What makes you like or dislike something?

megakiller32

I recently started pondering, what in the human mind or brain (or any animal for that matter) makes them Enjoy something? This question will keep me up all night :shock:

im willing to accept Scientific and Philisophical answers, but science is better :P (in my opinion :XD: )

I was wondering also what part of the brain makes you like something and how it works and functions too :shock:

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Well...

It's because little flying monkeys secretly rule the Earth and plant messages in your brain. Yes, everything you like and dislike is controlled by monkeys.

In other words...i don't know XD

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Well...

It's because little flying monkeys secretly rule the Earth and plant messages in your brain. Yes, everything you like and dislike is controlled by monkeys.

In other words...i don't know XD

Don't listen to him.

He knows exactly what he's talking about.

p2gq.jpg

Simply enough, discomfort, pain, and fear make us dislike something. Pleasure, good sensations, and anticipation make us like something.

Not that hard of a question. As for the specifics of the brain, I don't know what lobes.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

If something makes me happy or feel good then I obviously will like it.

Alternately, if something makes me sad or hurts me, the I will dislike it.

No science there, just my thoughts!

Or is it those little flying monkeys?

Talking of monkeys, I found this error one day: error. It's them darned monkeys again!

Not Philosophy? :shock: You do know that modern philosophy crosses with science right?

Anyways, I believe that it is because we have evolved this way, what we like today might have helped us survive a long time ago. For example, eating sweet stuff :P Sugar was probably scarce in the stone age lol, and our brain needs it. And now people like sugar for that reason, and as long as we don't die because of it, we will always like sugar.

That's just an example, can't think of anything more right now.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

There is no one answer so I don't know what you're searching for. If you're looking for ONE specific thing, you are not going to get it.

Here's a bit of basic psychology for you.

What makes you like/dislike something?

It's no one thing. It involves many things such as classical conditioning, operant conditioning, cognitive, positive and negative reinforcement, punishment, variable-ratio, fixed-interval and variable interval schedules, discriminative stimuli, social and cultural context, characteristics of the learner, expectancies, environmental, vicarious conditioning, modelling, nature vs nurture, psychodynamic theories, trait theories, humanistic theories, compromise formations, Id, ego and super ego, defence mechanisms, self-regulation, personal value, and much more crap that I can't think of at the moment.

And inside the brain:

Serotonin levels, dopamine, hormones other neurotransmitters etc.

Wallah, now combine the two and do some google searches so you can sleep lol

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.