Fish help

TotalTalker

Hey guys,

I know there is already a thread about someone who has a fish that keeps on jumping out of his bowl, but I need help about fish please.

I havn't got a fish at the moment, but i've had about 2-3 in the past that I put in my bedroom, and for some reason they died after a few months.

The people at the placed where I bought them from said they need to be cleaned out every few weeks or so, but I didnt do that with my first fish because the water didn't look like it needed changing. But I cleaned my second fish out every few weeks or so, and it still died.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

depends what type of fish it was, and from that it could be a number of things like water temprature, the right food, space in the tank, ect ect.

Im no quite sure what fish it was, and it wasnt like a tropical fish or anything. Im pretty sure that it was ok to be in my room, and I just fed it fish food. There was only the one fish as well, and im sure it had enough room in the tank.

Some fish need a bubbler to circulate oxygen into the water. Perhaps get one of those or some plants. Without knowing more about what kinds of fish and stuff you have we cant really help.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Theres a fishtank in my house that hasnt been cleaned in over a year.. and the fish is still alive... animal cruelty? nah, its just a scienfic experiment.

I know someone who had a fish live in a 5 gallon bucket (only about 1 gallon of water in it) for about 6 months. No food, no water circulation. Certain fish are very hardy.

Which brings me to the opening post. Some fish are very hardy, others are delicate. You are giving us nothing to work with here, we would help but at this point it is pretty much pointless, it could be any number of things.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

iv had fish for 7 years with no trubbles - no need to clean it oftern as this will stress the fish (gr8 excuse to be lazzy) use a pump to pump air into the tank through air stones to keep plenty of oxygen in the water have some plants in there (if you forget to feed them they can eat the plants and they proly do some other good stuff to) the filter i have is an under gravel filter which is suposed to be good but the water looks awful the funny black box's that pump water through a sponge work well but you have to clean the fliter out all the time - hope some of that helps

iv had fish for 7 years with no trubbles - no need to clean it oftern as this will stress the fish (gr8 excuse to be lazzy) use a pump to pump air into the tank through air stones to keep plenty of oxygen in the water have some plants in there (if you forget to feed them they can eat the plants and they proly do some other good stuff to) the filter i have is an under gravel filter which is suposed to be good but the water looks awful the funny black box's that pump water through a sponge work well but you have to clean the fliter out all the time - hope some of that helps

Yeah, if you want to be lazy with them you really can with most. I go through periods where the only thing I do is feed them and turn on the lights. Eventually I'll stop being lazy and clean out/replace the filter, scrub the algae off the side of the tank, make a water change.

I don't have any (working) air pumps in my tank though, and the fish do fine. There is enough surface area, and the filter pump moves it around enough.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I have had a fish for over 3 years now, and at first I had 3 of them, and 2 died in the first month. I guess they just need space :P

And like 7 years ago I had lizards, and one mysteriously vanished :mrgreen:

:shock:

Ive been thinking about getting a lizard (maybe a bearded dragon) but im not allowed one.