Dear person who hacked me...

nutta86

Hacker,

I would like to tell you a story of a 15 year old boy who works at his schools theatre, known throughout the town for the amazing productions it puts on which it systematically takes to huge events fairs such as the Edinburgh or Prague Fringe festival. The aforementioned teenager is head lighting technician and works stupidly long hours, getting only a few hours sleep a night. All his school work is pushed back, and enjoyable things such as runescape are out of the question. Imagine his surprise when the director called a dark night and everyone took the day off. The boy did all his assignments and work, then logged onto runescape to find that his account had been locked as it was suspected stolen. Upon completeing the form to unlock it, the boy logged in and wondered why he was standing in Lumbridge bank, when he was last training in the warriors guild, incredibly happy that he had just reached lvl 70 att, def and str, and could FINALLY wear the full dharoks he had been hording for 3 months, given to him, along with a dark bow, a whip and a white party hat and 5mil, by a dear friend who had been playing for a few years and had finally quit. He was also happy because he had just got his rune defender and level 60 mage and had completed desert treasure, hence why he had thousands of runes in his bank, along with a mud staff and other valuable items such as a mage amulet (t). Then he looks at his character. His dragon platelegs, dragon med helm, d2h, d long, d dagger p++, d spear, d mace, gmaul and abyssal whip, zamorak trimmed rune platebody, obsidian cape and amulet of glory and ring of wealth. Fearfully, he checks his bank account and sees..... nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not even a bucket or a feather. All his hard earned money, around 20mil of it, which he had strove for by runecrafting, woodcutting, and fletching for had gone. Even the non tradeable items and random event costumes were gone. Bearing in mind this was about 3am in the morning and he was exhausted, he broke down and cried, silently thinking of the year and a half he had spent on the game, the ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 of membership fees he had payed for 6 months worth of members, and the sheer amount of time it had taken him to reach where he was, a proud level 87, finally able to call himself a non-noob. It crushed him and he quit. He didn't have the heart to do it again.

Now, I'm not whining or begging, like some people do when they're hacked, but I want people to know how it feels to have so much ripped away from you without a second thought. Yes, ok, it's just a game, and they're just pixels, but it's the sentimental value that counts. Some of my small fortune was given to me by a very old friend who had quit, and when I told him I had been hacked his face fell, for it was his stuff that had been stolen too. He had been a member for about 2 years. That's ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã120 of his hard earned cash from his paper round just wasted.

As far as I'm aware, I have never entered the password I use on runescape anywhere except runescape itself, for it is totally different to all my other passwords, and I'm not foolish enough to use it on (for example) an RS gold site, for a start it's against the rules and also I'm, quite simply, not that stupid. I have no idea how the hacker would have got hold of my password, bearing in mind that programmes that "Hack" into Jagex's password database are non existant.

I hope through writing this people will realise what it's like for someone to be hacked, so whilst I hope you don't give into beggars that much more from it, you will be a little more sympathetic to people who have been hacked. I fully apologise to anyone who I've told to go away and beg elsewhere because, after all, "They're only pixels"

Will (formerly the reasonably popular and happy runescaper, Nutta86)

I am the Nutta! Bow to me, Lord of Arkum Asylum!

nutta86.pngnutta86.png

Sorry about your loss man, kinda sad that you lost all that, but at least you still have your account. But this isn't the place to post that kinda thing. There's a forum for it. Well written though, but don't try to guilt trip us though, we're heartless :).

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

Full dharoks at 62 defence and strength not ranked?

60 mage and hiscores say you're 58?

You couldn't have been level 87 with the stats I see on hiscores.

You're lying.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

^ That doesn't really matter to me, even if it isn't true it's still quite a nicely written rant.

If it is true, sorry for your loss.

P.S.: Maybe get rid of the red text colour, it isn't really pleasant to the eye.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

All his hard earned money, around 20mil of it, which he had strove for by runecrafting, woodcutting, and fletching for had gone.

Your levels are:

RC: 35

WC: 64

Fletching: 62

Yeah you can make a fair bit of money with the woodcutting and fletching, but only 35 runecrafting? Those three skills combined, at those levels, won't get you anywhere near 20m - I have 40 rc, 70 wc and 60 fletching, as well as the rest of my skills being a bit better than yours, and I have 5m. Nowhere near 20m lol -.-

just reached lvl 70 att, def and str

Did you now? The hiscores suggest otherwise. 70 attack, 62 defence and unranked for strength (the minimum strength level required for hiscores is currently 65)

Folks, what we have here is a liar.

Oh, and get rid of the red text, it's not very kind on the eye.

Plugpoint92 :wall:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

sorry, nutta86 was the wrong account. look up Tatinoly but I think when jagex locks an account they're not registered in the hi scores anymore. And also, I wasn't trying to guilt trip you, I said I don't like beggars and even if I was, what would be the point? I said I was quitting.

I am the Nutta! Bow to me, Lord of Arkum Asylum!

nutta86.pngnutta86.png

sorry, nutta86 was the wrong account. look up Tatinoly but I think when jagex locks an account they're not registered in the hi scores anymore. And also, I wasn't trying to guilt trip you, I said I don't like beggars and even if I was, what would be the point? I said I was quitting.

