99 crafting while earning money???

jsboutin2

Probably only if you kill your own dragons.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

It's quite hard to make money doing crafting while still getting reasonable exp. Most people craft dragonhides but in the end you lose a bit of money from that. Unless you get your own hides, but that'll take a long time as well.

If you want to make money you could try Battlestaves and alch those.

icecube7.jpeg

Actually, with GE it's possible to buy uncut gems + gold and craft jewelry and then sell it back. It's possible to make a nice profit here at a good exp rate, but it WILL take time to sell on GE just like most other things are selling very slowly right now. You also get the magic exp from enchanting and smithing if you smelted the gold (unless you have goldsmelting gloves, buy bars as the xp w/o gloves is not worth the time).

To be reasonable, no. Using the cheapest method that is at least reasonably fast (I'll post it once I find it.) will cost you >10 million I believe. Probably >15 million. Crafting is not only an expensive skill, it's quite slow. So using this method will probably take somewhere between 1-3 months...Fletching isn't too great training for these skills :P

EDIT: Here's that mini-guide. Credits to AfroThunder X

Green D'Hides : 1,500 GP

25,000,000 GP / 1,500 = 16,666 Green D'Hides

16,666 / 3 = 5,555 Green D'Hide Body's

Green D'Hide Body Exp. = 186 Exp.

5,555 G. D'Hide Body's = 1,033,230 Exp.

High Alch Value = 4,680 GP

5,555 x 4,680 GP = 25,997,400 GP

Nature Rune Price = 300 GP

12,000 D'Hides = 18,000,000 GP

4,000 D'Hides Body's = 744,000 Experience

4,000 Nature Runes = 1,200,000 GP

4,000 High Alch's = 18,720,000 GP

260,000 Magic Experience

The Plan:

Buy 12,000 Green D'Hides and 4,000 Nature Runes

GP Spent: 19,200,000 GP

Make 4,000 Green D'Hide Body's

Experience Gained: 744,000 Experience

High Alch 4,000 Green D'Hide Body's

GP Gained: 18,720,000 GP

Only lose 480,000 each time.

You will have to do this approximately 18 times.

18 x 480,000 GP Lost = 8,640,000 GP

You would need to acquire 8,640,000 to be able to make this affordable.

That is how I might go about doing it if I were in your shoes. Time will be the biggest factor.

Great advice, but extreme time. But also much, much cheaper than I suspected (Although I can't promise you this is completely right; I just copied and pasted from a similar thread to this. And that thread owner hd 70 or 80-odd crafting :P).

EDIT2: Yes, with 44 million, this would be a great method for magic and crafting experience. How'd you make so much money anyways? :o

Also, you could always just sell the bodies on the Grand Exchange. Might be a bit more aggravating, but selling would undoubtedly be faster and maybe a bit cheaper then alching them while you go.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I think I'll choose between alching or not when I'll have finished my first load of bodies.

yoda: : I'll choose at this time,as said, but I don't think I'll alch them.

Lenticular: : 2,5 from fletching, 3 from steel bars, 26 from a donation, the rest from buying yew logs at the good time, and some merchanting.

Fletching was indeed a little training, I now know I can reach a 99.

WarBlastoise.png

I think I'll choose between alching or not when I'll have finished my first load of bodies.

yoda: : I'll choose at this time,as said, but I don't think I'll alch them.

Lenticular: : 2,5 from fletching, 3 from steel bars, 26 from a donation, the rest from buying yew logs at the good time, and some merchanting.

Fletching was indeed a little training, I now know I can reach a 99.

Alright, good luck. It's a long, difficult journey. I hope you have fun, crafting is one of the better skills ;)

(And a 26 million donation? I hate being the rich one out of my friends :P)

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Well recalculating with current prices, D'Hides are almost 1.6k now (the only offer I got for D'Hides was 1585 each and I've been buying for several hours). I still didn't take the deal because it was way too high and I would be losing too much money.

You now lose around 1.14M per 4k bodies instead of 480k (@ 1585 per dhide, and 270 per nat)

They're really not worth it right now. There are very few sellers of Green D'Hide.

icecube7.jpeg

I did two main things.

I spun enough flax to get me to 99 fletching. (still working on the fletching bit)

And then...for the bulk of it....Air Battlestaves....whilst certainly not the quickest Xp, I made money, and had fun doing it. The occasional attempted pk'er at the air obelisk keeps you on your toes

best of luck!

countzeroh.png

Well I have a little experience, seeing as how im going for 99 atm.

It cost 350 gp a body to make, if you don't want to spend like 100 years buying the hides a little cheaper.

Calculate how many hides you have to make X 370 gp (got to tan them) and you got how much it will cost.

I found that if you really don't want to feel the effects of the money drain (23m from 85-99 for me) then once you finish with a set of 5k green bodies, go make back the money you just lost by runecrafting or however you make money.

It will take longer, but once you get 99, you would still have the cash pile you were using to buy the hides.

O and you have to tan them youself unless you got hundreds of mils. I made 1.2m xp a day running to tanner, walking back and crafting to bank, repeating for 4 hours a day.

Good luck, and once you have 99, you can kinda make money from crafting glories if you can get the stones cheap enought, but it would be slow, and making black d hide sets, but once again, slow hard money.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

try battlestaffing, with sand from bert, seaweed from catherby general store, and cheap battlestaffs from zaff, it's allot easier than it used to and still decent gp, crafting and magic exp.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I found that you can make quite an alright profit if you mine your own essence and craft your own nats.. Yea thats right get em yourself.

Personally for 99 mage and crafting I will have to make 36k ish Dhides which isn't enough alchs for 99 mage so in order to keep making a profit from crafting and getting 99 mage I will be running double natures using the W36 nat company.

It will take a bit longer(bout a month or so) but in the end I should come out with a nice mound of cash and ]a lot[(to say the least) of crafting experience. :-w

BTW, use forums and GE (if the price at ge is 1.5kea) to buy your green d hides. My friend was buying them for 1.45k last week from forums so 1.5 shouldn't be too difficult.

-------------------------------------------

Anyways m8, Best of luck to you :thumbsup:

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I tried all day today to get "cheap" prices for D'Hides.

In the GE I've been buying for 1550 and haven't got any (maybe because of other buyers) and on forums I've found almost no sellers, except for 1.6k.

I got a few in-game PM's but those weren't much better.

Any suggestions on where to look for cheaper D'Hides?

icecube7.jpeg

One thing I've been curious about...

What is the xp rate per hour when running to the tanner and crafting green d'hide bodies on the way back, and what is the xp rate crafting already-tanned hides in the bank? One also has to consider opportunity costs, and if crafting tanned leathers is significantly faster, it may be worth it if you have a high income.

Personally, I love the crafting skill. Unfortunately it doesn't seem very profitable these days. Same goes more most skillcrafting-type skills.

"Less is more" -- Mies