-Fast and Easy Money from Level 1 Clues- [Version 2.1]

Tact

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Great guide Granzi!! Informative, straightforward, and plenty of pics.

Just three things you should make a note about:

1. Make sure to bring Penance gloves if you can

2. Since it's a level 1, you probably don't need a familiar to restore run. But all the same keep 2 super energies on you. Better to use up 2k than to walk

3. If you are going to kill some HAM members, bring a defender.

8.5/10 :thumbsup:

Thanks Zaaps!

1. I made a note of that under Inventory. Personally, I don't own penance gloves, but I do bring boots of lightness and a spottier cape for doing my clues with.

2. Good point. I'll add that ASAP.

3. After testing out the new drop rates, I'm thinking of revising my guide to emphasize thieving over attacking HAM warriors. I've been getting clues on my 3rd or 4th pickpocket, and it rarely takes me more than 3-4 minutes. I will add a note about the defender though.

Tact.gif

Thanks falcon. I ended up doing a major overhaul of this guide since so much had changed from when I first wrote it. Some of the language and formating could have been clearer too, so I hope version 2.0 is much easier on the eyes and brain. :D

I'm going to be doing quite a few of these clues over the next week or so to finish putting up my new clue log. (Got fairly lucky for the first 4 clues or so, as you can see.)

Tact.gif

Gr8t Guide Granzi! To think that I always throw out the clues I get from MTK cause they level 1. Hmmm, and I never thought about pickpocketing ham members for them :D Ty for the info :D

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Thanks for your comments! I do every clue I get, even level 1s, since they don't take that much time to complete. Although not every reward is going to be that good, over the long run, you'll be surprised at how much money you make. ;)

Oh, and congrats on 99 firemaking! :D

Tact.gif

Individually, of course not. But then again, what are the odds of you getting 3rd age from a level 3 anyways? Vanishingly small. ::'

I'm not claiming that this guide is the best way to make money either. Rather, I'd like to change people's perception of level 1 clues as trash while helping them realize that there's profit, if you know the right method.

Tact.gif

Individually, of course not. But then again, what are the odds of you getting 3rd age from a level 3 anyways? Vanishingly small. ::'

I'm not claiming that this guide is the best way to make money either. Rather, I'd like to change people's perception of level 1 clues as trash while helping them realize that there's profit, if you know the right method.

Currently level 108, still enjoying this method! I don't really care about the profits, I have better ways to make money. But with some luck, it is great money. I do this for sheer fun. It is quite enjoyable to finish level 1 clues! And they are just as exciting as level 3 clues, you just get these far more often :D

One of thebest ways for me to relax. And it is good that you wrote a guide about it.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I loved clue scrolls when I was a member, so I'll have to check this out when I become a member again. It's especially cool how the list is there, so I can just buy every F2P item on the list until I get the money needed irl for P2P.

I'm assuming this is good thieving xp too..?

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

As to the response about the thieving experience. It is really really low. Every 2-3 minutes of thieving, I tend to get a clue. I spend about 10-15 minutes on solving the clue. 4 to 5 clues per hour, that is not even 15 minutes of actual thieving with low experience per theft. So don't do this for the experience, you won't go higher then 1-3k experience.

I did another 5 clues yesterday, sadly nothing better then a black platebody. But it is good fun. I will link you my inventory when I thieve soon.

As for the H.A.M. outfit, if you are working on the Chosen Commander quest, you get an entire set during it.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Out of curiosity, why does it take you 10-15 minutes to finish a clue? My bank is currently cluttered with clay tools so I don't bother keeping emote items anymore. However, even factoring in those emote clues and trips to the GE, it usually takes me less than 5 minutes for me to complete a scroll.

Tact.gif

hmm a nice guide, but if a range pure or some1 who wants range xp wants to do this i would advice them to kill minotaurs

(this is TRUE fact) if you use Cannon at minotaurs and use a ring of wealth at the same time as you kill them yourself it takes about 1min to get a clue, my best time was actually 20sec to get one, (that clue gave me 2 white berrets = 520k )

ant3_slay%20:.png

Well, should you prefer to use combat to get your clues, there are several other places besides minotaurs that work well. You could kill men in the house north of Edgeville bank, or attack the thugs in Edgeville dungeon's wilderness.

If you factor in the cost of buying the cannon and cannonballs, that's quite an investment for many players, especially people who don't have much money to begin with or the high skills to earn some. Also, unlike thieving at the HAM, you're unlikely to recoup the cost of your cannonballs from the usual rewards found in a level 1 clue.

Edit: Wearing a ring of wealth does not affect the probability of getting a clue. You're better off picking a ring with attack or defense bonuses.

Tact.gif

very nice guide and good lay out... im trying this now and no clue in 20 mins emmm #-o

t7mq9v.png

dragon drops: 2 legs, 3 skirts

dag kings: 9 zerker 3 axe , 1 seers , 4 warrior

bandos:hilt x4 tasset x 3 chest x 7 boots x 2

arma: hilt x1 chest x1 skirt x2 helm x1

+ much more :d