I would suggest that you add that username to your profile. It would help a lot. :wink:

And I'm terribly sorry about your loss. Best wishes on getting it back. :(

j0xPu5R.png

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm going to have to ask if you can change the color of your rant it is very hard to see the red on my skin. If you could change it to default that would be lovely :)

By the sounds of things you were keylogged. A keylogger if you didn't know is something that can be downloaded onto your computer without your knowing. It is a program which can disguise itself as something you would think safe and sends every single key stroke back to the creator. This person can then access personal details everything. Note: Not all virus scanners will pick it up.

The best way is to regularly do virus scans as well as spyware scans. Also watch what you go into. Watch what emails you open. Remember that if your not the only user on the computer it is possible someone else downloaded something that was malicious. Also remember that when you use a public computer or a friends computer you don't know what or where they've been/doing on the internet.

I wish you luck in getting back on track. It will be hard but you can do it.

Might i suggest before you create accounts again etc. That you run an anti virus/spyware scanner like Trend Micro's HouseCall just to be safe :)

Good luck

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I'm sorry, but this is a typical hacker story.

Oh, and you're lying. This did not happen to you, if at all.

As others have stated, The account Nutta86 does not have the appropriate stats for your story. You then posted telling us to look up a different account. Tatinoly does not feature in the hiscores, at all. If this was truly the account that was the victim of the hacker, then it would show up as having the stats you mentioned. Tatinoly does not exist, or was banned. And the account in the story was not banned, as the story stated that it was unlocked.

As if that wasn't enough, you have the account Nutta86 featuring in your signature, at 65 Combat. I'm sorry, but didn't you quit? You shouldn't have a second account at level 65 if you are truly the one in the story, who a) did not have enough time to play on one account, let alone two, and B) quit as a result of the hack. Oh, and you signed your post as "formerly Nutta86."

Okay, so I felt like tearing something apart. The idea behind this post is a good one, but don't ruin it by inventing a blatant and poor lie.

p2gq.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is a typical hacker story.

Oh, and you're lying. This did not happen to you, if at all.

As others have stated, The account Nutta86 does not have the appropriate stats for your story. You then posted telling us to look up a different account. Tatinoly does not feature in the hiscores, at all. If this was truly the account that was the victim of the hacker, then it would show up as having the stats you mentioned. Tatinoly does not exist, or was banned. And the account in the story was not banned, as the story stated that it was unlocked.

As if that wasn't enough, you have the account Nutta86 featuring in your signature, at 65 Combat. I'm sorry, but didn't you quit? You shouldn't have a second account at level 65 if you are truly the one in the story, who a) did not have enough time to play on one account, let alone two, and B) quit as a result of the hack. Oh, and you signed your post as "formerly Nutta86."

Okay, so I felt like tearing something apart. The idea behind this post is a good one, but don't ruin it by inventing a blatant and poor lie.

He was lying??!! :shock:

Okay then.. Go cry me a river and take your story to the RSOF back were it belongs!

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I dont want to hear it. I had 40m, lost it ALL staking. Came back from the dirt and made another 50m. Lost it ALL staking. After quitting for 3 months, I am working my way from the ground up again. Untill you learn to prevent these things from happeneing, you cant expect sympathy.

Well I guess you're okay now since I saw you selling a santa for 22m a couple of minutes ago on your main. Good luck and hope you recover.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

... Hackers are antisocial idiots anyway, be glad at least you have a live.

I could be considered a hacker. I am extremely knowledgeable about computers, knowledgeable about protocols, how to get into certain systems, and I'm a nice guy. I even have a life. How could I be considered an idiot? I don't take the time to "hack" RuneScape accounts, nor do I take the time to consider it. (All you'd learn from social engineering is that people are careless with their passwords, and that's common knowledge.) What I do "hack" is either the Linux kernel, to see if I can get more out of it. (Compiling kernels from source...that'll eat up a weekend for ya.) Learn the definition of a hacker before you call them "antisocial idiots" please.

[in case you're curious, I'm referring to definition 3.]

------

Look, I'd like to show you some sympathy, but what can I say? I'm sorry for your loss? All I'm sorry for is that you left your computer in that kind of insecure state, and that you had to post about it. I'm sorry you didn't put up a decent firewall or had some decent AV, and this is the end result. I'm sorry that you didn't learn that you needed to be secure on the Internet until it was too late -- and I'm sorry that you had to quit the game over it.

Sure, it was time and effort, but if/when you pick another online game up, devote a tenth of that time into beefing up your computer. If you don't learn from your mistakes, you're bound to repeat them.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Well I guess you're okay now since I saw you selling a santa for 22m a couple of minutes ago on your main. Good luck and hope you recover.

LOL the Santa wasn't mentioned at all in the liar's little fairy tale!

Isn't the point of theatre to make the audience believe you're that character? Man, if I was your drama teacher I wouldn't even bother marking you...

Plugpoint92

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Locked accounts still appear on the highscores

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Locked accounts still appear on the highscores

Shhhh, he thinks we don't know that.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

hey man,this must of been crushing for u!!!!!!!!

Think about it this way,the guy who hacked u is probably lying in a puddle of his own blood after been mugged by a midget canibal,which i had absolutely nothing to do with :-w

But seriously,i know it must of been crushing for u but dont give up!!Make a new one!!!!U wont last very long without rs after the success you've had in the game

Links 2 3 4,Reise Reise,My World and Feuer Frei are the the songs that will make you kick the crap out of a bully that tries to bully you!!