Long hair

TotalTalker

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Several people have long hair at my school. The school rule is, if it touches your collar then it is too long, i'm inclined to agree. I prefer short hair really as my hair is naturally straight and at a long/semi-long length it just looks stupid (gah, need a haircut this weekend!).

How can a school have a rule against a hairstyle/length in a modern country? :? Are they going to say "sorry, you can't enter" when you come to school in the morning, because your hair touches your shoulders?

That's ridiculous and I hope by 'rule' you meant rather a social rule

Well do you think it would be acceptable for people to turn up with skin heads? Or liberty [bleep]es?

Yeah... :| I can actually name a few people from high school that had 'skin heads' and 1 or 2 with 'liberty [bleep]es', it was a quite diverse school, not to mention all kinds of dressing styles... It's their choice really, are people who don't conform to 'standards' inferior somehow?

Though that was in scandinavia so I have no idea if US schools would scream in horror if a school was fully diverse; I beg to differ as I'm quite aware of the state of high schools/colleges in the US...

I don't think schools with uniform requirements even exist in western countries on the exception of US and Great Britain... Not even private ones. I'm nearly 100% sure they don't exist in nordic countries which are highly democratic and free.

[/hide]

Ok, I guess it's just different around here. The reason we have uniform (what I get told) is to prepare us for the world of work, to make the school look smart and the cut down on the gang culture. In my area we don't have 'real gangs' but we have moshers/ chavs/ emos who all tend to wear the same thing and not really get along. By wearing a uniform people hopefully wont feel the need to join one of the groups and get picked on by the others for it. Hair cuts are just part of the uniform.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I've started growing mine, I was always afraid to grow it because of what other people would have said to me changing it, but seeing as I've started college now with people I don't know, they can't judge me :) .

but yeah I agree with the above, If it's well kept and it looks clean, then it's fine.

That's pretty much the same as my hair is.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

I have more two questions:

If you say dont wash your hair everyday, how can you keep it dry in the shower?

And do you have any tips on drying long hair?

You don't need to keep it dry, just not put shampoo on it. If you were desperate, you could get a shower cap or something.

I dry with a towel. Extensively.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

You don't need to keep it dry, just not put shampoo on it. If you were desperate, you could get a shower cap or something.

Then how do you keep it healthy without using shampoo?

I find that after coming out of the shower and drying your hair, its wet underneath.

Don't put your head under the water!

Towel dry it, then before drying it (be that leaving it to dry naturally or using a drier) spray it with this awesome product:

miracle-hair-insurance-pic.gif

(Clicky piccy)

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

Erm, why the hell would you not want to wash your hair every day? Mine gets greasy and feels and looks nasty.

And for drying, I just towel it as best I can and then let it air dry a bit before brushing.

p2gq.jpg

Don't put your head under the water!

Towel dry it, then before drying it (be that leaving it to dry naturally or using a drier) spray it with this awesome product:

Do you have any tips on how to towel dry?

Then how do you keep it healthy without using shampoo?

I find that after coming out of the shower and drying your hair, its wet underneath.

You do need to wash it with shampoo occasionally, I think every other day is the best way to do it.

As for towel drying technique, I dry it at least three or four times. Shaking out the hair and working around it in different ways. It takes me a good five minutes to properly dry it.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Yes. Treat your hair as you would treat a woman - be gentle! Put your hair in a towel and gently squeeze it. If you rough it about too much you'll end up breaking it and having lots of flyaway bits and split ends.

As far as washing it goes, I wash and condition mine every other day and it remains shiny and swishy. Hair should not be washed every day - it strips your hair of all the natural oils, which in turn, depending on your hair type, either causes more oil to be produced - making your hair greasy, or leaves you with very dry hair.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

Yes. Treat your hair as you would treat a woman - be gentle! Put your hair in a towel and gently squeeze it. If you rough it about too much you'll end up breaking it and having lots of flyaway bits and split ends.

As far as washing it goes, I wash and condition mine every other day and it remains shiny and swishy. Hair should not be washed every day - it strips your hair of all the natural oils, which in turn, depending on your hair type, either causes more oil to be produced - making your hair greasy, or leaves you with very dry hair.

I swear, this Merc-Suzi switch is screwing me up way more than all the others combined, and I've got at least two copies running around right now.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I used to have pretty long hair myself; got rid of it though because it's just really annoying sometimes and took me forever to dry it.

I liked how it looked and thought it was cool but it's just to much work for me :-#

Vector1.png

Meh. Mine's not too long..just 5 inches (which goes just below my eyes)..in the back it goes a little past my collar. It's kind of bushy sometimes though :(

Meh. It looks how it looks I guess..if you like it, thanks..if you don't, then get over it and look somewhere else. >.>

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Erm, why the hell would you not want to wash your hair every day? Mine gets greasy and feels and looks nasty.

And for drying, I just towel it as best I can and then let it air dry a bit before brushing.

Washing hair everybody (even long hair) is unhealthy for the hair, as it dries it out like crazy. Every 2 days max is healthy I think.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Washing hair everybody (even long hair) is unhealthy for the hair, as it dries it out like crazy. Every 2 days max is healthy I think.

I wash mine every day, and it's fine. To the contrary, every morning when I get up my hair feels really nasty, so I wash it. It's pretty healthy for it, and never really frizzes unless it's humid outside, or I sweat a lot.

p2gq.jpg

It's odd, everyone always says to me that washing hair should be done every 2 days... I do it every day because I have to. If i dont, my hair gets all puffy and looks weird. Plus it feels alot softer then leaving it.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

It's odd, everyone always says to me that washing hair should be done every 2 days... I do it every day because I have to. If i dont, my hair gets all puffy and looks weird. Plus it feels alot softer then leaving it.

I wash mine everyday just because that's what I've done since I was little. And I don't care how healthy my hair is, as long as it looks good 8-)