*RuneScape will shine soon enough_

JordanGM

If they get rid of trading I'm fine with it, but dropping? I'd have to walk to a store or whatnot everytime I wanted to get rid of something. Or what if I'm training and accidently pick up something I dont mean to. Or I'm pking and I have no inventory space to pick up my kill. I couldn't see runescape without dropping, that would make things alot more difficult than before.

However, Runescape without macros and bots, awesome, just awesome ::'

I forgot to mention that they would most likely replace it with destroying.

Ok, that works for me, but you'd probably have to go through a multi-click thing (for lack of a better name) asking if you're sure you want to destroy it which might get annoying after a little while.

they could make a right click option

gordhammer1.png

You see, when a mommy noob and a daddy noob really love each other...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome.

BURN BOTS BURN!!!!

i mean, i used to be able to cut yews in edgville easily, but now even edgville is overrun by bots, the only yews i can cut whem im f2p is when there far away from the bank, seeing bots gone would make me the happiest guy alive. with G.E it would take longer to sell, but, i could put yews up for sale there, and instantly go back and cut more.

i would get yews quicker.

i would grow levels quicker.

and to all the people who think this will affect prices and merchanting, i have always made my yews prices 300 ea in order to sell quicker, i probably will not change that no matter how high the prices go, cause if they go much higher it wont be fair.

also, i assume prices in rune axes will lower as there will be less demand for them.

EDIT: also i think they wll put 1 grand exhcange in varrok, to allow players to use it for a while then ask for suggestions on improvments, once they absolutly complete all suggestions they might put grand exchange in other cities.

I hope they don't get rid of the trade screen. Me and my rl girlfriend like to do quests together and we share the gathering of resources for the quests by one getting enough of one thing for both of us and the other person enough of a different itme for the both of us. I know we'll probably be able to buy the items from the GE but at the end of the day, it wouldn;t seem like as much of a quest doing it like that.

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

No, it won't happen, it would kill what we call "Runescape".

The whole OoC would be brutally killed, how should we donate cabbages then?

they wouldnt delete trading, just limit it.

i mean they would still allow you to give cabbages its not like people buy cabbages 1m ea.

Its pretty obvious that Jagex will remove player-to-player trading soon enough, with LootShare, Request Assistance, making the party house F2P (for drop parties) and Grand Exchange.

They do that, and i will shoot Paul and Andrew with dual magnums straight up their a---- :x

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

To was the Mod said: No.

To almost all you said: No.

You simply cannot have a multiplayer game be equal or implement the majority of the things you put in. People will still find ways to break into it. People will put time into making programs that break into the servers through much stronger third party programs they *will* develop sooner or later, people *will* create autoers that can still pass through the system, people *will* take advantage of their skills and others, and simply put, people *will* be people. We try it all the time with governments and in politics, saying people will suddenly be *equal*. Load of crap. There always has to be someone above the others.

You simply can't take away things like dropping. You can't take away the quickness of trading. You can't take away almost all the things you stated. Why do f2pers really need the party hall? You don't. When I was p2p, I never bothered, it was a lot more fun to just drop stuff wherever i wanted and watch people run to pick it up. Its the simple things that will make or break this game. If you take away the things that hold it together, it will fall apart so fast you won't even notice. One day you'll suddenly notice that the total amount of players online dropped down by 50,000 from what it was at the same time the day before.

P.S: If anything written above is offensive or ununderstandable, it is because I had about 3 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. Sorry in advanced

Yeah, if I still played, I'd probably quit if they removed trading.

Plus, I'm sure like everybody will hate me for this. But I really love autoers. They made my life easy by selling raw materials cheap for me. When they get rid of them, don't be surprised when Yews go up to like 700 each.

The optimal.

Since im p2p i don't have much trouble with autoers. While it is clear that Jagex is trying to controll the problem I don't think they'll just nuke trading. They might reduce it and the might chance it but they wont get rid of it. I mean, there would be so many less topics! Whole articles are written on how the economy is doing and whats profitable. Like people have said before, if they take too much control over prices it wont be fun anymore. I kind of like the challenge of deciding what to do to get money. Wether to start a buisness, higher runners or the like. I would hate it if all prices were set and yews were always 400 or 500. It doesn't make the game so friendly because the runescape economy is a picture of the real world economy. Sure people cheat, they cheat in the real world too. But those people who cheat can't take that zing out of getting the best deal in a trade.

i would much prefer them not to get rid of the trading screen. For one then i would lose all my money, resources, and stuff that i use on an everyday basis. i would quit b/c i wouldn't get what i used to get out of runescape, i couldn't buy something such as a rune plate. If this happened every item would be untradeable.

What about giving presents, lending items to friends....

Just what I was going to say. While they may significantly change the way the player-to-player trading works, they still need to allow for people lending/giving to their real-in-game friends. That and allowing for runners (rune ess, ores/fish/wood that the person can't be bothered banking or dropping).

If they can effectively allow for those without creating too big a hole, then I don't think they'd lose too many players.

What I actually think the short term plan is, is to put in the GE to help stream out the majority of valid trades to leave a higher percentage of RWT trades left using the current trade method. It'll be easier to track RWT trades when the volume is a lot less.

Whether they restrict sale price for low value items or not, they will have trackers in place to detect when items are sold for way more than they should be. I'd suggest that gold sellers using GE would pretty quickly get banned, at least until they worked out a way around it.

I have no doubt, however, that removing player to player trading has been, or is being, thought about by Jagex. I'd take a stab that nothing is decided on it yet.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I see your point, and think it takes a pretty intelligent and context-gripping person to figure this out and conclude what you have.

It is indeed a valid idea, but lets just set this straight... if Jagex is cleaning up for its mistakes, it's because something went wrong initially, no?

The game didn't go the utopian path they had set for it. It never does. If jagex has decided after almost 7 years of Runescape to delete things like the Duel Arena or even stop direct trading (like you and many others have been saying might happen) is completely senceless.

The players started playing Runescape and used some elemental and fundamental concepts of the game as base to their gaming experience and activities they develop in it. Taking them away and saying it's because of trying to stop RL trading (which is undoubtfully something which they need to find solutions for) is pretty senceless since, in practical terms, it did nothing but affect one way of income of many of them. The money is still out there, as are the traders. And I assure you there are other means of trading it.

So basically what do I want to say by this? Even if Jagex is trying to cover their mistakes or make the game better, or if maybe they're just being dumb and trying to stop RL trading by spoiling things like the Duel Arena, they should have expected these problems and have been better prepared for these situations. They are negative, but the solutions proposed and adapated by jagex are just amking it all worse. Macroers and RL trading makes the game unfair and over crowded - true. But the solutions adapted by jagex so far have made the game less fun and way too unbalanced, as well as slowly stealing important parts and bases of the game.

Maybe Jagex should just admit it - they're going to change Runescape to fight the problems their unpreparation created. If that's the case, people either accept it or not, and expect a different game with different activities and ways of playing as its basis. That's basically what runescape would become if jagex did the changes you mentioned in the first post.

But come on, drag it on for aout 2 years already, slowly degrading and tweaking the game (mostly to a future negative consequences) to fit their desperate solutions, short minded solutions?

In direct answer to your question, I think a Runescape like you suggested wouldn't be too bad. It'd be a completely different game, basically, so people would go through the adaptation process all over again and adjust. (and others would just opt to quit)

But to drag it on and slowly distorce the basis of the game which was (is it still?) Runescape, without admitedly changing the way the game is played is an illogical way of losing supporters and gamers.

Vold

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

This is where I say:

I told you so.

Unbalanced trades: gone

Drop trading: gone

Death by pk trading: gone

EDIT:

Runecrafters: 1 Abyss PKers: 0

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.