At last, Justice has been served!

Hydraides

Find me one pro-Christianity thread where someone hasn't posted something insulting/offensive/against Christianity and I will take back everything I have said.

Red herring. This isn't relevant the this thread and the issues of this thread relating to your hypocrisy.

May not be relevant to this thread, but is relevant to the fact that tip.it has a underlying negative perception of Christians. Your not going to find anything with only pro-Christian comments. Nothing about how a church saves some young orphans and everyone says "Yay those Christiansare doing a good thing!" No, even if Chrstians solved world hunger, restored world peace and stopped global warming, people (including the majority of tip.it) would still persecute them and their beliefs.

You can't bring yoursef to see where you were in the wrong, can you? You can't bring yourself to say it. All you can rely on is a weak sheath of shifting focus to irrelevant points. This is irrelevant.

You stereotyped the whole tip it community with your narrow misconception before even properly reading the replies. You just assumed that they were all christian haters (including those that hate themselves #-o ) and in doing so you gave yourself a putrid stench of hypocricy when it was clear your accusations were misplaced. You were up in arms about people stereotyping all christians on the basis of the actions of the few yet you saw no problem in stereotyping all here, in this topic, as christian haters based on the actions of these baptists when it was merely one. That is the issue I brought to your attention yet which you continually brush aside. I come to you talking about chalk and you reply by talking about cheese.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I directly said "I realise not everybody here hates Christians, but the majority do." Did you miss that?

Also, I have tried to be careful to say "majority of..." I guess I slipped a few times in my hurriedly written posts.

It is not one person at all, because this off topic forum is filled with similar threads and posts. Which is why I assume nobody will take up my challenge.

Anyway, this argument is futile for both of us, I'm sure you will agree. No point in continuing when neither of us seems to understand each others point of view.

99Hunterbanner3.jpg

I directly said "I realise not everybody here hates Christians, but the majority do." Did you miss that?

Also, I have tried to be careful to say "majority of..." I guess I slipped a few times in my hurriedly written posts.

Anyway, this argument is futile for both of us, I'm sure you will agree.

You are still wrong and if that is a reference to outside topics, you are still irrelevant. It was clearly one person here who did as you accuse yet you woefully and hypocritically stereotyped most as being christian haters based on hating the actions of Phelps and his church, which is still a little detail you don't feel like admitting. "Sorry, what I said was hypocritical". Easy.

I was wrong about you feeling victimized, I'll admit it, because you're clearly not in the position to be victimized, not being a christian. You were hypocrticial in your original post, you were wrong in quote mining out of centext, you were wrong in assuming I am one of those you accuse in your original post and you continue to be wrong by erroneously accusing the majority of the posts here expressing hate for christianity based on the actions of Phelps and his church. If you want to cop out and say this argument is futile, go ahead.

haahaeu4.jpg

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Just a few:

Haha! in your face asshats! =D>

I laughed at the whole fact that the fine is worth more (or something close) than the defendants net worth. Stupid bastards should've thought about that before their picketing got out of control.

Their stunts have basically ruined them all for life now if it is true. Nothing like a bit of bankruptcy to destroy their credit ratings, and put them out on the street, with everything they hate =D>

it's about [bleep] time. those douchebags are lucky that no one close to me in the military has died yet. those idiots show up at a member of my family's funeral, for any reason, and not one of those bastards is going to leave alive. good luck picketing funerals when they're dead.

free speech my [wagon]. that's the biggest load of bull i've ever heard in my life. they're the ones going to hell, not the soldiers.

None of these mention hating only the minority of Christians. They're hating them all.

I realise its not everyone's view here, but it is the majority.

Also, threads like this are hypocritical. You lynch Christians for imposing their views on others, but thats exactly what you are doing when tell them to abandon their beliefs.

WRONG :notalk: . I never said I hate every christian. My dad is christian and I don't hate him either. So some of them are actually ok.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Doesn't sound like enough to me. They should tie them up in public and let every gay and solider in the state beat the crap out of them. Give them a real reason to hate them. ;)

logo.jpg

Any dropkick with 1/10th of a brain will know that I don't hate Christians, sure I don't give a [cabbage] about religion in anyway but that's about as far as it goes.

benfr, you quoted me saying I hate all Christians, if you can prove, without any doubt what so ever, that is exactly what I meant from my post, I'll start to follow religion. Until then, shut up.

Benfr... You say those who hate these people are just as bad as the people they hate.. And that they thus hate every christian. What logic does that make?

If a sect of a religion openly promotes hate and slander, they are a criminal group just like the KKK. They have no right to lay back on the premise of "freedom of speech".

There's a reason why there are things you can't legally say. You can't make a protest, gather 50 people and chant "Kill all jews, god hates them". Because there's always those few that will believe even the stupidest and most ignorant mantra's and mottos.

I can only imagine what the father of that marine feels like, when these asshats come to HIS SON'S FUNERAL with banderolls that read: "Thank God for the soldier's deaths"

I'm surprised mob justice hasn't yet sweeped over these low life scumbags. That's not "freedom of speech". Those signs and their chants are a clear insult and invitation to a fight.

I'm surprised mob justice hasn't yet sweeped over these low life scumbags.

It kinda has, but not to the extent to which they deserve.

Their was a video of them fleeing and everyone throwing rocks etc and broke their window in the car.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

=D> :lol: :lol:

This is exactly why I despise the majority of the U.S. christian community... The message basically is: God loves you. Unless you don't believe in our god. Or you're gay. Or you've had an abortion. Or you're liberal. Or you're not a member of the KKK. Or you're not a member of the NRA. Or you're against stealing oil and bombing random countries that we can't pronounce. [/Mild exaggeration] Mind you, I'm talking deep south for most of this...

Haha =D> I loved that post.

So they make a mistake, why the hell do you have to try outlaw Christianity?

That was more than a [bleep]ing mistake, that would have been on PURPOSE and PLANNED :evil: :evil:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Ok, well after a day of consideration I come back to apologise for what I have said.

Please realise that in no way did I think what they did was right - just the opposite, I'm as shocked as everyone else that they did it. Discrimination of any kind is not OK, but like I said before, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Just because their mistake was planned doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. It probably just exploded out of control.

Yesterday...well...yesterday I just kind of snapped, the last straw as they say. I clearly have read too many posts like these and been on tipitchat too much where people just seem to feel the same way as the author of this thread, and not enough pro-religious threads and conversations (havn't found any yet).

While its not everybody's belief, I think religion should be accepted without having to be discriminated against, and so the amount of it I've experienced on tip.it really surprises me, as from what I hear tip.it is meant to be a great community. I do realise, though, that I shouldn't just base my accusations on my own personal experience - perhaps I just click the wrong threads, and join the chat at the wrong times. I shouldn't assume that the majority of tip.it feels this way just because I havn't been proven otherwise as yet.

So yeah, I guess I didn't think. I saw the thread title and was unimpressed at what seemed to complete propaganda. I felt as if the author was saying that Christians are doing something wrong by having their belief, and they all deserve this same punishment (and I'm sure you can't disagree that the title is directed towards all Christians, not just this particular church), so, as I now see, I misinterpreted many of the comments.

I realise I'm probably just going o be criticised more, but at least my conscious is at peace now, so I'll probably try avoid this thread so I don't have to read the coments about me :? . I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I think I'll try start a pro-religious thread, even if I'm not religious, so I can finally experience a more positive attitude towards religion from the tip.it community which I am told does exist.

99Hunterbanner3.jpg

it's about [bleep] time. those douchebags are lucky that no one close to me in the military has died yet. those idiots show up at a member of my family's funeral, for any reason, and not one of those bastards is going to leave alive. good luck picketing funerals when they're dead.

free speech my [wagon]. that's the biggest load of bull i've ever heard in my life. they're the ones going to hell, not the soldiers.

ok I dont feel like reading trough 4 pages BUT form what I did read manny are saying its freedom of speach however there are limitations as in if it couses public disruption inciting another to crime exct exct for example you cant yell fire in a public place if there is not one but yes what they did do is illigal look at ktmcf's reaction hm?

cobradudewk6.jpg

Siggy and avatar by 4be2jue

Ok, well after a day of consideration I come back to apologise for what I have said.

Please realise that in no way did I think what they did was right - just the opposite, I'm as shocked as everyone else that they did it. Discrimination of any kind is not OK, but like I said before, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Just because their mistake was planned doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. It probably just exploded out of control.

Yesterday...well...yesterday I just kind of snapped, the last straw as they say. I clearly have read too many posts like these and been on tipitchat too much where people just seem to feel the same way as the author of this thread, and not enough pro-religious threads and conversations (havn't found any yet).

While its not everybody's belief, I think religion should be accepted without having to be discriminated against, and so the amount of it I've experienced on tip.it really surprises me, as from what I hear tip.it is meant to be a great community. I do realise, though, that I shouldn't just base my accusations on my own personal experience - perhaps I just click the wrong threads, and join the chat at the wrong times. I shouldn't assume that the majority of tip.it feels this way just because I havn't been proven otherwise as yet.

So yeah, I guess I didn't think. I saw the thread title and was unimpressed at what seemed to complete propaganda. I felt as if the author was saying that Christians are doing something wrong by having their belief, and they all deserve this same punishment (and I'm sure you can't disagree that the title is directed towards all Christians, not just this particular church), so, as I now see, I misinterpreted many of the comments.

I realise I'm probably just going o be criticised more, but at least my conscious is at peace now, so I'll probably try avoid this thread so I don't have to read the coments about me :? . I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I think I'll try start a pro-religious thread, even if I'm not religious, so I can finally experience a more positive attitude towards religion from the tip.it community.

Good to hear it. Keeping on arguing is just going to get boring, but dude, you've got to realise... the title... is most definately not directed at all christians. You have to think about this - do you look at a newspaper, see the attention grabbing title and remain in a state of shock and disgust? No, you read the article and the title get's put into context. Your assesment of the title alone is thus still out of context as the actual topic was very specific in who it criticised and was obviously not criticising all christians. The topic always puts the title into perspective and to single out the title is just downright taking the whole topic out of context. I'm not trying to continuously hound you but if I see what I percieve to be flaws in your criticism, I'm going to continually pick them out.

You've just got to be more mindful of context and who you're directing your comments at. The title is revealed in the context of the topic and replies that are ambiguous can only reliably be assumed to be referencing the topic and not any percieved outside anti-religious sentiments. Of course, people have came in an attested that you were wrong with how you interpreted thier replies, which gives credence to my asessment.

Yea...but please realise my comments were not relevant to this thread so shouldn't hold the fact against me, as I had no intention of keeping them relevant, as I was arguing a point that I thought was a prevailing attitude over ALL of tip.it, not just this thread.

99Hunterbanner3.jpg

But by saying At last, justice is served means that its a continuing problem, been going on for a long time. However, most of you would not have seen or heard of this church ever before. How can it not be directed at all Christians? After all, this only occured a short while ago. How can justice be seved "At last"?

:wall:

I'll let someone else do the honours.

Um? Am I interpreting it wrong...?

Yes. Point one is that the actual topic (you know, that which gives the whole post context) says nothing about christianity in general, just Phelps and his church. Point two is that these people didn't just crop up overnight and I (and I'd bet others) have known about them for at least months and there was actually a topic on them on this very forum a few months back. By the way the fact that some people don't know about these people is irrelevant to the fact that the topic maker actually did as he mentioned the topic of a few months back.

Ah Ok. Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying. Thought this news was, well, new.

Bad habit of mine lol. I read tons of books, so I read really fast and tend to skip some sentences that I perceive as not being of any relevance to the story as a whole. I jumped to the news item and didn't read the first line lol :?

Ah well, I'll leave you all to crucify me now.

99Hunterbanner3.jpg

Ah Ok. Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying. Thought this news was, well, new.

The legal occurances are new. They have been picketing thier nonsense for many years and purposely have legal ties and know how to keep thier bigotry going, hence the "at last" part. The law finally caught up with them and the common indecency that any regular joe can see has finally been legally challanged.

The legal occurances are new. They have been picketing thier nonsense for many years and purposely have legal ties and know how to keep thier bigotry going, hence the "at last" part. The law finally caught up with them and the common indecency that any regular joe can see has finally been legally challanged.

OK. As I mentioned before, I agree with the punishment fully for what they have done.

99Hunterbanner3.jpg