recent rants

m4tty

Skills = knowlege, theres no clearer way of saying it then that, if you havnt woodcut dont talk about woodcutting, if you have never fished dont brag to me about your fishing knowlege.

*looks at unranked highscores*

Willows for fastest xp, yews for more money but less xp.

Fly fishing at shilo for fastest xp, monks for slower but more profitable xp.

Good thing I have first hand knowledge eh?

Fly fishing isnt fastest xp, barbarian fishing is.

mahogany is better then yews for woodcutting xp and cash.

If you had lvled the skills you would know these things.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barbarian Fishing: While it maybe faster, it is a lot less convenient to bank/sell your fish. Arguably, with the store just steps away as opposed to dropping all 26 of the fish you catch at one time, Shilo could be seen as faster.

Mahogany is much better experience, and cashwise it can make a pretty penny. However, there's not nearly as much of a market for Mahogany as there is Yew, so it only makes sense to be cutting Yew.

If you had of spent some time outside of grinding these skills, you would know these things.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Barbarian Fishing: While it maybe faster, it is a lot less convenient to bank/sell your fish. Arguably, with the store just steps away as opposed to dropping all 26 of the fish you catch at one time, Shilo could be seen as faster.

Mahogany is much better experience, and cashwise it can make a pretty penny. However, there's not nearly as much of a market for Mahogany as there is Yew, so it only makes sense to be cutting Yew.

If you had of spent some time outside of grinding these skills, you would know these things.

Its not argueable at all, barbarian fishing is much better, the time you save getting to 99 can easily be used to make more money on another skill then you would have got from fly fishing or monks.

And mahogany sells easy, if your selling yews your competing with one hundred thousand autoers all selling 10-200k yews at a low price.

Faster xp and a market not clogged with autoers? theres no competition.

Brag?BRAG? Are you dam kidding me!If I wanted to brag about something it'd be how many videogames i damn own!And yes...all those "skillz" you said involved clicking.I never said "clicking and waiting" I just said clicking.And compared to shooters and most stradegy games, it does take less skill.In shooting games you have to dodge, jump, throw, and move in so many dam ways and have the reflexes of some kind of tiger.In stradegy games you have to balance out your squads, outmanuver and outsmart the enemy, and generally just have more knowledge of getting rid of the 3 armies heading your direction without being slaughtered.

My god thats all mmorpg's are these days.Need to mine?click!need to kill?click!need to "pick food at the correct time".Click!Need to balance out the items your wearing to get the best out of your weps?click to equip!If i knew this would go into some friggen argument i would've just not have spoken. :evil:

I wonder when the elitist's will stop following me o_o.If i make one comment, even a small one, about how it doesn't take skill to play mmorpg's, I'm swarmed in a corner...and the reason I'm not on the high score charts is because I don't level to often.I have other passions as well, unlike you people(people getting ticked at me) who spend their entire day playing this.

If you want to see if my theory is true, that some types of game take more skill than others, I dare you to go to a Cyberathletes tournament (I didn't believe they had one either) and see how long you'd last.There's a special reason they don't have roleplaying games on there.

My.God. -.-

It DOES take skill to play this game, just like it takes skill to play other internet games with nothing going on exept, as you said, CLICKING.

Need to mine some ore? get a pickaxe and click.

Need to kill the KBD? Get some SkillZ and levels.

---

Need to move that queen into position to get slaughtered by a possible 3 enemy units? Click.

Need to destroy your opponent in 10 moves? Get some SkillZ!!!!

newsigac5.png

I wonder when the elitist's will stop following me o_o.If i make one comment, even a small one, about how it doesn't take skill to play mmorpg's, I'm swarmed in a corner...and the reason I'm not on the high score charts is because I don't level to often.I have other passions as well, unlike you people(people getting ticked at me) who spend their entire day playing this.

If you want to see if my theory is true, that some types of game take more skill than others, I dare you to go to a Cyberathletes tournament (I didn't believe they had one either) and see how long you'd last.There's a special reason they don't have roleplaying games on there.

My.God. -.-

I was a ladder player in cs, i was a ladder player in starcraft (rank 71 on us east in 2001).

I was rank 9 on the quake 2 ladder back when it came out.

I play quake wars, i play sof2, i play farcry..

Runescape pvp takes just as much skill if not more then an fps or a strategy.

Your "dodging" is food and prayer.

Your "aiming" is re attacking.

Your "strategy" is knowing the lay of the land, when to spec, when to eat, when to run, when to entangle, when to teleblock ect.

Diablo 2 is an rpg and it takes just as much skill if not more then any fps i have ever played.

Now see you havnt experienced rs pvp at its fullest extent so your talking based on what you have read, not what you have experienced, this is why you fail.

[...]

I have other passions as well, unlike you people(people getting ticked at me) who spend their entire day playing this.

If you want to see if my theory is true, that some types of game take more skill than others, I dare you to go to a Cyberathletes tournament (I didn't believe they had one either) and see how long you'd last.

[...]

And that is why I can't help but feel that you are something of a very bored troll.

And for that matter, I have not played the game in months, nor will I play the game seriously ever again*, so you fail on both regards. Yes, this game takes little skill and brainpower (outside of pvp)- that's part of the reason I don't play anymore. But don't come to this forum making 50 posts a day about bashing the game this forum is about, as well as players in general, when you don't have a single level on the highscores whilst stating that you've played for over three years. That's suspicious, to say the least.

*[insert predictable "HAH! Like he thinks he's quit for good" thought.]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

[...]

I have other passions as well, unlike you people(people getting ticked at me) who spend their entire day playing this.

If you want to see if my theory is true, that some types of game take more skill than others, I dare you to go to a Cyberathletes tournament (I didn't believe they had one either) and see how long you'd last.

[...]

And that is why I can't help but feel that you are something of a very bored troll.

And for that matter, I have not played the game in months, nor will I play the game seriously ever again*, so you fail on both regards. Yes, this game takes little skill and brainpower (outside of pvp)- that's part of the reason I don't play anymore. But don't come to this forum making 50 posts a day about bashing the game this forum is about, as well as players in general, when you don't have a single level on the highscores whilst stating that you've played for over three years. That's suspicious, to say the least.

*[insert predictable "HAH! Like he thinks he's quit for good" thought.]

I have not logged into rs in 3 weeks and i work 12 hours a day 5 days a week, i am certainly a no lifer in the fact that i get 2 days of free time a week to myself, but this game is certainly not the cause.

Alas, the yo-yo is my only proof of playing for 3 years.I don't play this game to seriously either.And what's with all the posts?Well,I've never posted on this forum before so...decided to.And I like ranting.Lots of it to, I can go on for hours.And if I'm insulting a specific user, that's because he has insulted me.And maybe stradegy games are like rpg's, but shooting games ...hard as hell.Especially online.

Alas, the yo-yo is my only proof of playing for 3 years.I don't play this game to seriously either.And what's with all the posts?Well,I've never posted on this forum before so...decided to.And I like ranting.Lots of it to, I can go on for hours.And if I'm insulting a specific user, that's because he has insulted me.And maybe stradegy games are like rpg's, but shooting games ...hard as hell.Especially online.
Shooting games are easier then high lvl rs pking.

My god.Above poster....have you played Unreal tournament in a league?Jesus Christ that's one of the most uniformed answers I've ever seen :shock: .If you played that game against those competitors for 5 minutes, you would most likely lose.Part of your "skill" in this game involves having higher stats than someone else, having better armor than them, and knowing the correct ways to click.In Unreal tournament it involves reflexes,aim, and a lot of dodging skill to get on top.There are no stats.Just skill.Look up that Unreal tournament 2.Be afraid.

