Clan War Arena - Positives? Negatives?

The Observer

A Clan War Arena was mentioned in the Behind the Scenes post. How do you think this will affect the clan world? I think this is a GREAT update and it will stop wars being crashed by No Honour clans.

However, there are a few downsides. It mentioned that it will be linked to Clan Chat. This wouldn't work out for clans with 100+ members. :| However, it's very hard to crash if a clan has 300+ options. :wink:

Discuss.

j0xPu5R.png

NH clans' fun is all gone. However, JAGeX stated the Clan Wars will be a Minigame. JAGeX has never given F2P a minigame, & most likely never will. I was honestly shocked when I read the update, it was completely unexpected. But then I read it was a minigame, & my hopes were in Varrock's sewers. So if it is going to be a minigame, NH clans will still have their fun.

PK Run-Ins are still going to exist--F2P clans totally outweigh P2P clans.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

NH clans' fun is all gone. However, JAGeX stated the Clan Wars will be a Minigame. JAGeX has never given F2P a minigame, & most likely never will. I was honestly shocked when I read the update, it was completely unexpected. But then I read it was a minigame, & my hopes were in Varrock's sewers. So if it is going to be a minigame, NH clans will still have their fun.

PK Run-Ins are still going to exist--F2P clans totally outweigh P2P clans.

Yes, good point, I didn't see that aspect of the update. :(

But, PK Run-Ins won't still exist only for that reason. Let's break up the word.

PK = Player Killing. Clans will still PK. This war arena will absolutely NOT stop PKing. Run-In = It essentially means that two clans run into each other. Put it together and you get, two clans running into each other while PKing. It won't stop that.

j0xPu5R.png

Since it probably wont be f2p, the update is going to be absolutely worthless. Almost all wars are fought in f2p, and most non-members wont want to change just because of a war arena. It will probably only benefit the few p2p clans and rsb clans.

I seriously wish it was F2P based. Although being P2P myself i enjoy F2P pking far more, and it wont stop pkers, its just a place for wars too be fought out.

Majority of PK'ing clans are F2P so it would benefit RS if they made it F2P.

Also they haven't gave the clan wars minigame a location yet so it could be, just have too wait :pray:

I hope that you have to traverse the wild in order to get there...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I've got a "confirmation" that the Clan Wars "minigame" won't be F2P, which is a load of Elvarg dung.

The F2P part of the game is mainly a demo. It is a taste of what can be had should they choose to support the game they play. Is this to say that Jagex is greedy and want money? No it isn't as they offer one of the longest, and most content filled demos of any MMORPG in the market and their member subscription is substantially lower than any other.

The fact is that if Jagex spends 6+ months developing an update to benefit the players, who is entitled to it? Would you think that those who don't support them in paying for their efforts of developing the content should get to use it? No they shouldn't.

Jagex will only release F2P content if it is necessary or they want to give them a taste of what could be had if they were a member.

If you look back at a not too distant poll and see that when asked how many F2P players also had a member account, you will see that most of them did. I assume that these who had multiple accounts are pures and then they wouldn't need to be in a clan would they?

Those clans who are F2P or P2P are so due to their habits in the wars they wage or PK's they enjoy. They are this because they like that tactic or don't want to risk their good items due to crashers.

Here, you won't have crashing, you will probably get to choose your terms of war, so why have those members risking a crash in the wilderness?

This is a long overdue update for the clans and to those who didn't pay to support the development of an update to help the community, perhaps they should. Personally I could easily go without a Value Meal at Mc Donalds to pay for a month of membership.

Suggesting F2P updates is against the rules and this is why I locked the thread. I hope you take what I have said to heart and see that the majority of clans will benefit and those that don't will have to deal with the fact that they don't support the great game they enjoy and that they need to pay to be able to use Runescape to its fullest.

Dropping a hi here :-).
Hello there.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I've got a "confirmation" that the Clan Wars "minigame" won't be F2P, which is a load of Elvarg dung.
The F2P part of the game is mainly a demo. It is a taste of what can be had should they choose to support the game they play. Is this to say that Jagex is greedy and want money? No it isn't as they offer one of the longest' date=' and most content filled demos of any MMORPG in the market and their member subscription is substantially lower than any other.

The fact is that if Jagex spends 6+ months developing an update to benefit the players, who is entitled to it? Would you think that those who don't support them in paying for their efforts of developing the content should get to use it? No they shouldn't.

Jagex will only release F2P content if it is necessary or they want to give them a taste of what could be had if they were a member.

If you look back at a not too distant poll and see that when asked how many F2P players also had a member account, you will see that most of them did. I assume that these who had multiple accounts are pures and then they wouldn't need to be in a clan would they?

Those clans who are F2P or P2P are so due to their habits in the wars they wage or PK's they enjoy. They are this because they like that tactic or don't want to risk their good items due to crashers.

Here, you won't have crashing, you will probably get to choose your terms of war, so why have those members risking a crash in the wilderness?

This is a long overdue update for the clans and to those who didn't pay to support the development of an update to help the community, perhaps they should. Personally I could easily go without a Value Meal at Mc Donalds to pay for a month of membership.

