Does Summoning mean a NEW high Combat Level?

kieranread

Well does it.

I personally think if it is released as a new skill like suggested. Then it will obviously have something to do with combat.

However how do you think it will work, like the current mage level and have no effect on skills if you raise melle.

Do you think it will be part of mage and both will add together to make a "Mage" avater rather than a melle avater when all those skills are maxed out.

Or do you think it could work like prayer, be seperate involved in all skills and raise the combat level to perhaps 150-160.

I personally think it will effect it some how but in what ways?

Discuss

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be like slayer. Combat related, but not actually helpful in combat.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

So summoning, the most pointless skill i've ever heard of, is actually coming to be? meh, k

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

Didn't really think of it like that but i supose its a possibility.

Can't imaging getting tasks to summon a rat though, followed by killing it for exp :S

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Actually that's impossible because slayer was just a level you got from training combat in the first place and it means nothing except what monsters you can kill. You can't repeat the same thing with summoning, although I think they will just not make it count towards combat level or very little, but I doubt they would raise combat above 126. In a way, summoning would only counts toward your combat if you're low level in the first place.

Personally I hope it dosen't help to much with combat. At least not with actually attacking the monster/player your fighting. Maybe things like boosting your stats, getting the drops for you, holding stuff for you. That would be cool. But other then that I'm a little worried about the effect of it on combat :ohnoes:

Psycho1701-P1.gifPsycho1701-P2.gif

I don't think so. If it were then might as well make Slayer contribute to combat also.

Actually that's impossible because slayer was just a level you got from training combat in the first place and it means nothing except what monsters you can kill. You can't repeat the same thing with summoning, although I think they will just not make it count towards combat level or very little, but I doubt they would raise combat above 126. In a way, summoning would only counts toward your combat if you're low level in the first place.

Kinda like mage and range? If you have high melee stats, raising those won't raise your cmb lvl much. Only if you're maxing possibly :P. But that seems likely... however also seems like it might have to raise your level atleast 2 or 3 more :P. Maybe 130 cmb? :o:O

Blakdragon39.png

Well from what development diary said

they were aiming to make it a NON COMBAT skill

And thou it does offer some combat aids if also helps most skills.

So I'd say no.

I'd hazard a guess its not even as close to combat as slayer is.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I dont think it will, it will be like slayer. Deals with combat but does not raise it. However i wont mind if it does...be cool to see someone with 130+ combat lvl.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Well, it'd be great not to get attacked by those goddamn Wild Dogs anymore.

But I, too, think it'll be like Slayer and deal with combat indirectly.

I hope it's like the Aeons in FFX, though, where you can't personally attack or be attacked while your Familiar is present. Otherwise, being able to have a Familiar hit a 20 while you hit a 49 with a whip would destroy combat.

td2sig.jpg

i thought this as well, it all depends on how it works really, if i can summon a monster who will stand and fight beside me then id be very suprised if it didnt raise the max combat level, because a 126 and a demon is stronger than just a 126 after all, though if the monster just performs one attack and leaves then it will probably be more like the effect of mage and range on lvls in that your melee skills have to be low for it to take effect.

and for those saying it would be like slayer increasing cb lvl remember, slayer only determins what you can kill, not how efficiently you can kill it.

There will be no new combat level... What's wrong with people these days?

Wow i didn't know you worked for Jagex thanks for informing me.

You don't know till it happens, things change, im asking people that they THINK will happen.

Jeese... What's wrong with people these days?

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

But Hunter doesn't use combat at all.

But I know what your saying, I thought so too. :oops:

Kinda like mage and range? If you have high melee stats, raising those won't raise your cmb lvl much. Only if you're maxing possibly :P. But that seems likely... however also seems like it might have to raise your level atleast 2 or 3 more :P. Maybe 130 cmb? :o:O

Exactly like mage and range, that's what i was thinking.

But it might/should be an even more minimal effect than mage and range but that depends how much it really affects the combat system, we'll have to see.

There will be no new combat level... What's wrong with people these days?

Wow i didn't know you worked for Jagex thanks for informing me.

You don't know till it happens, things change, im asking people that they THINK will happen.

Jeese... What's wrong with people these days?

That is what I think. Why would the combat level increase for a new skill? Then they would have to make all skills go up. Then, they would have to take everyones achievement capes away. Use your common sense boy...
wpsig1ht5.gif

I think it was Mod Bennet that said for sure, that Jagex had no plans to raise the cap beyond 99. That's why they removed the Next level indicator even when you were already on lvl 99 with a particular skill. They confirmed that a lvl cap increase would NOT be the big update they were talking about.

I'm disappointed about that to be honest. There's a great calculator on RHQ. I used it and found my combat lvl to be lvl 134 lol. I'd love that to be visible, but I guess it's not going to happen any time soon.

Harrington.gif