how strict are other forums you frequent?

ixfd64

The only other forum that I use that's related to Runescape are the official forums.

Compared to TipIt, they're very oppressive. Everyone thinks they're a mod' and the censor is very touchy.

I find it so strict that I only ever used it for trading. Since the GE was released, I haven't used the forums once. I guess that might have been Jagex intention all along.... to reduce server traffic?

Anyway, TipIt is awesome lol...

Harrington.gif

Official WoW forums. Mostly pretty lenient except for a few things, most of which I agree with:

- No threads with the topic title in all caps

- No threads specifically "calling out" a Blizzard staff member

- No thread necromancy

Other than that, there is very little moderation. Certain threads are moved to the appropriate forums and inappropriate threads are quickly deleted (except at off-times, usually past 11PM PST). It's a fun browsing experience, especially for someone likes me who often enjoys reading more than actually posting.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

I don't go to many other forums, but......just visit Quizilla forums and you'll find out. I don't think you'll find many forums with sections devoted to Harry Potter and Pirates and I don't think you'll find many forums with people such as "illslitmywristsforyou" and a thread devoted to deprived teenagers and deprived 30-year-olds discussing "kinky".............................:|

Civilization Fanatics Forum. For Civilization 1-4, etc etc. Use it for mostly just the civ part, and I look at Off-Topic occasionally there, but I don't usually because I come here for my off-topics. It's somewhat similar to here, but a LOT more friendly.

offtopic.com

Haven't been there for a long time but the mods are pretty smart in how they operate. They know what rules to implement and their smart in thinking rashionally, without putting in dumb rules (for safety) which are just stupid in reality.

offtopic.com

Haven't been there for a long time but the mods are pretty smart in how they operate. They know what rules to implement and their smart in thinking rashionally, without putting in dumb rules (for safety) which are just stupid in reality.

Looks like we are rid of that no real life pictures dumb safety rule :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Despair Faction(AFI official message boards) - Not too strict but you cant talk about anything relating to the band's personal lives and appearances. I love that board because everyone is really friendly and I know most of the people on the board irl, plus ive met some of my best friends there.

I still prefer tip.it though. :)

111-1.jpg

Hardly any. No direct link to warez or posting NWS stuff without a warning. Also, no creepy e-stalking people after they post information about themselves (usually has pretty hilarious outcomes, but a few people have been fired from jobs etc).

Official WoW forums. Mostly pretty lenient except for a few things, most of which I agree with:

- No threads with the topic title in all caps

- No threads specifically "calling out" a Blizzard staff member

- No thread necromancy

Other than that, there is very little moderation. Certain threads are moved to the appropriate forums and inappropriate threads are quickly deleted (except at off-times, usually past 11PM PST). It's a fun browsing experience, especially for someone likes me who often enjoys reading more than actually posting.

Heh WoW forums were fun. I don't really visit there anymore (the endless cries of who is OP and not OP gets on my nerves) but there were some epic threads made.

One other forum I frequent(cant say the name, involves emulation) is pretty lenient but is very strict about posts and if any are unintelligent, you lose "Download Points" and your "Conversion Rate" worsens.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

My clans forum (The Gladiatorz) is a zoo in comparisson to TIF when it comes to rules ;). Here though, to get access to the forums you just have to register but for Gladz, you have to be a member which doesn't come from just registering on the boards.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

offtopic.com

Looks like we are rid of that no real life pictures dumb safety rule :D .

Yeah I was alluding to that, just thought I'd play it safe and let others put 2 and 2 together. :lol: