RuneScape Customer Support - Has it improved?

The Observer

It's hit and miss, it really is.

It all depends on the type of response, I feel. When I had account issues, they were prompt and very helpful. However, when some of my clanmates got banned for spamming in the wilderness, Runescape was slow and unwilling to respond. In that case, my friends received a LOT of automated responses back.

I'll tell you what I have noticed on the rise though, and it isn't customer support. It's wrongful blackmarks/bannings that the customer service people are VERY unwilling to touch into. And they are probably the most hush-hushed group of people.

hzvjpwS.gif

Seems to me that to really determine how response has improved (or not), we should separate queries sent in to:

1) Ban appeals

2) Customer support

since they are handled by different (although related) teams.

Impressions from above is that Customer support has improved, and more often gets a personal response. Ban appeals don't appear to have changed much and you generally get an automated response.

And I thought f2p couldn't even send in customer support queries ... maybe I should start listing the macroers I see and sending in all those names.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I'll tell you what I have noticed on the rise though, and it isn't customer support. It's wrongful blackmarks/bannings that the customer service people...

Thank you. My friend was borrowing his friends ranger set as he got 20 def. He had 50m or so, 99 mage cape and 99 fm banked--in magic logs. Next day, banned for rl item trading, perm. Last chance denied for something he never did. No evidence.

I'll say more tomorrow when I'm not posting on PSP.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

When my friend lost her pw and the recovery didn't work, I told her to send in a query and voila! After 10 minutes she got her answer and the how-to for her new pw \'

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I sent in a complaint on one of those flashy adds that shake and glow, and I got this as a reply...

92aa7b2882.jpg

Thats pretty nice.. Ive never gotten anything but automated replies before, and I've been playing for 3 years.

That reply actually is a automessage... I've seen close near the same several times...

advertlolhm7.png

But indeed, the first time I saw it I also thougt it was a personal message. :wink: :)

I sent in a complaint on one of those flashy adds that shake and glow, and I got this as a reply...

92aa7b2882.jpg

Thats pretty nice.. Ive never gotten anything but automated replies before, and I've been playing for 3 years.

That reply actually is a automessage... I've seen close near the same several times...

advertlolhm7.png

But indeed, the first time I saw it I also thougt it was a personal message. :wink: :)

From Mod Al. :o He usually bans bots..

Anyway, they have pre-typed responses. Pre-typed responses are a lot different from automated responses.

j0xPu5R.png

If you're f2p then i'm guessing you're not going to get a reply for obvious reasons but if you do then that means they're getting much better. I don't see why you'd need a personal response to a ban appeal. Either you did the offence or you didn't do the offence.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing