Does Summoning mean a NEW high Combat Level?

kieranread

As stated before, it'll probably be added to the magic skill, as a new spell list.

No it won't. there seems to be a lot of people posting who haven't actually read the development diary.

"Initially, we were considering Summoning as an addition to Magic. We actually made the life rune for Classic, but didn't release it. Some players discovered its existence, but there was no way to actually get it," says Paul. Developing the RS2 engine held up things for a while and, by the time we got back to Summoning, there'd been some changes. "At that point, Magic was already filling out and we were also concepting Desert Treasure and alternate spellbooks, so decided it would be better as a new skill rather than an addition to an older one," says Mod Mark.
chumley.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it will be part of mage and both will add together to make a "Mage" avater rather than a melle avater when all those skills are maxed out.

dude thats the perfect idea! then maybe agility with a little update for a range

support skill (attack to strenght, summoning to mage, agility to range) it would be perfect!

Sheesh... Why do everyone keep saying it's a bad skill and stuff before they even know much of it. This happened before hunter too and I dont see anyone complaining anymore.

Although I kinda wished summoning would be a "cool" level to train, as in imps as low level, demons as high level. Not a freaking dog :XD:

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

why WOULD they make summoning a skill that affects ur combat lvl that way they should also make it F2P. because else we would have a disadvantage on members their combat lvls.

Actually, you already have a disadvantage on combat lvls, It definately is very hard to train to lvl 126 without membership..

99 prayer... Big Bones?

99 hp... Grinding greaters with rune scimmy? :notalk:

erm, well. It IS possible, but really hard.

I wouldn't personally care if summoning was to raise max combat level. Actually I would llllove it :D

K, Thx, bye =;

No he is not saying a difficulty to train, just that some members wont be able to attack some f2pers while pking. Due to combat level differences.

Indeed, Why didn't I realize it in the morning :-# It would most definately affect pking and stuff :ohnoes:

Sir+Jehu.png

Retired ~ "I'll Be Back!" NOT

Summoning is going to be a let down. Its probally going to have to much of a "hunter" theme to it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

There will be no new combat level... What's wrong with people these days?

Wow i didn't know you worked for Jagex thanks for informing me.

You don't know till it happens, things change, im asking people that they THINK will happen.

Jeese... What's wrong with people these days?

That is what I think. Why would the combat level increase for a new skill? Then they would have to make all skills go up. Then, they would have to take everyones achievement capes away. Use your common sense boy...

What the hell does raising the skills have to do with combat level.

The new skill would go to 99, the new levels would already increase the current level of 126 above that.

How does raising other levels even come into this.

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE BOY

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

I have seen a lot of people saying about level 3's getting monsters to do all the work.

Now ASSUMING, this skill is seperate and does raise monster to fight for you it would HAVE to effect the combat level. Or level 3's would be overpowered.

As its a new skill it would need to.

If it doesn't effect the combat level it would be something like raising creatures to follow you around and play no part, unless they could make bank trips for you or something.

Its either that or it will work like mage, raise the combat level but fade out to melle as you rase them skills.

But i do like the idea of matching skills together

Attack, and Strength

Mage and Summoning

Range and Agility

to create attack, mage, and range accounts rather then all of them working out to become a melle account.

His post was ealier on forgot your name sorry :s

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Sounds like someone was taking a dump when they got the idea.

Useless skill.

How can you say its useless when you have no idea what you do or how its going to work?

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

one problem with making it cb-related, is the fact that a lvl 3 can have level 99 summoning, he could summon say, a wolf, and it would do all the dirty work for him. Would that be fair? No. However, it could advance your levels when you are low combat, so.... it could happen

A level 3 can have 99 summoning and summon a high level wolf to fight for him?

Any proof of this? Otherwise, don't call it a fact.

The core idea being that these summoned animals would do more than just fight for you.

They can do more than fighting. That just made the fact that a lvl 3 would be more powerful with 99 summoning, making a pure that's extrememely unfair. While I chose a wolf, a spirit wolf more exactly, because thats the picture just beside the development diary news. Could happen, couldn't it? I porved it; it's a fact... I hope.

22031_s.gif

IMO it'll be like range or mage, you can be a pure summoner, and that raises combat lvl, but at 99 everything you still will be 126

I recon thats the most likely choice, but i also have my doubts. They released it late so what if people wanted to be a pure summoner from the begining but now can't because of this, will generate a lot of rants i would have thought.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to say hahhaha i was right summoning is going to affect combat. Although its only 138 so wont go as high as my estimate but still i was right.

*notices someone wasn't hugged enough as a kid*

Ahhhh!

OT: A lot of speculation going both ways, but yes, it does appear summoning will raise your combat! :)

It would probably raise your combat level in the same increments that Ranged and Magic does.

Very very close. Prayer.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Since someone's got to say it...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Level 3 skillers just got donked! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ACHIEVEMENT CAPE

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Level 3 skillers just got donked! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ACHIEVEMENT CAPE

Nah, not really. Summoning will count as a combat skill just like Prayer, Attack, etc.

j0xPu5R.png

Nah, not really. Summoning will count as a combat skill just like Prayer, Attack, etc.

that was kind of the point :twisted:

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"