recent rants

m4tty

well recently every other rant seems to consist of:

i was doing and i then a high level whos level was <80-100> called me a so i think

then they get about 5 replies of "yeah, all high levels are noobs". and i usually then lookup the people who posted's stats and its usually something similar to this:

stats1lk8.png

how can ANYONE with basically 2 weeks worth of xp say they know more about rs/know what the "high levels" feel/how long levels take/how things are done etc? then when someone who is a high level on rs posts how THEY feel in the situation posted about, all they get is a torrent of abuse usually consisting of "omg you spammer"/ "omg you should be banned off tip.it" / "omg u are a dumb nolife too". guess what, you arent the only person on rs, you arent always the "One in the right with everything", so quit harrassing/flaming people who have ACTUAL EXPERIENCE of the game, and theres NO SUCH THING as having almost no experience in stats but having alot of game experience. also, GET OVER people calling you a "Noob"! it is a competitive game by nature, its not suprising some people will "insult" people, just ignore them.

report this post if you want, i dont care if it gets deleted for speaking the truth.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with you and thinking stats=knowledge? I've seen level 100+ pc products that can't even figure out where yanille is. You can't look at the high scores page and automatically know how much that person knows about the game. Seriously, there's no level requirement to use tip.it.

Its called an alt/pure/person got banned and started anew

or maybe its a noob who knows?

Or maybe its that dude whos name rhymes with shizzle...

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

The only "truth" that I can find here in this post is that it almost mirrors the recent rants that you so passionately hate. Everything else is a flaming lie.

It's been said enough times to make a sports announcer hoarse: levels do not under any circumstance indicate intelligence or knowledge of the game. Fansites with tons of information and player feedback are a dime a dozen. The Knowledge Base has information about most everything, and if there's a gap there, a fansite most certainly has the answer. It isn't hard for someone to spend a few hours reading up on the site(s) and getting enough information. They may have not had the experience of doing it themselves, but at least they are aware.

It only takes a day to get "actual experience" of the game. This experience comes not in the form of grinding out twenty-three or more skills, but dealing with most kinds of players you'll run into. If you believe that experience in certain skills is the only way to gain experience in this community or game, then my friend, you have a very limited perception of the community.

Take a walk outside; you could use the fresh air. Sure is stuffy just getting aggravated with all of these "useless" posts, eh?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's been said enough times to make a sports announcer hoarse: levels do not under any circumstance indicate intelligence or knowledge of the game.

What a stupid post, Take some one with a 2100+ skill total like s1acker or zezima, then take 100,000 people with a skill total under 500, try find one of those 100,000 people who has more in game knowlege then the higher lvl..

Saying that skill total does not indicate game knowlege is [developmentally delayed]ED.

Lvls = game experience, game experience is gained through playing the game, whilst playing the game you pick up knowlege.

Sure you can read the kb all day every day, that doesnt mean your going to be able to solo gwd at lvl 70 or go get a fire cape first try.

Sick of all this [cabbage] saying lvls mean nothing, as much as you pollitically correct wannabies would like to think otherwise LVLS DO INDICATE GAME KNOWLEGE.

And it takes a certain ammount of intelligence to be able to properly plan and map out your skills to max them all out in the fastest most efficient ways possible.

Just try and say otherwise..

Above poster...I'm a lvl 49 F2P and I still know more than lvl 99 members!You know why?I've been playing for 3 years, and my lvl 49 is my only character!So if what your saying is true ,that "higher lvls means more knowledge of the game" then it's the dam opposite in my position. :evil:

It's been said enough times to make a sports announcer hoarse: levels do not under any circumstance indicate intelligence or knowledge of the game.

What a stupid post, Take some one with a 2100+ skill total like s1acker or zezima, then take 100,000 people with a skill total under 500, try find one of those 100,000 people who has more in game knowlege then the higher lvl..

Saying that skill total does not indicate game knowlege is [developmentally delayed].

Lvls = game experience, game experience is gained through playing the game, whilst playing the game you pick up knowlege.

Sure you can read the kb all day every day, that doesnt mean your going to be able to solo gwd at lvl 70 or go get a fire cape first try.

Sick of all this [cabbage] saying lvls mean nothing, as much as you pollitically correct wannabies would like to think otherwise LVLS DO INDICATE GAME KNOWLEGE.

And it takes a certain ammount of intelligence to be able to properly plan and map out your skills to max them all out in the fastest most efficient ways possible.

It depends:

Jack and Jill both have 99 fishing.

Jack trained from level 1 to 99 just fishing shrimp,

Jill scaled her training methods with her levels, eventually fishing monkfish and sharks towards the 99 level limit.

Which one of them has more game knowledge?

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Saying that skill total does not indicate game knowlege is [developmentally delayed].

It depends:

Jill scaled her training methods with her levels, eventually fishing monkfish and sharks towards the 99 level limit.

:uhh: hmmm... Jack? :XD:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

It depends:

You will find the higher lvl player will be the one who used the most effective xp for his lvl and scaled up, hence why he is the high lvl, not the lvl 50.

Then comes in the age old question: what if the lvl 50's account mixed in a lot of different skills, not just focusing on one?And what if, like me, he just lvled up his cooking, fishing, mining,smelting, etc. when he got bored of fighting?So it says he's lvl 50, but in truth he may have more mining,cooking,smelting etc. than you, and may have played longer.

Then comes in the age old question: what if the lvl 50's account mixed in a lot of different skills, not just focusing on one?And what if, like me, he just lvled up his cooking, fishing, mining,smelting, etc. when he got bored of fighting?So it says he's lvl 50, but in truth he may have more mining,cooking,smelting etc. than you, and may have played longer.
I said skill total.

And almost no ones played longer then me consistantly, id say about 400 people :|

I do have first hand experience, and some in members from playing a friends account for a bit.And I added a "may* in the "though I may know more about this game than you" so I never said I did.Though, I also never said I didn't :XD: .It all really comes from personal oppinion.See, your not going to say you don't know more than me right?That's because you feel highly of yourself.So do I, so even if you know more than me I'm not going to admit it.Though you don't have proof of that as of yet so... 8-)

I do have first hand experience, and some in members from playing a friends account for a bit.And I added a "may* in the "though I may know more about this game than you" so I never said I did.Though, I also never said I didn't :XD: .It all really comes from personal oppinion.See, your not going to say you don't know more than me right?That's because you feel highly of yourself.So do I, so even if you know more than me I'm not going to admit it.Though you don't have proof of that as of yet so... 8-)
Would 2k+ tip it posts, a lvl 121 character with a 1921 skill total and a join date for tip it the day after lightning made it public be proof enough? :?

A lot of low lvl noobs claim to know heaps about the game but they dont seem to realise, reading about something isnt experience, you can read about fight caves till you know everything there is to know about it and still not be able to complete them.

You can read every article ever made on pking and still never be a good pker.

You can read about smithing to your hearts content but if you dont have the willpower to lvl it you have gained nothing.

Pking takes skill?I thought you just clicked on someone and they went "Boom".Anyone who says Mmorpg's take skill isn't being completly honest.It involves a lot of clicking.That's it.And good for you, you've been playing since who knows when.Me?December 2004.You been playing since Rsc?Cool.Would it make you feel better if I just knodded my head up and down? -.-

I find it a bit funny that the two people saying levels=knowledge are m4tty and 123Yourgone lol.

But seriously, if you keep telling me I need firsthand experience don't call me a noob when I try to do it at a lower-than-normal level.

Pking takes skill?I thought you just clicked on someone and they went "Boom".Anyone who says Mmorpg's take skill isn't being completly honest.It involves a lot of clicking.That's it.And good for you, you've been playing since who knows when.Me?December 2004.You been playing since Rsc?Cool.Would it make you feel better if I just knodded my head up and down? -.-
You brag about all this rs knowlege then show that your clueless within minutes..

Heres some of the things you have to do pking..

Eat at the right times so you dont lose an attack round get tagged or koed.

Drink pots at the right times to avoid losing an attack round get tagged or get koed.

Wear the right gear hybriding to get the maximum performance out of both attack styles you are using: Eg your teleblocks dont splash and your specs dont hit low.

Know when to spec and when to wait, if you dont click at the right time you lose an opportunity to ko, or you can even lose the fight altogether, you have to balance it out so that you take enough risk to get a ko, but not enough to get koed, and believe me its a very fine line.

You also have to know when to run and what obsticles are of use eg: Trees rocks and monsters.

You have to know when to switch attack styles, when to drink a prayer pot to keep prot item and whatever offensive prayers your using up.

You need to know whos arround you at all times and be aware if you have a potential pjer nearby.

You need to be able to range far casters and switch to melee every time the spell breaks and effectivally prayer switch at the same time..

Yeah pking is just click and wait right? your the pking expert here.. =D>

You need to know when to switch to a ko weapon and when to just stay with your main weapon.

You need to know which food to take, which pots to take and which gear to take.

You need to have a good knowlege of other players gear and techniques so you know how to beat them.

You need to know the wilderness arround you well enough to know your best escape route.

Id feel better if you admitted you were wrong and just shut up about stuff you know nothing about, and for the record i started when castle domain first advertised runescape so id say january or february 2001, i came over with a few the clan members i knew back then.

And robert why do you find it ironic that i think higher skill in the game means more experience?, care to elaborate?.

I do find it a little strange how these lower levels who claim to have a lot of experience from reading guides ignore the recommended levels...

But hey, there's no reason to flame them, you know. If they want to go on a suicide mission to try something firsthand, let them. Yes RS is a competitive game, but how exactly are lower levels competing with you when they run into a situation that would put them in danger? If it seems at all funny to you, please, instead of making an [wagon] of yourself, laugh yourself sick in PMs, clan chat, or whatever.

And robert why do you find it ironic that i think higher skill in the game means more experience?, care to elaborate?.

Well, frankly you two have been very rude and closed-minded towards me and others in the past. So its hard to take much of what you two say seriously.

Pking is another thing, thats a human and is alot harder to predict than a boss monster. I suck at pking and I know it.

I do find it a little strange how these lower levels who claim to have a lot of experience from reading guides ignore the recommended levels...

Its called fun. Those levels are more for efficiency and profit. going once or twice just for kicks tends to have far-lower requirements.

Well, frankly you two have been very rude and closed-minded towards me and others in the past. So its hard to take much of what you two say seriously.

Pking is another thing, thats a human and is alot harder to predict than a boss monster. I suck at pking and I know it.

Im not close minded and i am only rude when im pushed to a point of which some ones ignorance has forced me to it.

Skills = knowlege, theres no clearer way of saying it then that, if you havnt woodcut dont talk about woodcutting, if you have never fished dont brag to me about your fishing knowlege.

Saying anything to the contrary is just stupid..

Read all the books in real life on surgery you want, im not going to let you operate on me.

Skills = knowlege, theres no clearer way of saying it then that, if you havnt woodcut dont talk about woodcutting, if you have never fished dont brag to me about your fishing knowlege.

*looks at unranked highscores*

Willows for fastest xp, yews for more money but less xp.

Fly fishing at shilo for fastest xp, monks for slower but more profitable xp.

Good thing I have first hand knowledge eh?

I thought you just clicked on someone and they went "Boom".

:lol:

Now, you want us to take you seriously why?

And for that matter, is the RSN in your profile your actual one, or do you have a reason for anyone not to laugh at your statements even more? The RSN shown has not one skill on the high scores, not a one. If that's actually your avatar, you're in no position to talk about skill levels, no, Runescape in general, at all.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.