-Fast and Easy Money from Level 1 Clues- [Version 2.1]

Tact

Ivotjuh: Nice reward! If you do plan on keeping a clue log, I'd be happy to include it in the first post.

Warrior: Haven't done that quest. :oops: Still, I'm willing to do some time trials there in the future to compare against the HAM, although clue scrolls are supposed to have a random drop rate.

Tact.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got 7 clues this method and earned about 300k total, not cool.

Last time I got 5 salmons and 33 air runes. My best is gilded studded leather armor and that was only 100k.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Thanks for the positive comments.

Amonitas, there is an element of luck when it comes to clue rewards. I did state in the guide that I average about 250-350k per hour using this method. Of course, there will be times when your profit is much higher, and times when it's much lower. My friend Hunteravenge had done over 30 "dry" clues before finally getting 2 consecutive scrolls worth a combined 1.7 million.

Tact.gif

• 3 weeks later...

A very good guide. I always enjoy thieving from H.A.M members.

The only thing I was lacking was a list of items for clues...luckily, you managed to obtain that. :thumbsup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

• 1 month later...

Apparently, I take 25 of each elemental rune. Just in case I have to tele Camalot twice :wink:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Apparently, I take 25 of each elemental rune. Just in case I have to tele Camalot twice :wink:

Yeah, there are some parts of the guide that need a bit of updating. I personally took at least 10 of each rune, elemental or otherwise.

Tact.gif

Nice guide :)

Done 2 lvl 1 clues

Drops :

Clue 1. Black platelegs and something (forgot :P)

Clue 2. Guthix page 2 and 4 white firelighters.

Clue 3. Black Longsword, Black bolts ( 28 ), 10 salmons, 5 nature runes

Clue 4. 9 Trout, 43 mind runes, 49 black bolts

Clue 5. Studded chaps, steel pickaxe

Clue 6. 22 Black Bolts, steel pickaxe, 137gee pee

Getting clues from rock crabs while training ranged

You certainly could do that. If you do decide to take the Ardougne cape, there's no need to wear any of the rest of the HAM clothing since the effect only works as a set. This would save you some inventory space by wearing your weight-reducing items right off the bat.

It's difficult to say which method would reduce your chance of being caught the greatest amount. Extensive time trials seems a bit excessive for this small matter, so I assume they offer similar benefits. I think the HAM cape is more accessible for lower level players, and the difference in time wouldn't be too noticeable.

Tact.gif

• 1 month later...

I used to do this back in the day. Also, keep up with street prices; a lot of TT items have a much higher price than what they are in the GE.

Thanks for the tip, but how do you know what the street prices are? I have a white beret and zamorak page, are their street prices the same as their GE price?

I used to do this back in the day. Also, keep up with street prices; a lot of TT items have a much higher price than what they are in the GE.

Thanks for the tip, but how do you know what the street prices are? I have a white beret and zamorak page, are their street prices the same as their GE price?

Just visit the RSOF and search for threads. Crozier sets, for example, are worth like 500k - 1M on the street. People also pay fairly for pith helmets. I don't know about the berets or god pages.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• 7 months later...

I love doing clues, I feel that you are leaving out a relatively simple way to do your clues faster. With money I have made from doing clues I put in a brand new portal room in my house, this portal room allows for me to only have to carry house tabs/tele to house runes something that I find saves me a lot of time. Plus, with my mounted glory I can do clues in about half the time they normally would take. (Getting the items for emotes/wear this and do that clues)

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

• 1 month later...

I've tried this before, got around 300k out of this in a few days.. got lots of bad clues. Anyways, might just try this again now that I have 94 thieving, therefore just a tiny chance of getting caught. Also, had no idea the HAM robes reduce your chance of getting hit in the face, thanks for the tip! Great guide in my opinion, pretty much sums everything up.