Suggesting F2P updates is against the rules and this is why I locked the thread. I hope you take what I have said to heart and see that the majority of clans will benefit and those that don't will have to deal with the fact that they don't support the great game they enjoy and that they need to pay to be able to use Runescape to its fullest.[/quote']

Dropping a hi here :-).
Hello there.

They do have a point though. Even though the majority of No Honour clans are F2P... :(

j0xPu5R.png

At the very least, this may prevent the crashing of p2p wars. It will be interesting to see if more people open up to p2p warring, since the threat of looters/crashers will be defeated by this update.

Other than that, obviously there will be no effect on f2p fights. Planned p2p run-in's, which are rare anyway, will probably become non-existent as people will forego them to fight miniwars in the arena instead.

this is something that has been the desire of many clansman and women for so long. Who knows the fact that it is not f2p might give people more of incentive to go p2p. Not to mention, who knows if you will loose all your armor if you die? Maybe they will give you the option to save armor, or only loose one piece of armor, or something like that.

Seems like a good update, will probably help expend the ever expanding clan world.

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

If more clans go P2P & items are kept, part of the victory will be on the shoulders of wealth. Yes, it can be compared to F2P PKRIs & returning, but seeing as many sets can reach 100+ million GP, the richer the clan, the better advantage.

Who knows, maybe clans will be having GP requirements when this update is released.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I can tell you right now that my clan will like this update, that is, if its everything we HOPE it will be...

P2p warfare brings so many options along as well as a plethora of tactics that you can use. Wide range of spells, different spell books, many different range equipment, and even melee isnt standard with several powerfull and specified weapons...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I'm not part of any clans (yet) and I'm f2p, so It most likely won't have all to strong of an effect on me.

However I'd be interested to see how the "arena" the clan wars would be held in would be like. It would be intresting to see the elements it would contain; like ruins, trees, rocks, rivers, and walls. I'd like to see Jagex put in multiple areas some open battle fields, and some obstacle filled. It would be great if jagex made it customizable for each war, but I don't know if it would be possible.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm not part of any clans (yet) and I'm f2p, so It most likely won't have all to strong of an effect on me.

However I'd be interested to see how the "arena" the clan wars would be held in would be like. It would be intresting to see the elements it would contain; like ruins, trees, rocks, rivers, and walls. I'd like to see Jagex put in multiple areas some open battle fields, and some obstacle filled. It would be great if jagex made it customizable for each war, but I don't know if it would be possible.

In comes contruction skill for war machines

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

In comes contruction skill for war machines

:shock:

Sounds pretty cool imo.

15cbz0y.jpg

dbzruller says

If more clans go P2P & items are kept, part of the victory will be on the shoulders of wealth. Yes, it can be compared to F2P PKRIs & returning, but seeing as many sets can reach 100+ million GP, the richer the clan, the better advantage.

Who knows, maybe clans will be having GP requirements when this update is released.

I seen some clans with food/armor requirements already. GP req doesnt sound to foreign.

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

I could see there being an entrance fee per member to join a clan war, and the winning clan could get the losing clan's entrance fee. Or they could do it like staking and you could put down a "bet" and the winner gets that. I think it would be related to the number of members participating though.

15cbz0y.jpg

dbzruller says

I seen some clans with food/armor requirements already. GP req doesnt sound to foreign.

Now that you mention it, the idea seems close to home.
I could see there being an entrance fee per member to join a clan war, and the winning clan could get the losing clan's entrance fee. Or they could do it like staking and you could put down a "bet" and the winner gets that. I think it would be related to the number of members participating though.
Don't think many top clans will care about GP prizes. I don't know about RSB clans, but most other clans fight for honor, or in some cases, less honor.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Don't think many top clans will care about GP prizes. I don't know about RSB clans, but most other clans fight for honor, or in some cases, less honor.

Most clans won't care, but I can see Jagex putting something like that in just for the sake of doing so. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't integrate some kind of reward into it, seeing as it's common in their other pvp minigames (see fight pits, dueling tournament, castle wars, etc). My guess is that they'll make it so that you keep your armor if you die, in the interest of controlling gp sellers (which is becoming a common theme it seems) and keeping newbs from losing items due to a lack of common sense (another common measure taken by Jagex nowadays). They'll reason that some cheap gp reward will suffice instead; that, of course, will be totally false but they'll do it anyway. Most clans don't fight just for the loot but making it so you don't even lose items after a death in a war is just stupid and is going to change the entire fabric of clan warring, if this turns out to be the case. Fortunately, that entire scenario is just speculation at this point.

Im dissapointed it isn't f2p, but will like too see if we could take on some of the combat based clans.

Also cash probably will play a huge part as ahrims/veracs isnt cheap

Im dissapointed it isn't f2p, but will like too see if we could take on some of the combat based clans.

Also cash probably will play a huge part as ahrims/veracs isnt cheap

I doubt cash of that quantity will be the prize. After all, like elit9 stated, JAGeX is trying to get rid of RWT.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg