Who Did It, What Do you think?

Achilleus

Ok, forgive me for living in America and not watching TV at all except for LOST and Heroes :P .

Er, why would the parents do it? Ok, so they wanted the attention. But when they get busted, won't they feel stupid. Dumb thing to do IMO. But, I know next to nothing about the case, so who am I to talk.

p2gq.jpg

I refuse to beleive this. The last time this happened and I got involved, the boy turned up dead and burned. Damn you, Feisel parents!

Dude, the park they reported him missing is RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FRO ME.

V No. A couple of foster-parents went to a family reunion and put their disabled child in a closet for the weekend. When he was dead the next week, they burned his body and filed a police report for him at a local playground. I spent 10 hours looking for him.

Still alive, still alive.

the evidence of the parents being guilty is they found a tiny amount of blood in their car of the baby's.

If you were to look in my car, you would find my blood, and thus if i was kidnapped, surely my parents are gulity. I've had cuts, nose bleeds, whatever, in my car, and i'm not saying they didn't do it, but i think they need more evidendce

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Not even a question in my mind anymore. The parents are guilty.

And what evidence and rational reasoning have you used to attain that judgement? Or did The News of the World tell you that its true?

You got any better idea?

From everything that I've heard from the news, it points to the parents. They're also already suspects if not charged. I haven't seen the story in a while.

Yes, its called innocent until PROVEN guilty, not innocent until conjecture and circumstance may possibly in some way indicate some person may slightly have been involved. The DNA evidence and sniffer dog evidence the Portuguese attempted to get admitted in court has been questioned already so NO everything does NOT point at them being guilty.

FYI parents are always considered as suspect in child disappearances. Try reading past the headline in whatever rag you call a newspaper or listening past the first few seconds of a news soundbite.

It REALLY worries me that you can come to such a certain conclusion whilst knowing little to nothing about a case - god forbid you ever get picked for jury duty.

Golly, I'm not the freaking judge in the case...

All I'm saying is that from what I've heard on the TODAY show. (the only place where I've heard the story) the things that they've been saying have pointed at the parents. Of course, I don't know all the facts, and news shows seem to have a way of twisting stories to fit a certain viewpoint. If I was on jury duty, I would be able to hear all of the facts before coming to a conclusion. Maybe I shouldn't have worded my first statement as boldly as I did, but that doesn't mean that I'm changing what I think. Maybe if I find out more facts about the case, I'll come to a different conclusion, but for the time being, guilty.

(Quite frankly I don't really care about who's guilty as long as the girl is found to be ok)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

*sigh* fine then

reports suggest that the quality of the blood sample was too poor to confirm the origin while others have denied any blood was found in the vehicle and claim it was other ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åbodily fluidsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

This proves my point about how news sources sometimes twist stories to one viewpoint. From what I saw on the TODAY Show, it seemed like the blood found in the trunk was substantial enough evidence to consider them guilty.

Reading this definitely puts some doubts into me.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

We've all heard of her

Wrong

QFT. Enlighten us, please.

I Really Do hope your Joking, She was kidnapped in portugal, Errrrr People who havent heard of The McCanns (Starts to break out in a cold sweat :uhh: )

You act as if her kidnapping/dissapearance is any more meaningful than the thousands that go on around the world weekly.

This is ridiculous. What about all the other kids who get kidnapped, where are they're funds?

Lame.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

the evidence of the parents being guilty is they found a tiny amount of blood in their car of the baby's.

If you were to look in my car, you would find my blood, and thus if i was kidnapped, surely my parents are gulity. I've had cuts, nose bleeds, whatever, in my car, and i'm not saying they didn't do it, but i think they need more evidendce

there have been doubts that the DNA samples are hers, it's has in fact been found to be unlikely.

We've all heard of her

Wrong

QFT. Enlighten us, please.

I Really Do hope your Joking, She was kidnapped in portugal, Errrrr People who havent heard of The McCanns (Starts to break out in a cold sweat :uhh: )

Yea i forgot Portugal's kidnapping frequency is one per decade.

I really don't care anymore, there is far too much media attention over it all. How many other little girls and boys got kidnapped or went missing in the 150 whatever days since Madeline has been missing. Of course they probably weren't all pretty white and blonde with a rich family with respected jobs living the American Dream so not worth reporting...

I'll say this for sure though, I would NEVER leave my 3 year old daughter alone in a hotel room in a foreign country while I went out and got drunk.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i can see why this got so much attention at the start but it is totaly pointless now i think she has been dead since the day after she was taken (or if it was her perants then she was dead the same day) ino its harsh but the perants and people looking for her need to relise that she is almost sertainly dead (prove me wrong i will be glad if she is found alive but dowt it very much)

I really don't care anymore, there is far too much media attention over it all. How many other little girls and boys got kidnapped or went missing in the 150 whatever days since Madeline has been missing. Of course they probably weren't all pretty white and blonde with a rich family with respected jobs living the American Dream so not worth reporting...

I'll say this for sure though, I would NEVER leave my 3 year old daughter alone in a hotel room in a foreign country while I went out and got drunk.

Leaving the patio door open and not using the hotel's babysitting, room watching services.

Sedation. Putting it out there.

The reason why it's gained so much media attention is because it's like a classic whodunnit, parents on holiday in a foreign country, missing child, bumbling police force, suspicious neighbour, parents come under suspicion yah de yah.

I don't really care anymore, the parents were neglectful sure, but I don't they're murderers, and I don't think they'd give their kids sedatives.

The "evidence" against them has been grossly misrepresented in all the tabloids, the police have very little to go on, and stories seem to be varying from source to source.

I don't really care who did it now, I'd just like the parents to get some closure for their own sake and for the nation and the media to learn to put this story to bed.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

What kind of parents leave their 3 kids in a hotel room by themselves, while they go off and have dinner?

Also, I don't know if it's true, but one version claims that the parents have given Maddie pills to be calm while they went to the restaurant.

I don't know what's true and what's not, so I really find it difficult to discuss it.

signature4s.jpg

I haven't read all of the replies, so sorry if I'm repeating other peoples ideas.

In a nutshell, I recon they're guilty.

Being doctors, I believe they sedated the children so they could have some peace away from the flat. Upon their return, they discovered their daughter had perhaps fallen, overdosed or whatever... causing a fatality. I don't believe they knowingly killed their child, but they did cause the death.

Given the circumstances, they couldn't possibly report this death. They'd lose everything. They would have to dispose of the body somehow or other.

The blood and hair found in a hire car 25 days after her disappearance is a smoking gun. I think they may have stored her body in the nearby church (I wish the police would check there next), and their friend with the boat helped dispose of the body at sea.

The McCann's general attitude has been all wrong for parents with a missing child. They're TOO calm and the only time they displayed true concern was when they were being declared suspects. They continually attempt to divert attention by claiming their child is alive and should be continually searched for. It just doesn't ring true for me.

Harrington.gif

The McCann's general attitude has been all wrong for parents with a missing child. They're TOO calm and the only time they displayed true concern was when they were being declared suspects. They continually attempt to divert attention by claiming their child is alive and should be continually searched for. It just doesn't ring true for me.

They were told by the Portugese police to try and look as calm as possible to stop the abductor potentially enjoying their grief.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

They were told by the Portugese police to try and look as calm as possible to stop the abductor potentially enjoying their grief.

I understand that... but why were they unable to continue this incredible acting when they were suddenly declared suspects?

Harrington.gif

Hmm hmm hmm...I remember the day when she was reported...and just to pop this in..

Kai so everyone is all "yaddya yaddya yaddya the parents blahblahblah parents parents parents of Maddie"

Ok..well... what if the parent's didn't do it? Who did? Why? Where are they now? Was it to get back at the family for something?

No one really talks about that..it's all about the parents at the moment. Why?

If we don't know if the parent's did it and we don't know if she was kidnapped then why are we only having an open mind on one of the subjects?

Any ideas on what might of happened to her other than "l1ek her par3nts k0ed her"

Just some thoughts. :-s