Adiós, general shop merchanting.

ixfd64

Oh my goodness, I just realized I can't sell notes to general stores then buy them back cheaply like before. Unnoting in gen stores is dead! :shock: Ah! How to do barrows now?

House tele ftw?

slower but at least it keeps costs down.

or theres guthans...

or brews :)

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Oh my goodness, I just realized I can't sell notes to general stores then buy them back cheaply like before. Unnoting in gen stores is dead! :shock: Ah! How to do barrows now?

House tele ftw?

or theres guthans...

Bank in Burgh de rott?

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Has anyone investigated other stores that only have player stock?

I've checked most of the mainland stores - Fally, Varrock, Lumby, Catherby and some of the specialty stores - everything is market priced now.

I was never a huge general store merchanter, but I liked stockpiling stuff that I got there on the cheap until I needed it. Iron ores for 5gp, seeds for next to nothing, cheap herbs, yews, maples...

*sigh*

Now I'm going to have to do the tedious parts of skills just to have supplies for the parts I enjoy.

"Duty, then, is the sublimest word in the English language. If I do my full duty, the rest will take care of itself." ~ Robert E. Lee

gz_sijan.png

Ugh!! I love general store merchanting, I always bought uncut gems that way, made over a mil off this method actually. I also bought arrows, and everything else this way. Now I just wasted like 40k buying some uncut diamonds from the G.S. This is also bad for the method of tuna cooking, trout cooking, nats , barrows, willows, everything. Jagex is really really really pissing me off. Gah, this game gets worse every update. Shame . Waste.

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

House tele ftw?

or theres guthans...

Bank in Burgh de rott?

I prefer the un-noting. It dead now. Don't you also need to do a quest to bank in Burgh de rott?

Bah, other training spots are also ruined/slower if it relied on unnoting at gen stores. :roll:

Then shouldn't high alchemy price be changed. Weren't general store prices very identical to high alchemy prices? If you look at the big picture, its much more then prices. This could cause a future update to items kept on death. This could mean keeping a whip over a db axe and probably destroy what is left of luring.

No.....

One of my far off, never-to-be-completed goals was 99 firemaking by buying F2P lummy willows. Presumably this means they are set to the lowest GE price, which would be around 27gp ea up from 13 gp they used to be?

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

What a loss. I used to love merchanting at the general stores.People would sell the coolest stuff for next to nothing (Noobs) then payday for me. Now I'm working on a new approach, that can take advantage of the GE.Open to ideas or suggestions.

Madness takes its toll.Please have the exact change.

ArchSupport.png

[sarcasm]But look on the bright side- the less than 1% of people who cheat by doing this can be thwarted! This is a great day in the world of Runescape! Sheesh. Sounds sort of like the current administration in the U.S and their violation of human rights...

[/End sarcasm]

For those who were wondering about high alchemy, this is from the Runescape Main page:

Keep an eye on item values to make sure you are buying or selling at the correct time. Reading the market and anticipating when it will go up or go down is an art in itself! However, the alchemy value of items is NOT affected. So, whatever you do, DON'T go high-alching your party hat! You'll still only get 1 gp, and you wouldn't like that...

Kiss my axe.

OMG!!! This is terrible!! I'm getting 99 firemaking by buying willows in general store. Now theres no way I can afford it!! :evil: :evil:

Willows only are like 18-20ea from players, 99fm only costs a few mil anyway.

unless it was changed in the past 12 hours, willows are 22ea bottom line
Hephaestos8.gif