My god.Above poster....have you played Unreal tournament in a league?Jesus Christ that's one of the most uniformed answers I've ever seen :shock: .If you played that game against those competitors for 5 minutes, you would most likely lose.Part of your "skill" in this game involves having higher stats than someone else, having better armor than them, and knowing the correct ways to click.In Unreal tournament it involves reflexes,aim, and a lot of dodging skill to get on top.There are no stats.Just skill.Look up that Unreal tournament 2.Be afraid.
Yes i have played unreal tournament in a league, and as i said i was one of the highest ranked quake 2 players in the world when i had time to play games often.

Runescape takes more skill, your a lvl 40 you have no idea what kind of reflexes it takes to pk when the max hit gets up into the 70's.

Try eating up from a 60+ hit whilst repotting, keeping an eye on prayer and trying to kill your opponant all at the same time..

You have no idea what your talking about.

Unreal Tournament.. Isn't that the game that involves a lot of spraying and jumping around?

i was abit angry when i made this but cba to edit out the bits which looking back are abit to harsh :oops: lol at how the only people defending the idiots with almost no ranked stats who claim to know everything about the game, are people with no ranked stats... and i dont really mind if people go on a suicide misson trying to do stuff for basically 105+ only at level 70, it just annoys me though if they ignore when high levels (correctly) say they are dumb for trying, and they flame the high levels/rant about the high levels on here without realising how ANNOYING they are, or even worse, goto the guide they wrote and write WRONG information which is based off what they saw in the 10 seconds before they died. funny how one of the main "flames" is "stfu noob high level, i read a guide!!" even though they usually ignore the "recommended levels" and "recommended equipment" sections...

Is that dizzle229's skillz?

And how do you the person doesn't have a 126 main?

Stop being so judgmental.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

oh yea someone with a 126 main would really make posts about "high levels being ". them stats where jsut an example i blocked out the name etc for a reason. people with basically no stats ranked who come on here just to stir up arguments without having a clue what its about/make stupid rants about how they think they are better than peope who have played along time have plauged tip.it for ages.

Nice 5-stats ranked, ROFL @ all the people against me are mostly low levels.

oh yea someone with a 126 main would really make posts about "high levels being ". them stats where jsut an example i blocked out the name etc for a reason. people with basically no stats ranked who come on here just to stir up arguments without having a clue what its about/make stupid rants about how they think they are better than peope who have played along time have plauged tip.it for ages.

Nice 5-stats ranked.

I'm not talking about the ones who were dissing high levels. I meant that *OTHER* low levels could have 126 mains. And how do you know they think they're better? Did they say so? I don't recall.

And thanks for my 5-stats ranked.

And if you didn't notice, I'm a pure.

I hardly ever train but you can check my two "mains": Ultmte Dem0n/Kramer 100.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Nice 5-stats ranked.

I'm not talking about the ones who were dissing high levels. I meant that *OTHER* low levels could have 126 mains. And how do you know they think they're better? Did they say so? I don't recall.

And thanks for my 5-stats ranked.

And if you didn't notice, I'm a pure.

I hardly ever train but you can check my two "mains": Ultmte Dem0n/Kramer 100.

last time i checked "low levels can know more about the game than high levels" is saying basically "low levels can sometimes be BETTER at the game than high levels". noone with a 126 main would be dumb enough to do high level stuff on a low level...

wow a level 89 and 86 with one having unranked skill total and the other having 1156 skill total with 7m total xp... HARDLY a high level... i have double 1 of your mains total xp, in every single one of my combat stats...

i think i found the solution to every other rant in this forum?:

Make every single activity in the game do-able by low levels! atm low levels can do 9/10 updates/activities but they still seem to want to try and do the 1/10 which they cant do even with their guide which makes them think they are special and they know more about the people who can actually do it, so lets make everything in the game doable by low levels! would solve it all! no more having to rant about 2-week old accounts not being able to do updates designed for high levels!