Making cash w/ theiving.

fat_klutz

I'm 41 thieving atm and I am looking for a good mix of money and exp. Best exp I have found so far is the sorceress garden but while I lose nothing, it has 0 gain becides the exp and is rather tedious and boring. I'm doing master farmers right now and just trying to get lots of herb seeds but not really having much luck. So can anybody tell me what a good mix for cash and exp is. And possibly when pyramid plunder becomes an *effective* way to make cash.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I'm told that a lot of seeds seem fairly highly priced on the GE at the moment, and Thieving from Farmers is very good cash right now. Haven't tried it myself, so can't comment first hand.

I'd try Pyramid Plunder from Low 50's if I were you

Best of luck!

EDIT: Oh "Effective way to make cash" could mean many different things to different people :-)

countzeroh.png

Pyramid Plunder gives great xp, but basically no profit unless you get lucky and get a Pharoahs Sceptre or 2.. Maybe more lol.

To be honest, I'd still go because the great xp rates more than make up for (maybe) no profit :)

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

If my combat is low (which it is) is pyramid plunder more trouble than its worth?

And would you recomend master farmers till like.... 65 when I can do summer garden (or w/e) for really good exp.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

I'd say do master Farmers until 55, then plunder.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Your combat may be a little low, but I've seen quite alot of lower level combat players there too.. I think Pyramid Plunder is best from 55 onwards or so, but its entirely upto you, it could be too much trouble for you if your a lower combat.

Retired Dec 2009

how much defense do you need to maximise loot from trip and minimizing food? Would 40 be good? Or should I train higher (like to 50 or 60)

Defence doesnt matter :) Its just your HP level, if you've got alot of food and Super antipoisons/Blessed Book you'll be fine no matter what, as long as you dont mind doing bank trips more frequently.

The XP is more than worth it, I got 99 in a week from 73 lol.

Retired Dec 2009

Unfortunately not unless you get a Pharoahs Sceptre first run.. I think they still sell for 600K ea.

Very low chance of that happening lol.

Retired Dec 2009

What I did was from 45 to 50, was fremmy pickpocketing, in the house with the low level chest. Every few minutes I would run up and pick the lock on the steel arrowheads chest in fremmy. When I hit 50, I went and hit the safes down in the thieves guild. The exp goes pretty quick and you get a mix of coin and gems.

curmudgeony.png

If you can give me a quick way to get 50 agility I might do rouges den but agility is so boring IMO...

I'd recomend Pyramid Plunder.

The artifacts will pay for your food, and you'll almost always get a sceptre every 1m exp (assuming you loot every chest possible).

I've gotten four sceptres during the time it took me to get 99 Thieving, bare in my that I did not loot any chests between 94-97 (was lazy).

I'm not uncool enough to have a stat sig.

dan_i_can.png

I lied :-p