Check a topic

MageUK

In this topic you can post links to topics that you believe may be dangerous, for them to be checked.

Please do NOT post direct links to the downloads in the topic, as this could be misconstrued as you posting the link yourself, and action could be taken against your account.

Topics can be seen by myself even after they are removed, so don't worry about a Mod getting to them before I do.

Also, please note that the usual forum rules against spamming and the like still apply, if you spam this topic with useless links, then you will be treated as if you were spamming any other forum.

Finally, please only post suspicious links, nothing that is obviously not going to be infected. If the file is a AVI/WMV/MPG etc, they are most likely not infected with anything, so don't just report every topic in the Graveyard for example.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=700889

New user linking to calculators..... seems dodgy!

I would second that. I would hope people would have enough common sense to see that it wouldn't work because they don't have php installed on their system, or that the TO says "No exe's here", and you open the zip folder to find that that it is an exe >_>

Checked and posting now, keylogger for sure.

Are you like running these on an old machine with a process-watch or something? I'm curious to see how you find the reg values and stuff.

I'd prefer not to disclose exact details of how as this could allow it to be circumvented but it involves a virtual machine and some useful tools, and just a FYI, most of these loggers don't drop any registry values in. :P

Checked and posting now, keylogger for sure.

Are you like running these on an old machine with a process-watch or something? I'm curious to see how you find the reg values and stuff.

I'd prefer not to disclose exact details of how as this could allow it to be circumvented but it involves a virtual machine and some useful tools, and just a FYI, most of these loggers don't drop any registry values in. :P

Trade secret, eh :-$

• 1 month later...

This guy is going around saying "you got owned in this video" then links to this: please check it!

xxxx

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

This guy is going around saying "you got owned in this video" then links to this: please check it!

xxxx

Yes, I received this myself earlier today. Since I am retired from RS and my Tip.It password is different to RS, I download the "Shockwave Player" that I needed.

Well, good old Kaspersky picked it up straight away and had no problems deleting it.

virusjp4.png

So, stay clear and don't download anything from this link.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

xxx

Yes, I received this myself earlier today. Since I am retired from RS and my Tip.It password is different to RS, I download the "Shockwave Player" that I needed.

Well, good old Kaspersky picked it up straight away and had no problems deleting it.

virusjp4.png

So, stay clear and don't download anything from this link.

Definitely a keylogger, and a clever way to get users to download it. But also one of the most stupidly easy to remove. Edited your posts to remove the link, in future guys, please post links to the topics or PM me them if they're sent via PM to you. Don't want people/staff thinking you're the one spreading it. :)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5338534#5338534

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=710789&start=340

accidently scrolled clicked it >.>.

im not logging in until i get a response :?

its the comment dwarfpope made

Yea, it will be awile, I clicked the link and watched the video, and nothing has blown up, but better safe than sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=730241

The forum they linked to seemed a tad on the dodge side, and it was posted on the users first post.

Edit: sorry they have edited out the link rather than hiding the post, so unless you have some tool to get it back, or the infomation was forwarded the evidence is lost :(

sig2webzx7.jpg

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=730241

The forum they linked to seemed a tad on the dodge side, and it was posted on the users first post.

Edit: sorry they have edited out the link rather than hiding the post, so unless you have some tool to get it back, or the infomation was forwarded the evidence is lost :(

Yeah missed it. Never mind. ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...