/teleporting.

And lastly, you are such an overexaggerative snob. I highly doubt you just "turn on prayer and walk out of the wilderness," when someone is maging you. No one's defense is that amazing. Not even someone with 99. The only way that could happen is if the mage wasn't using a strong spell like barrage or had extremely low magic. In that case, you're not that amazing. The other person just sucked.

Ok moron you want to turn to personal insults, get your best [bleep]ing mage [cabbage] ill wear full rune no hides no ahrims no karils.. we go up 5 lvls above where you can attack me, you barrage the entire time ill walk out.

Your [bleep]ing delusional if you think that your barrage wont fail..

Have you ever actually pked?.

Ask sir rob, 2 days ago i had 2 guys fighting me at edge, i had hides on me but i didnt even wear them, i fought the barraging prayer noob, then i tanked his pjing friends dds specs, then i walked out.. in my full rune, whilst the 99 magic noob in ahrims kept trying to barrage me..

I didnt even have brews, which would have made it much easier.

Try actually pking before you sprout this crap.

If you barrage me at edge ill walk out, and you cant do anything to stop it..

I got 62 prayer and 24 shark..

You gotta do 574 damage with a max hit of 17 before i walk 5 wild lvls to kill me..

Tell me how my maths is exagerating?, i have never died to an ancient mage.

he didnt say you wouldnt find it hard walking out from lvl 5 wild...he just said that you were exaggerating the situation so perhaps you ran out or turned on prayer but the person hit you a few hits but you still managed to get out perfectly fine etc etc instead of just turn on prayer, all spells miss, stroll out of wildy as though you were walking in fally park. lvl 5 wild is no big deal anyway zzz...its just that perhaps the way you wrote it made it seem as though nothing can hit you.

with 89 def and 78 mage and full rune the chances a barrager in full ahrims with 99 mage hitting you is quite high so most probably you were lucky...there is always that component in runescape...if you don't think so you could try getting someone else to hit you and see out of 10 barrages how many will miss you...unfortunately i only have 95 mage so i cant fulfill the criteria of 99 mage. :-w

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

he didnt say you wouldnt find it hard walking out from lvl 5 wild...he just said that you were exaggerating the situation so perhaps you ran out or turned on prayer but the person hit you a few hits but you still managed to get out perfectly fine etc etc instead of just turn on prayer, all spells miss, stroll out of wildy as though you were walking in fally park. lvl 5 wild is no big deal anyway zzz...its just that perhaps the way you wrote it made it seem as though nothing can hit you.

with 89 def and 78 mage and full rune the chances a barrager in full ahrims with 99 mage hitting you is quite high so most probably you were lucky...there is always that component in runescape...if you don't think so you could try getting someone else to hit you and see out of 10 barrages how many will miss you...unfortunately i only have 95 mage so i cant fulfill the criteria of 99 mage. :-w

Nah chance of me getting away is 100% as i said, he has to deal 570 damage with a max hit of 17 to kill me before i walk 5 wilderness lvls, its not even possible.

I have never died to an ancient mage, even at mage bank i only die to meleers.

• 1 year later...

Ok, here is my oppinion on the words as stated in the thread title "safer" and "farcasting"

First, I will address the word safer. I know Pking is near enough dead (barely profitable), but the rule on eating is undetermined and unenforceable, if you are a Pker, respect is paramount. Stats are not the only thing that makes someone a good Pker! Yes, people prefer to live and not lose there stuff, but if you are not willing to lose your items, either 1) take stuff you are willing to lose, or 2) Do not PK!!! The wildy was a place to risk armour and weapons, in the hope of a Kill. However, if you safe, AKA eating before a KO is possible (eg 31/32 in F2P or approx 45 to 50 in P2P), then where is the fun? Wasted food and pots etc for no chance of a kill. If you are not willing to risk dont PK. I can understand "eating" if the person is being multied, or skilling in the wilderness, but any other time, it is in my oppinion disrespectful.

You may think I am lying, (proof on u tube "i thur i"), but I would respect a guy/girl that does not safe no end more than someone that does. I would rather die not safing and know i fought willingly to not just stand my ground, but to actually commit to a fight.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

Ok, here is my oppinion on the words as stated in the thread title "safer" and "farcasting"

First, I will address the word safer. I know Pking is near enough dead (barely profitable), but the rule on eating is undetermined and unenforceable, if you are a Pker, respect is paramount. Stats are not the only thing that makes someone a good Pker! Yes, people prefer to live and not lose there stuff, but if you are not willing to lose your items, either 1) take stuff you are willing to lose, or 2) Do not PK!!! The wildy was a place to risk armour and weapons, in the hope of a Kill. However, if you safe, AKA eating before a KO is possible (eg 31/32 in F2P or approx 45 to 50 in P2P), then where is the fun? Wasted food and pots etc for no chance of a kill. If you are not willing to risk dont PK. I can understand "eating" if the person is being multied, or skilling in the wilderness, but any other time, it is in my oppinion disrespectful.

You may think I am lying, (proof on u tube "i thur i"), but I would respect a guy/girl that does not safe no end more than someone that does. I would rather die not safing and know i fought willingly to not just stand my ground, but to actually commit to a fight.

You realise you just bumped a post that hasnt been posted in for about a year and is barely even relevant anymore?.

You realise you just bumped a post that hasnt been posted in for about a year and is barely even relevant anymore?.

I saw his correct grammar, but then looked over at his post count :

Not surprising.

This needs to die.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

How do people even find threads that have been dead for about a year?

Even Chuck Norris couldn' t do that.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Look you can see the people who ruined this game if you read it. Its like a histroy of the ruining of this game. This thread. Already in September there wer a bunch of little wieners:omg i hat t3h pvp because i cant ween in one match!!!!!one11

This is the reason this game was destroyed a few months later.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Farcasting for me is absolutely no problem. In fact they should make it easier to farcast by reducing time in between freezes and lowering the amount of time praying cuts off.

Safing on the other hand is debatable. If two players agree to have a deathmatch then go ahead and eat all you want. But if two players just attack each other it becomes a pain in the [wagon] when people just eat and teleport away. It wastes your food, their food, your time, their time, their ammo, and your ammo. It really can be a problem especially in F2P where people lag the ability to KO you as easily (especially with range/mage).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Look you can see the people who ruined this game if you read it. Its like a histroy of the ruining of this game. This thread. Already in September there wer a bunch of little wieners:omg i hat t3h pvp because i cant ween in one match!!!!!one11

This is the reason this game was destroyed a few months later.

Okay, that made no sense.

Just let this thread die, people. It's a zombie!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000