Aviansie slaying tips [for people with defence]

sprinter98900

Critical question

How long did it take you to camp 1200 addy bars?

:shame:

I tried this method out, its crap imo i think jordan's is way better even if you are spending 200k a trip you're making it back within an hour, within two or three your basically done with 1-1.5m profit

This method its taken me an hour to get 50 kills, and eaten all my monkfish up plus the runes its using ....the rate is incredibly reducedd, too, im getting addy bars only 1:4 ratio .

Nice guide, but put more thought into what cheaper really stands for

Time is money

Nats are 300 ea

It costs 600kish to get bones to peaches

AH now i see

97 range? No wonder you're pwning so well; 90 range + will slice through anything 2x as fast .

Most people only have 70-85 range, though, and until they do get 95+ they're not going to see a droprate using this method of more than 200 in 2-3 hours MAX.

7/10 for tthe guide

I have one idea that would save you some extra cash, use a sword of err camelot (I forgot the name its the one that it's spec gives you def bonus). This way there is no need for super defense pots, simply use the spec whenever you have full bar. Also I never thought about the bones to peach method but it sounds extremely good to me considering I haven't found much use for it lately. One other question, is everyone finding that the bone bolts are working well there?

Getting another sig

[removed]

Critical question

How long did it take you to camp 1200 addy bars?

I tried this method out, its crap imo i think jordan's is way better even if you are spending 200k a trip you're making it back within an hour, within two or three your basically done with 1-1.5m profit

This method its taken me an hour to get 50 kills, and eaten all my monkfish up plus the runes its using ....the rate is incredibly reducedd, too, im getting addy bars only 1:4 ratio .

Nice guide, but put more thought into what cheaper really stands for

Time is money

Nats are 300 ea

It costs 600kish to get bones to peaches

AH now i see

97 range? No wonder you're pwning so well; 90 range + will slice through anything 2x as fast .

Most people only have 70-85 range, though, and until they do get 95+ they're not going to see a droprate using this method of more than 200 in 2-3 hours MAX.

7/10 for tthe guide

Umm, are you freaking stupid? How is the time going to differ. If you're Fighting, no matter what your own time to kill an aviansie isn't going to change just because you're using another method.

If you're using too much food, your defence sucks. Too bad.

This method actually IS better. lol.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I have one idea that would save you some extra cash, use a sword of err camelot (I forgot the name its the one that it's spec gives you def bonus). This way there is no need for super defense pots, simply use the spec whenever you have full bar. Also I never thought about the bones to peach method but it sounds extremely good to me considering I haven't found much use for it lately. One other question, is everyone finding that the bone bolts are working well there?

The thing is with the excalibur is that it only provides a normal def pot worth of levels, not super. Seeing as sup def pots don't really cost much it's probably better just to use msb specs instead, that's if you're using the msb setup.

Yes, bone bolts do work great there, aviansies have low defence so there's no real need for any expensive bolts.

As for the above post, I agree on the point that it's hardly different rate of killing them, though I'm not up for saying which I think is better, it's an issue of which style fits you and it's pretty tiring with people almost bad-mouthing the other guide just because their preffered one suits them better.

I'm in your bracket of 70-85 range (being 85) and I notice pretty much no speed difference when done efficiently with proper equipment. The loss of a few range points for alot of defence points is completely un-noticable to me as far as hitting Aviansies goes, and the extra minute to gather bones sure as hell isn't losing me as much money as the bank trips and prayer pots cost me. Of course, people's stats differ and by all means the prayer method is more efficient for many, but you're just going to have to put up with the fact that there are better methods for other people, though I don't see why that's so hard in the first place.

As for bones to peaches costing me 600k arguement, that's COMPLETE rubbish. I use B2P for so many other things, just like you use prayer for other things. If you're using that arguement that I have to spend 600k to get bones to peaches, I can use the arguement that you can easily be spending 5Mil+ getting you're prayer level, which is where the two methods really differ. However that's ridiculous for both me and you to count as the price for hunting Aviansies.

The only other place where there's a difference in time spent is the actual eating, which is what, 0.5 seconds per food eaten? I don't mind losing 0.5 seconds at all.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Sigh, thanks for the Dour Man (Dragon Might)^ a little more maturity would just be AWESOME.

Can't take critique don't write a guide. Simple as that.

Time is everything to do with it. The faster you kill an aviansie, the more drops you get. Thus the more addy bars you get.

Didn't think this took so much explanation but obviously the other guy has no sense either.

The higher your ranged level the higher you hit and more frequently.

Thus you kill something faster

Thus you get more drops.

I take it you guys are the kinda people who think greater axe is better than a whip because it has higher stats.

It depends how long it takes to do this method is what decides the strength of it. In the time it takes to get 1200 bars this way you could have done jordan's method 5 times over (for example) and thus have made about the difference back + profitted more than you would from just one run.

That's what I'm saying.

When i was 70 range and killing them i couldnt get over 225 addy bars. Now that im nearly 80 range I can easily get 400 per load.

All I'm saying is

Jordanweb's method works better than this one.

Rubbish? :^o Er yeah right...Totally agree with you

And anyone who actually got bones to peaches themselves would know it costs 600-700k in runes.

Can't take critique don't write a guide. Simple as that.

Firstly, no one here is talking for the author, you're debating this with the users of the guides so don't go needlessly go throwing things like that at the author on mine or anyone elses account.

Time is everything to do with it. The faster you kill an aviansie, the more drops you get. Thus the more addy bars you get.

Didn't think this took so much explanation but obviously the other guy has no sense either.

The higher your ranged level the higher you hit and more frequently.

Thus you kill something faster

Thus you get more drops.

Almost leading me to believe you hardly read what I said, I do NOT deny that speed is one of the top factors for fast income here, but I argue that this method is just as effective when used properly, by those who have the stats that can.

I take it you guys are the kinda people who think greater axe is better than a whip because it has higher stats.

Not at all, I'm perfectly capable to make my own tests and calculations on how fast I can get exp or money per hour. Don't go making assumptions on people from a irrelevant topic it's better just to debate the topic on hand with the information you know about.

It depends how long it takes to do this method is what decides the strength of it. In the time it takes to get 1200 bars this way you could have done jordan's method 5 times over (for example) and thus have made about the difference back + profitted more than you would from just one run.

That's about as well backed up as me saying "My method is a zil times better! Litterally!". It could very well be better for you but don't go around denieing people from considering using a method that might be better for them.

When i was 70 range and killing them i couldnt get over 225 addy bars. Now that im nearly 80 range I can easily get 400 per load.

Again you're just hinting towards my point. The more you're stats change the more you're outcome changes and the more you can play around with setups. I really don't see what you're trying to prove by saying that, it's going to be faster EITHER way if you get 10 range levels.

Jordanweb's method works better than this one.

Yet you lack any real reasoning.

Rubbish? :^o Er yeah right...Totally agree with you

And anyone who actually got bones to peaches themselves would know it costs 600-700k in runes.

I take this as sarcasm?

Again, you make me feel like you read the first line of my arguement and assumed what the rest will be.

I do NOT denie bones to peaches costs monet to get, but so does you're prayer. I'm not about to repeat myself on that arguement again, so re-read what I orignally said. Don't take it as an insult when I said rubbish, I was just surprised you'd bring a point up with so little logic behind it.

Hope debating effectivness of methods is allowed in PMG :P

slayermask3.png

lol okay now take it easy i'm allowed to have an opinion.. don't have to cut and paste every single line I say.

:roll: Your allowed to have your opinions too, obviously. Now how about we hush hush on the e-drama, please? :ohnoes: :-# :thumbsup:

lol okay now take it easy i'm allowed to have an opinion.. don't have to cut and paste every single line I say.

:roll: Your allowed to have your opinions too, obviously. Now how about we hush hush on the e-drama, please? :ohnoes: :-# :thumbsup:

Of course you're allowed to have an opinion. I have nothing against anyone who prefers a method different to mine, I don't own the game so in all honesty it doesn't really concern me if you make your money by buying buckets from stores filling them with water and selling them to gen stores.

I'm merely debating the topic you brought up and quoting you makes it much easier for me to do so and make sure I didn't miss out on any of your points.

If you're not up for debating it then nobody's forcing you to, many flame wars start because people mistake a debate for an attack against them.

This isn't politics so the debate can get heated to avoid a boring discussion, or as you put it, drama :wink:

slayermask3.png

The other thing that was great about using this method is that my range attack bonus was over 100 so I'm considerably more accurate. Add that to the two range pots that I bring & I'm killing these much faster without prayer. Finally, since I don't have to run to the bank every 2 hours or so I save several more minutes in not having to take bank trips.

-----------

As soon as I can afford a DFS I'm going to use that for my shield spot & wear a sara d hide top & zammy d hide legs and a skill cape... this will add another +15 to my range attack & +21 to my range defense while costing me less for barrows repairs since I won't be using guthan legs... so I'll be making even money faster because I'll be more efficient with my killing. =D>

----------

It took me about 8 hours to get 1100 bars...

----------

Also, assuming bones to peaches costs 600k to get... you will break even on 1 trip like I did with the 600k of pray potions I didn't use, so every trip after this one is 600k extra profit.

Just came to say for everyone who ACTUALLY tried my guide and made their own modifications to better it for themselves, thank you

Obviously you do not have to take item by item of what i show, you can mix and match to find what works for you. That's what a higher level of thinking can achieve...

now for those that come in to simply state that "so and so's guide is better" with no basis of comparison, just leave. Go play rs and don't waste time with this nonsense. I will agree that Jordan's guide is better for the majority of people since most people whom do kill for money are USUALLY preferring attack over defence...

If you didn't read the title of this guide before you posted, let me restate it....

Aviansie slaying tips [for people with defence]

So if you prefer praying, my guess is you either don't enjoy defence, prefer minimal attention (longer trip with less attention is what pretty much prayer potions will provide), or simply do not have a good enough defence level to "tank" these out

and again, thanks for those who tried it and made their own modifications to it and liked it.

with 20 p pots you can make over 1mil a trip and enough to pay for those 20 p pots and enough for more trips. i dont see how thats bad.

max ive made with 20 4 dose p pots itsd like 1.1M so that was 900k Profit but like he said his minimum was 175 WITH 97 RANGE

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

ARGH... so many good ways of making money in runescape and I can't do any! Another one to add to the list- (though I might try it in 25 ranged levels time, sound like a good way of getting RICH...)

Ive been using this method for a few days and i LOVE it. At first i started off with really abd equipment, first time i went got like 30 kills before i had to tele lol.

I bought guthans and it works very nicely down there. When i get about 50 hp ill switch to the warspear and run over and attack the vampire if it is in combat. If its in combat then it wont even attack me wich is free hp for me :)

i also have a +83 range attack, and +322 ranged def

enguar85.png

Us jews love our grape juice!

• 2 weeks later...

I found tanking to be quite effective. I'm currently camped out at aviansies on a 60 hour crusade to 90 ranged.

Stats: 86 hits, 85 ranged, 80 def

Wearing:

torags helm

armadyl pendant

10000 addy bolts

rune c'bow

obby shield

sara dhide top

zammy chaps

snakeskin boots

barrows gloves

archer ring

inventory

Lava staff

1 noted addy bar

1 coin

50 natures

space for airs

space for waters

space for bloods.

excalibur

3 more torag helms

I can use bones to peaches, so i'm staying down there until all 4 helms fall off. 60 hours straight at aviansies, boredom express. I figure on a 4:5 bar/kill ratio, and i can kill about 130 an hour with such a setup. that means i'll have about 8k kills, about 6.4k addy bars (which at current prices is 16m), about 4m in just alchable drops, and who knows how much runes. I will be giving away all herb drops.

that comes out to about 20m profit. =)

Dragon Drops- D legs, finally

• 2 months later...

Tried this last night and in 3 hrs or so, had 314 kills and 357 addy bars. Used only one casting of BTP and my starter foods. Got 5 or 6 sword drops and came out with 100k gold after repairing my guthans, but before doing anything with my bar drops and rune drops. Could have camped out there all day if I had wanted and made a mint. Still have to find out what the clue reward is for a final balance, but overall, I like this method just as well as the prayer method. I'll be doing some experimenting with other equipment to see how high of a range defense bonus I can get. This trip was +276.

[Tngunsmoke.gif

• 5 months later...

Nice guide!

I switched the armor a little bit to suit my budget a little better but it worked great!

heres some pics of me after a kill count of 100:

(I havent left yet, just posting a pic of me in the process. I still have 98 bone to peaches tabs and the swordie drops are helping too! My goal i to get a kill count of 1000 but atleast 750 before leaving.)

untitled-1.jpg

untitled1-1.jpg

Dutchnclover.gif

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT GREAT GREAT GUIDE! This has helped me make over 6m in the past week! :thumbsup:

I tanked avianses for 10 hours and ended up with 1k addy bars and 1136 kills! made a profit of 3m!

heres my crappy stats- :oops:

1000killcount3-1.jpg

Heres was my setup(found it far superior to others)- \'

1000killcount2-1-1.jpg

My killcount at 1000- =D>

1000killcount-1.jpg

I stayed to get 1k addy bars and made a cool 3m profit- :D

1kaddys-1.jpg

3m-1.jpg

Dutchnclover.gif

[hide=]

GREAT GREAT GREAT GUIDE! This has helped me make over 6m in the past week! :thumbsup:

I tanked avianses for 10 hours and ended up with 1k addy bars and 1136 kills! made a profit of 3m!

heres my crappy stats- :oops:

1000killcount3-1.jpg

Heres was my setup(found it far superior to others)- \'

1000killcount2-1-1.jpg

My killcount at 1000- =D>

1000killcount-1.jpg

I stayed to get 1k addy bars and made a cool 3m profit- :D

1kaddys-1.jpg

3m-1.jpg

[/hide]

To be honest, the only very efficient setups I have seen are Lizzy9313, whom I quoted, and kds1398.

I use a setup almost identical to Lizzy's, just replace the dragon boots for snakeskin, it's the same ranged defence bonus and +3 ranged attack. I also use obby shield, but it has identical ranged defence so meh. Totals are +278 ranged defence, +125 ranged attack, very powerful setup, works well for me with 81 ranged, 70 defence and 77 hitpoints.

Take out the archer ring, -4 to ranged attack and defence, but ~1.5m cheaper. Total value of the outfit minus bolts is <2m without archer ring, maybe around 3.5m with, based on grand exchange prices. Remember, this is using snakeskin boots.

Very efficient, take another of each barrows item you're wearing only takes 2 inventory spots, doubles your trip length effectively.

All I have to say.

Lego_Luke.png

i think this is a good guide. But now that broad bolts have come out you should think about putting those in your guide. They hit the same as addy and cost less than mith bolts. I've been tanking at avians for ages i use torags with sara d hide zammy bracers. I never go near the bandos people and the avians become unagresive after a while so theres no point in bringing the arma ammy.

I _Heart_Gang.png