Barrows Brothers max hit?

Roberthree

For each one at full health (I'm looking at you Dharok.) what is the max hit? I'm using the safe spot method to reduce cost and I need to keep my hp at double thier max hit +8 to account for the absolute worst case scenario.

Full Health Dharok is nothing. 20 at best. Are you Alching there or Barrowing?

I'm safe spotting in the crypts. At worst I'll take 2 hits from the brother and one from a skeleton, they miss alot though, but I don't want then to get lucky.

You shouldnt be looking at Dharok at max HP, because when he is 10% of hp left he can hit 59s. Thats the armors effect. And i'm not sure about rest.

Safe spots ftw.

well safespotting isn't recommended by me because of Ahrim and Karil. You can't safespot them! And buying all the prayerpots to kill them is not good for the amount of time you actually get an item..

Ok, you must not know about this method....

1) Enter barrows at full hp/prayer

2) Enter karil mound and kill with prayer (DDS makes quick work of him)

3) Kill Ahrim in similar fashion, whip ftw.. (This uses about 3 doses of ppot at worst)

4) Find the tunnel brother by fleeing after one attacks you

5) Enter the tunnels and run to the north-east corner

6) Open and close doors between your two favorite safespots

7) Safespot the 4 melee brothers, fire bolt/slayer dart is preferred.

8) get prize

Full Health Dharok is nothing. 20 at best. Are you Alching there or Barrowing?

I'm safe spotting in the crypts. At worst I'll take 2 hits from the brother and one from a skeleton, they miss alot though, but I don't want then to get lucky.

You shouldnt be looking at Dharok at max HP, because when he is 10% of hp left he can hit 59s. Thats the armors effect. And i'm not sure about rest.

Safe spots ftw.

don't forget the damage you'll receive from the tunnel monsters, those skellies hit often (with max 8)! Also, when looking for the tunnel barrows each round, you could receive damage from the brothers.

I highly suggest you use a more standard approach to barrowing, since that it is best with your stats.

phata_elise.png

No. P-pots eat up alot of money. I've used this method and I like it alot. It's cheap and effective. The skeletons miss alot and I only take 1 hit from each brother. A "standard approach" involves either someone very high leveled toughing it out or alot of money wasted on potions. I got my answer (20) so this thread can be closed.

No. P-pots eat up alot of money. I've used this method and I like it alot. It's cheap and effective.

Suit yourself, but remember that time is money.

Doing it faster means you get more rewards, and the value of those rewards more than pays for the cost of p pots and other enhancements.

I've done the math as part of my extensive new Barrows guide (see sig) and every time, the fastest methods also make the most money.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

No. P-pots eat up alot of money. I've used this method and I like it alot. It's cheap and effective. The skeletons miss alot and I only take 1 hit from each brother. A "standard approach" involves either someone very high leveled toughing it out or alot of money wasted on potions. I got my answer (20) so this thread can be closed.

Again, I'm not sure it's 20, but Dharok at full HP is about as weak as a Whip with 1 Strength...

Surely he can't be a risk unless he is low HP. THAT"S where you'll need to be careful! :anxious:

kingtut3.png

Again, I'm not sure it's 20, but Dharok at full HP is about as weak as a Whip with 1 Strength...

You're mistaken. He can hit well into the 20s and perhaps even over 30 at full health.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Ok, you must not know about this method....

4) Find the tunnel brother by fleeing after one attacks you

5) Enter the tunnels and run to the north-east corner

6) Open and close doors between your two favorite safespots

7) Safespot the 4 melee brothers, fire bolt/slayer dart is preferred.

8) If you get all 4 brothers at the same time by opening one door (very possible if doing a few runs), you'll get KOed before you can pot pray or run behind another door.

You can also try the ladder glitch if you insist on killing them in the tunnels. Idk if they fixed that or not.

errm.. i don't use any prayer pots, and i use slayer dart.. that is your best bet

You have 99 defense and many other high stats.

Yes I safe spot behind ladders..... can all 4 really spawn at once? :shock:

You're mistaken. He can hit well into the 20s and perhaps even over 30 at full health.

Yeah, you're right.

Verac hits 23s, and a Greataxe is more powerful. Expect 28s at worst. Expect 60s when low health.

28 28 28

kingtut3.png

I'm a mid-low level barrower and I never use prayer pots. Just bring monks or better, pray all the way through dharok and a bit of the way through karil, then if you still have anything left pray on verac for a second or two and use up most of the food that you're going to use. I hate verac so much...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Well they mainly max around 20-24. Dharok popped a 33 on me after I hit an 11 on him while safespotting in the tunnel once. Here's what I think you should do:

1.)Get defence up to 70+ at least.

2.)Get 55 slayer while training defence.

3.)It would be helpful to get your prayer and ranged up.(prayer so you can pray on dharok and karil using at the most 1 dose of p pot, and ranged so you can wear good d hide to protect from ahrim)

4.)55 construction so you can build a portal room with kharill portal and altar to get back to canifis quickly.

5.) Do the quests you need to get the swamp boat. saves loads of time and food.

Wear this: mystic/ahrims full, slayers staff, prayer book, glory, ring of life, and arrows(preferably rune). In your invy have: armour(rune at least), a melee weapon, your highest d hide you can wear, magic short bow, runes for slayer dart, 1 prayer pot, a house tab, and the rest food(lobsters or monks).

Basically pray on dharok and karil, and if you have some left use it on ahrim. range ahrim using msb. then go to verac and mage him with armour on. keep armour on while maging torag and guthans using no prayers. eat when low on health. if you have a melee brother as your tunnel safespot him using a ladder or rocks. if you have ahrim, just range like normal. if you have karil, you might wanna sip a dose or two of that p pot and kill quickly. then get your kill count to what you like and open chest, tele home, recharge prayer, use portal to canifis and start again.

i wrote a short guide :XD:

soldersig.jpg

1.)Get defence up to 70+ at least.

Yea, when I start doing this as my main source of income I'll use torags instead of rune.

2.Get 55 slayer while training defence.

If you insist.... I think Fire Bolt with guantlets is better because it only uses 1 chaos but everyone loves Slayer Dart.

3.)It would be helpful to get your prayer and ranged up.(prayer so you can pray on dharok and karil using at the most 1 dose of p pot, and ranged so you can wear good d hide to protect from ahrim)

Will red dhide be okay? I hate training range...

4.)55 construction so you can build a portal room with kharill portal and altar to get back to canifis quickly.

Already did =P Tea and Crystal Saw rules.

5.) Do the quests you need to get the swamp boat. saves loads of time and food.

Will do.

8) If you get all 4 brothers at the same time by opening one door (very possible if doing a few runs), you'll get KOed before you can pot pray or run behind another door.

You can also try the ladder glitch if you insist on killing them in the tunnels. Idk if they fixed that or not.

I don't think the ladder "glitch" has been fixed yet. I also don't think you can spawn more than 1 brother at once, because in general one creature spawns per door.

nh.jpg

For each one at full health (I'm looking at you Dharok.) what is the max hit? I'm using the safe spot method to reduce cost and I need to keep my hp at double thier max hit +8 to account for the absolute worst case scenario.

Dharok full hp ~34(and yes, he hitted it twice on me when i was trying to double spawn him. Skeleton then hitted a 8 and ring of life teled me :roll: )

verac 23

Guthan and torag 24

Ahrim and karil 20

Edit: Found this somewhere 115dharokthewretchedyy9.png