Bone bolts finally changed?

Dino_Da_Gino

Well, as far as I can tell, bone bolts have been changed. Going for 99 range (97 now), I have been averaging about 43-45k per hour with bone bolts at Lathas ogres. But tonight, I noticed something was wrong. I had been ranging for about 4 hours and noticed I had only gained 80k experience. I sat there and tried to figure out what happened. I knew what time I had started, and I had the world relatively to myself the entire time. The fact was I was averaging about 20k xp per hour.

I sent a message to my friend who is 96 ranged, and told her what had happened. She timed her xp out after I told her and she said she was now only getting about 20k xp per hour as well, and she hadn't noticed until just then. We were both pretty shocked, considering they were just getting us over 43k an hour last night.

I tried out some bronze arrows and got about 38k xp in an hour with them, which is about right. So I know it wasn't just me and her. I asked a few people around on different worlds to take a look at the xp they were getting, and they all said the same thing: it was now significantly less.

I don't think I'm wrong, but has anyone else noticed this? As far as I know it just happened today, so maybe there aren't many who know about it yet. It makes sense though. Bone bolts were way cheap and way strong, and I figured it was only a matter of time before they were changed. I'm just glad I got as far as I did before it happened. I'm now using bronze knives to finish out 99, which are actually quicker anyway.

Thoughts?

dino_da_gino.png

I only know one thing about them:

Completing an entire steel dragon task with bone bolts is a bad idea, bad hitting! I saw a person do it a few days before me and he owned them with 87 ranged & bone bolts, I have 99 and it took me ages :(

So it might have been changed, I don't know!

Clanleader of the Guardians Of Fate.

gof-sig.gif

If it is true i will be very sad as i have 200k of them in bank for ranger 91-99.I really hope it is just a coincident of bad luck. But so what is wrong do they hit less or is bone x bow much slower or what????

sig3ax9.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

They havent changed for me, I'm still hitting as often and as high.

Actually, that's what I thought too. That's why I didn't notice for so long. It looked like I was hitting exactly the same, high numbers often. But when I looked at the xp, I was wrong.

maybe you get like 3 or 2 xp per 1 damidge ?

sig3ax9.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I seem to hit as often as I used to, but I did notice that I hit less than before.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Diano are you sure that it isn't a way to make people sell bone bolts 1 gp each in Grand Exchange? As there is like no proof that nothing would have changed:

sig3ax9.png

If it is true i will be very sad as i have 200k of them in bank for ranger 91-99.I really hope it is just a coincident of bad luck. But so what is wrong do they hit less or is bone x bow much slower or what????

eeeeeeeeeeek (+1)

same here m8, I had blown 4 mil gp on mith arrows just the night before I saw someone owning with bone bolts (which makes no sense when you compare the range attack bonus)...so I went and bought 300k bone bolts, and gave the 40k+ mith arrows to a friend who can't afford to range.....uhoh hehe

:uhh: :ohnoes:

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

When something is so good that it replaces almost everything else, it's broken.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

When something is so good that it replaces almost everything else, it's broken.

Hey whip is still very very strong and as fast as dagger. Why we rangers may not have good and cheep training weapon. It is not like we would own melees with bone bolts. We are just training range with it and pretty fast .

sig3ax9.png

it's already been mentioned, but here are (what I think) are the most likely possibilities.

-less xp/bolt

-bone c bow less accurate

-hit less (damage)(not as likely)

if it's nothing like that, then it's just bad luck...

What this guy said.

- Does these bolts give less xp per hit?

- Has the accuracy of the C'Bow changed? (ranged bonus)

- Is your max damage lower than it should be?

If these 3 questions output the answer "NO" it is just bad luck.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Bone bolts were for the poor anyway, adambolts are way better.
bone bolts hit nearly the same (maybe 5-10 damage dif?) and they're like 60x cheaper...

it's already been mentioned, but here are (what I think) are the most likely possibilities.

-less xp/bolt

-bone c bow less accurate

-hit less (damage)(not as likely)

if it's nothing like that, then it's just bad luck...

What this guy said.

- Does these bolts give less xp per hit?

- Has the accuracy of the C'Bow changed? (ranged bonus)

- Is your max damage lower than it should be?

If these 3 questions output the answer "NO" it is just bad luck.

thanks for correcting me?

Yayyyyyy...

Was bone x-bows range bonus before 42+ like now ???I'd say it was 42 before too but i'm not sure.

Bone bolts were for the poor anyway, adambolts are way better.
bone bolts hit nearly the same (maybe 5-10 damage dif?) and they're like 60x cheaper...

ONLY 5-10 less damidge. My max hit with ranger 91 and bone bolts was 18 and i'm sure that if admite bolts hits 10 hits better then they are worth there prise.BOne bolts are just for fast no pick up training.

sig3ax9.png

i hope they nerfed it :twisted:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg