Farcasters and Safers

axeraider194

They don't exist.

Farcasting is called maging. Anybody who mages up close to a guy whipping and ddsing them is an idiot.

Why use ancients if you aren't going to make use of the bind?

And safing. Well, let me rephrase, eating. Eating is what keeps you alive. If you choose to only eat at 40hp, have fun getting taken out in 1 hit. I eat to full hp, and you know what? I get pk's all the time. I've pk'd furies, dharoks, and whips, from SAFING!

Jesus christ, the pk world in rs seems to have been burned down to nothing but a bunch of kids yelling at each other so they can die quicker.

What's next? OMG ARMORER! OMG ATTACKER! OMG RS PLAYER!

(For the record, I prefer this to be more of a general discussion than a rant, hence the posting of it here, I would really appreciate it if this didn't get moved)

axeraider194.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, care to tell us why you are so frustrated?

I agree with you, but luckily it is your choice to farcast or not :)

So, why the frustration?

Because you can't go anywhere in the wilderness without being constantly shouted at about it. It's really annoying.

I've been playing since 2002, and there was never immature problems like this.

Basically, i'm frustrated at how far pking has fallen in the past couple of years.

axeraider194.png

Rants forum?

Last two lines in the first post :-$

Doesn't make it any less of a rant.

You could make a 3 page rant about turtles and put a disclaimer at the bottom, that doesn't mean it's not a rant.

Your post is a rant.

And safe eating is rediculously low. Farcasting is fine. Safing? Horrible.

Sorry, but i'm going to have to move this to the rants forum. Discussion of the subject can still be held, but that doesn't change it from being a rant, it's still a general complaint about something within the game.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Two of the reasons i stopped pking as stated above. Amongst safer, farcaster, I've also been called specer (using dds spec, huh? :uhh: )

Rune noob (like i'm really gonna take full dragon into the wild) and run noob (what am i supposed to do, stand there and die?)

No witty signatures for me :(

they want your stuff, so they insult you(if you can call it that) when they can't get it.

just eat away and watch them tele out if they start losing

They mostly seem to by cry baby spoiled brats who pitch a hissy when they can't get their way. I feel sorry for their parents, unless it was their parents that taught them that pitching hissies actually work.

Grow up and earn your items, for Pete's sake.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

If you have been playing since 2002 then you should know that their was none of this safing back then.. You had to get hit 3 times before you could eat again. And if you were caught before u ate well then pray you didnt get 3 hit at low hp..

Peeps now days just want an easy kill and talk about the wildy code and all this bs...I've fought peeps my lvl who call me a safer for eating half health and then they run out or tele when they get low..

I can be in 54 wild and att some low lvl and they run for the mage bank lever and when we get in they say " omfg why cant u att someone your own lvl".........well you are in 54 wildy skulled, why not just kill you and save the time and food of having to fight some 110 +

Peeps will DO anything and SAY anything to TRY to win a fight in wildy

this is why peeps are alwasy saying safer to get you to type back to them so they can get a possible 2 or 3 hit ???

o well that would be my input

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Like you said, you get more pks from safing, people don't like losing their pixels so come up with reasons for why it was unfair that they lost. There's nothing wrong with it imo. :-s

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

i DONT agree with you. AT ALL. i'm f2p...so i've never pked in p2p...but i know in f2p there's no reason to safe (you call it eating, above 30 hp i call it safing) above 30 hp. unless you're fighing 99 str....there's not a reason to. just think, if everyone safed, then no one would take chances, and nobody would get kills. and there would be no pking.

not sure about the farcasting thing that dont affect me. but the safing does get on my nerves.

diabl0_915.png

I agree. Specially with you ranting about "safing". When you eat it's called safing, when they eat it's called healing...

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

i DONT agree with you. AT ALL. i'm f2p...so i've never pked in p2p...but i know in f2p there's no reason to safe (you call it eating, above 30 hp i call it safing) above 30 hp. unless you're fighing 99 str....there's not a reason to. just think, if everyone safed, then no one would take chances, and nobody would get kills. and there would be no pking.

not sure about the farcasting thing that dont affect me. but the safing does get on my nerves.

yes because eating would just be so stupid to do, why would I want to heal myself and not die. Ya, I would like to die and lose all my stuff.

Why the hell would you wait till 30hp to be eating? I eat at 50hp on NPCS let alone real players who can hit much harder than they can.

RuneScape-Sigre-sized-1.gif[/url]

yes because eating would just be so stupid to do, why would I want to heal myself and not die. Ya, I would like to die and lose all my stuff.

Why the hell would you wait till 30hp to be eating? I eat at 50hp on NPCS let alone real players who can hit much harder than they can.

So many ignorant posts in this thread but ill just adress this one.

The reason safing is stupid is becouse niether player really has a chance for a kill, when you eat up you lose combat rounds which essentially is worse then being low hp but still not 1 hittable.

Look at it this way:

I attack you, you get to 35 hp and eat back up to 85 or whatever, whilst you eat, i get in 2 more hits, you have to keep eating untill i stop hitting.

Your down 3-5 food without dealing 1 damage becouse your terrified of dieing, if your that scared DONT PK, you will just waste my food and yours.

As for farcasting:

Go ahead and do it, but the moment it starts i will put protect mage on and walk out of the wilderness, i dont care who you are, sooner or later you will splash and i will get away, whereas if you would fight like a man i would bother to hang arround.

well, smart people eat to avoid dying anyway, and know that if they can't get you, they can't kill you.

of course, the dumb people don't realize that they could do the exact same thing and have an even, fair fight, but who really wants that?

you can farcast and they'll get you at a splash, but you can also wait for a 0 to stop eating/healing and retaliate, or take the risk, as if you're at the point where you should eat, they're likely spec-ing, wait for that to end and fight back.

seriously, why insult something that keeps you from dying?

well, smart people eat to avoid dying anyway, and know that if they can't get you, they can't kill you.

of course, the dumb people don't realize that they could do the exact same thing and have an even, fair fight, but who really wants that?

Its a fight both people have a chance of winning, in a safer fight one player either runs or telies, pretty much guarenteed, if you actually pked you would know this.

Btw, pretty much anyone who is lame to far cast puts protect melee on the second you pull a dds out or break out of the freeze.

Just more excusses to kill you faster.

It is the wildy ANYHTING GOES.......

They need to get used to it or leave.

Safing=not dieing Farcasting=Why use anceints if your not farcasting... :-k

Also if they can't figure out d hide+farcaster=dead farcaster yet they are dumb as a box of rocks.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Just more excusses to kill you faster.

It is the wildy ANYHTING GOES.......

They need to get used to it or leave.

Safing=not dieing Farcasting=Why use anceints if your not farcasting... :-k

Also if they can't figure out d hide+farcaster=dead farcaster yet they are dumb as a box of rocks.

If you cant figure out that farcasters melee pray and teleport then your as dumb as a box of rocks.