Does Summoning mean a NEW high Combat Level?

kieranread

Why would the combat level increase for a new skill? Then they would have to make all skills go up. Then, they would have to take everyones achievement capes away. Use your common sense boy...

Why would they have to make all skills go up just because combat goes up..?

If they just introduced one new skills that affects combat, I don't see why they'd have to raise other skills?

boeing2os2.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing that's particularly interesting about the upcoming skill summoning is the length of time spent on developing it in comparison to the other newer skills. just look at the timeline in the development diary.

part 1 of the development diary says summoning will be used for combat and non-combat. so i wonder if it would be possible to make a pure summoning account?

mage lvls may be required or attack lvls? or range or strength, defence lvls? to use summoning. but it may not be like that. a high summoning lvl, i would think, would give a person a combat advantage; so it's very possible it could raise your combat lvl.

will summoning use runes? a new rune? a new spellbook? will summoning stand on its own as a combat skill? or is it dependent on other combat skills for using. these are all questions that will eventually be answered.

i think it's a real possibility that it will give you combat levels if you train it, since it does affect combat; like prayer, magic, range, defence, attack, hits, strength, so, i'd say it will lvl combat if you train it, but it's hard to say since we dont know exactly how it will "help you in a variety of combat and non-combat ways", will they fight alongside you? among other things, i think that's a definate yes. if i had to guess i'd say it will level combat, but maybe like require 16 levels for a new combat lvl up or something like that.

i want a summoning cape :twisted:

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I hope it's like the Aeons in FFX, though, where you can't personally attack or be attacked while your Familiar is present. Otherwise, being able to have a Familiar hit a 20 while you hit a 49 with a whip would destroy combat.

I like that idea.

I would like to see summon creatures that are used for combat be separated into defensive on offensive. If this were put in place I would use the defensive creatures while I runecraft through the abyss.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

If the skill will have combat oriented, then the should make it so that it raises combat. It should be unfair for a lvl 99 summoning, 3 cb summoning a mith dragon, making it kill every other lvl 3.

Though, of course, we don't know what the monsters are... maybe a wolpertinger... but nothing else..

22031_s.gif

Everyone seems to be assuming that summoning will provide you with the ability to call up a monster to help you fight another one (or player). No-one has even considered that summoning might be a case of you summoning a particular monster for YOU to fight.

If the skill will have combat oriented, then the should make it so that it raises combat. It should be unfair for a lvl 99 summoning, 3 cb summoning a mith dragon, making it kill every other lvl 3.

Though, of course, we don't know what the monsters are... maybe a wolpertinger... but nothing else..

There's also pretty much guaranteed to be something called a spiritwolf, which is what the image next to the dev diary is of.

I doubt that it will raise combat any higher, my money is its gonna be something like slayer

My theory: You summon monsters to attack other monsters, you get exp for your monsters killing the other monsters and it increases on some scale (prolly on hp like slayer) and as you increase in level you gain access to much more powerfull monsters and maybe even multiple numbers of monsters at once.

Maybe even one of the summoning monsters will be a winged one that can fly you almost anywhere on the map.

Thats my theory ^_^

cool_sig1.jpg

Wow. I'm starting to hate baseless speculation, as it only leads to utter disappointment.(AKA Duel Tournaments)

I used to love Tip.it for that, but give it a rest. All you have is what they have given us, and the only reason I see to do this would be to say in January "Ha ha I was right!", but what is the point in that?

I'm just gonna keep playing the game that I have on November 23rd, 2007. I'm not gonna speculate about the future, or dwell on the past.

Please, just play the damn game. I swear half of the topics in the forum are speculation about something where there is no proof of it.

Just stop.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Nah, I dont think that Summoning will be a part of combat. But, as usual, the behind the scenes of november ALL looked good and they ALL turned out to be a disaster. And once the duel arena came out, I thought to myself that the only hopes I have left is the grand exchange and the "GREAT" update in january 2008. well "Summoning", as the way they explained it in developement diaries, does not meet my taste. Hopefully the Grand Exchange will not be as lagfull as I expect since that is my only hope left :D

postedimage.png

I personally think that Jagex won't change max combat level. -.-

And i hope so... #-o

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

no, in case u didnt realise a new combat level wasnt mentioned at all in the update. also they are doing this on a bts from 2004, pretty sure theyd mention a new cbt in that. i doubt very much they make a new high combat, just seems like itll be so weird to even bother :-k

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

Very scary. A change like this is not good.
Idea has been used, idea has worked. Though here's a fun exploit for when it comes out "send high lvl pet to kill low lvl players and let him kill as you run away". This summoning idea has worked well in other games, so it should work in one as simple as this.

why WOULD they make summoning a skill that affects ur combat lvl that way they should also make it F2P. because else we would have a disadvantage on members their combat lvls.

Actually, you already have a disadvantage on combat lvls, It definately is very hard to train to lvl 126 without membership..

99 prayer... Big Bones?

99 hp... Grinding greaters with rune scimmy? :notalk:

erm, well. It IS possible, but really hard.

I wouldn't personally care if summoning was to raise max combat level. Actually I would llllove it :D

K, Thx, bye =;

Sir+Jehu.png

Retired ~ "I'll Be Back!" NOT

why WOULD they make summoning a skill that affects ur combat lvl that way they should also make it F2P. because else we would have a disadvantage on members their combat lvls.

Actually, you already have a disadvantage on combat lvls, It definately is very hard to train to lvl 126 without membership..

99 prayer... Big Bones?

99 hp... Grinding greaters with rune scimmy? :notalk:

erm, well. It IS possible, but really hard.

I wouldn't personally care if summoning was to raise max combat level. Actually I would llllove it :D

K, Thx, bye =;

No he is not saying a difficulty to train, just that some members wont be able to attack some f2pers while pking. Due to combat level differences.

Costantino.png

one problem with making it cb-related, is the fact that a lvl 3 can have level 99 summoning, he could summon say, a wolf, and it would do all the dirty work for him. Would that be fair? No. However, it could advance your levels when you are low combat, so.... it could happen

22031_s.gif

one problem with making it cb-related, is the fact that a lvl 3 can have level 99 summoning, he could summon say, a wolf, and it would do all the dirty work for him. Would that be fair? No. However, it could advance your levels when you are low combat, so.... it could happen

A level 3 can have 99 summoning and summon a high level wolf to fight for him?

Any proof of this? Otherwise, don't call it a fact.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png