ULTIMATE Monster hunting guide - Mithril dragons ��â�š���©

Cinderovo

Monster Hunting - Mithril Dragons

-Introduction

-Methods

-Caution

-Rewards

-Extras

These dragons are located in an area of HIGH RISK, do NOT attempt it without the right knowledge.

INTRODUCTION:

The mithril dragon is a lvl 304 creature with an immense amount of defence. It uses all 3 attack styles, unlike his cousins (bronze, iron and steel) and is weak to crush attacks. Its max hit is 18 for both mage, range and 28 for melee. Note that mithril dragons are also immune to poison. They are located in a cave which requires the completion of the "barbarian training" minigame, which can be started by talking to Otto Godblessed, his hut is near the top of Baxtorian Falls, on the west side.

ottoshut2.jpg

METHODS:

When killing mithril dragons, you can choose between mage, range and melee. Its suggested that you only use melee if your atleast 90 in all melee stats. Each trip, depending on your method and skill level, can get you anywhere from 3 to 7 kills. Pictures below show the equipment I use, if u cant or dont want to use the same stuff, simply copy the armour type with something cheaper:

Melee Method: Since you are in close combat, the dragon wont use its range attacks on you, leaving melee and mage. This is why you use the best mage protection and melee prayer protection. Always remeber to bring a antifire shield or a dragonfire shield.

Updatedmithdragmeleeequip.jpg

Range Method: Since you arent in close combat, the dragon will resort to range and mage, leaving out melee. He seems to use range more so its advised you use range prayer protection and the best mage armour. You will also need to wield your antifire shield so you MUST use a crossbow. Dont use mithril bolts because the dragons are made out of it, meaning: they have even more defence against it. For the best results use addy+ bolts and have atleast 85 range.

Updatedmithdragrangeequip.jpg

Mage Method: Works with the same concept of the ranging method: Best mage protection WITH mage attack (ahrims), range prayer protection and you use fire spells or slayer dart, in my case: Fire wave. You may also use bolt spells and the magic guantlets.

Updatedmithdragmageequip.jpg

CAUTION:

You must be carful in this cave, ALL monsters there are 100+ and hit fairly hard (if unprepared). Your worst enemy here is LAG. If you dont want to take any big chances, always put item protect on while fighting these things.

To get to Mithril dragons, I have set 3 routes:

Route A (yellow): East Ardougne - Ancient caves

Route B (pink): Fishing guild - Ancient caves

Route C (orange): Barbarian Assault - Ancient caves (games necklace)

Routes.jpg

The cave entrance is a whirlpool (which you jump in from the docks)

Whirlpool.jpg

Once inside you will be located in a small room (marked in a red circle) where nothing will attack you. Here you will pot your supers, antifire, sara brews and put your prayer on MAGE. Once done, you will go down the staires, run past the brutal green dragons and climb the stairs located to the southeast (marked in a orange circle). Once upstairs set your prayer to MELEE and fight, (the complete route is marked in pink).

ancientcaves.jpg

(copied off tip.it)

REWARDS:

Mithril dragons are the ONLY monsters in Runescape that drop the dragon full helm, apart from getting it as a drop itself, you can also obtain CHEWED bones (which is only dropped by mithril dragons), when pyred, the spirit you released always drops an item in your backpack, one of them might be a dragon full helm.

Dragonfullhelm.jpg

Its WAS the best non-breakable helm in the game. Jagex nerfed its stats not to long ago since it was better then 3rd age helm. The reason why they did that was because 3rd age requires 65 def, while dragon only 60.

Drops:

-RARE

-UNCOMMON

-COMMON

Gold: 600-3000

100%: Dragon bones, Mithril bar(3)

Weapon: Rune dart(p)(14), Adamant dart(p)(20), Rune battleaxe, Rune spear, Dragon spear, Rune javelin(8), Rune mace, Rune knife, Rune 2h sword, Adamant javelin(20)

Armour: Rune med helm, Rune kiteshield, Rune full helm, Dragon med helm, Dragon full helm

Runes/Arrows: Blood(27), Soul(10), Nature(67), Rune(8,42), Runite bolts(10-21), Law(45)

Misc: Draconic visage, Super attack mix(2-dose), Super strength mix(2-dose), Super defence mix(2-dose), Prayer mix(2-dose), Shark(1,6), Uncut gems, Runite bar(1,2), Chewed bones, Ancient page*, Clue scroll(lvl 3), Half key, Shield left half(dragon) , Silver ore(100 noted), Nature talisman

Seeds: - none

(copied off tip.it)

EXTRAS:

There is currently a mithril door (west side of the mithril dragons lair), which we have no access to at the moment. Although the ancient pages give big clues about it, only time will tell.

If you dont want to bring sara brews, you dont need to.

One trip may take anywhere from 30min to 1 hour. It all depends on your attack style (mage, range or melee)

I wouldnt suggest meleeing them unless you have 95+ melee stats

NEVER use mithril bolts while ranging them, they have very high defence against them.

To be able to access the dungeon, you DONT need to complete all of Otto's tasks, only the firemaking one. But if you are already there, it would be nice to have them all done.

There is a "trick" that will grant you the ability to bring one extra item along. Use games ammy to port to Barb assault place. Use glory or something else to port back to a bank. Withdrawl sharks. Use game ammy to go back to the barb assaul place, deposit ammy, and pick up shark. It dissappears in about 30- 1 min so you should have time. The item does not need to be a shark.

Combat Pictures:

hit55onmithdrag.jpg

Happy Killing!

- This guide is still potentially under construction -

Nice guide, very helpful and descriptive.Too bad im too much of a noob on both of my accounts...

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

VERY nice 9/10

YOu actully DO NOT need to complete babrarian training, just firemaking part to acess the whirlpool.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

VERY nice 9/10

YOu actully DO NOT need to complete babrarian training, just firemaking part to acess the whirlpool.

I've heard this, but doing the whole thing is still worth the time and if you are doing it already, why not finish it :thumbsup:

Very nice guide, although i have a question: Ain't it quite dangerous trying to hally spec them? You know.. Two handed = no Antifire shield :ohnoes:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Very nice guide, although i have a question: Ain't it quite dangerous trying to hally spec them? You know.. Two handed = no Antifire shield :ohnoes:

Oh ye, your right, sorry about that. :wall:

Actully, I just safespot them for the moment.

BTW, minor spelling mistake:

...when pyred, the spirit you released always drops an item in your backup...

I believe its "backpack"

BTW, if you want 1 extra shark, do this:

Use game ammy to port to Barb assault place. Use glory or soemthing else to port back to a bank. Withdrawl sharks. Use game ammy to go back to the barb assaul place, deposit ammy, and pick up shark. It dissappears in about 30- 1 min so you should have time.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Oh ye, your right, sorry about that. :wall:

Actully, I just safespot them for the moment.

BTW, minor spelling mistake:

...when pyred, the spirit you released always drops an item in your backup...

I believe its "backpack"

BTW, if you want 1 extra shark, do this:

Use game ammy to port to Barb assault place. Use glory or soemthing else to port back to a bank. Withdrawl sharks. Use game ammy to go back to the barb assaul place, deposit ammy, and pick up shark. It dissappears in about 30- 1 min so you should have time.

I didnt know there was a safespot, well, there was, but Jagex took it away. Mind sharing the info? Pm me? :-k

Thanks for the shark tip, ill add it.

ur rigth on tose mith bolts, didnt knew it when i was there, so i wasted loads of mith bolts =(

i didnt knew there blood contains super anti poisen, so there goes my emerald bols :XD:

nice guide, going up there again some day... with addy bolts... yeah addy

duncan222223

no spaces, 5-2's. its my tanker, kinda quitted main :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice guide, thank you.

But I have a question. Is mageing good method? Or ranging them is much better? Because I am quite interested in them :) .

And how rare is dragon full helm drop? 1/100? 1/1500? 1/10 000?

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice guide, thank you.

But I have a question. Is mageing good method? Or ranging them is much better? Because I am quite interested in them :) .

And how rare is dragon full helm drop? 1/100? 1/1500? 1/10 000?

Thank You.

I would suggest you mage them, unless you have 99 range because they have massive defence, thats why it usually take 3 - 5min to take one down (and thats with melee).

Im not sure what the drop rate is, but I would say its about 1 in 500, it doesnt seem much but every trip takes about 30min and you kill around 5. So it seems like you killed thousands when really you killed a few hundred. But dont give up!

Happy hunting-

Trust me, give up.

I've killed well over 1,500. Over 1,600 now. Nothing, just noob drops. Nothing... Just a waste of about 5m in supplies.

I wouldn't even try them, just give up.

Anyways 8/10 for the guide, it's pretty good.

Lord_Malace1.png

Trust me, give up.

I've killed well over 1,500. Over 1,600 now. Nothing, just noob drops. Nothing... Just a waste of about 5m in supplies.

I wouldn't even try them, just give up.

Anyways 8/10 for the guide, it's pretty good.

If you spent 5mil in supplies you killed about 500. People tend to think they killed more just because they take a long while to kill. Imagine, it takes an average of 3min to kill 1 dragon for a level 120+ and a total of about 35min for every trip. Its the same case of those threads that had people claiming they killed 1000 on the first day of their release.

Never give up, eventually you will get a drop and going at 50mil each, spending a large amount of money on supplies will still get you a very large profit.

--

Harrington, ill see what I can do.

--

wachtwoord, my guide might not be as complex as the one you gave, but it has all the necessary information you need.

Great guide I killed some on my other account that has 99 range. Hit a 50 on them with ruby bolts :)! but >.> diamond bolts you hit way more often then ruby so its a hard choice.

How about you stop having a whine about RuneScape and buy some of my steel nails for 28gp ea in the grand exchange, maybe some oak planks, and a hammer, build a bridge and get over it?

• 6 months later...

Nice guide just one complaint though

Ranging mith dragons is much more effective if you stand right next to them with melee prayer on. When doing this the dragons do not range at all and their mage attack occurs far less often because of the fact that they will try and melee you as well and hit you with firebreath. I can get 15-20 kills a trip like this with a bunyip, ruby and diamond e bolts with 99 range.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

What would be better, diamond bolts enchanted or ruby?

I suggest you go with rubbies, cheaper. But honestly, they both dont have much difference.

Have fun \'

ouch, bad advice....take both, use ruby(e) till the dragon has about 2/3 hp left then switch to diamond(e)

if you only use ruby(e) then you are wasting a lot of special attacks and hp.(remember taht ruby takes 20% of the opponants hp and 10% of yours)

2Xeo5.png