Stippling/Pointilism (Take a look!)

rushrock

if hand drawn, 10/10. im no artist, but that takes skills 8-)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

dang, i had to do art like this. i can appreciate the time. ill try and find mine. if i do, ill post it.

EDIT:

k i found it!

This was for school, and i didnt windup finishing it

it got a little crinkled.

DSC02101.jpg

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

^ Hah, that's pretty cool. :)

Thanks, it took like a week -.-

Do you like mine? :oops:

yes, i do, it looks very good

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

nice looks like it took a long time, so was this like spur of the moment lets make art or was this like, art class project? 10/10 btw nice job, when i tried to do this i got like half way threw a tree and took a look at it from a far and it looked like the markers has exploded on the papaer lol

robo.jpeg

Sig by thru,yaff, ty both :)

Looking good :D

Here is mine which i did for GCSE art a year ago my art is a lot better now, but good this took a summer to do, was done on half a piece of A3, so year it was big -.-

[hide]8fjvckn.jpg[/hide]

.:I don't need a sig to be cool:.

Stippling as a method of shading,is relatively functional I suppose, but it is the most tedious thing in the world. Although, this is used decently here, and I give you my most sincerest kudos for choosing this type of shading, regardless of how much it may have made you want to kill yourself.

It's indeed a rather tiring way of shading. As such, I think it's a bit of a shame that the perspective of the salt shaker looks off (mostly noticeable on the top, which seems to show a bit to much for the perspective it was drawn from.) The shading on itself works, black and white as it is, with decent transitions of light to dark. I especially like the way no outlines were used here, while the form itself is still very clear.

Other points of notice are the drop shadow's extreme darkness seeming a bit unfitting for the saltshaker. This is so, because the shadow on the saltshaker itself doesn't seem as drastic - and the drop shadow wraps around the object more than it ought to. You see this quite well up front. On the whole, 's quite nicely done, despite what I said. Awesome of you to try that technique, and may your wrists and markers rest in peace. ;)

As to other posts in the thread with similiar pictures, outlines and transitions were far less smooth as that of the rushrock. yaff2's picture wasn't finished, so I'll restrain from commenting on that. As for skull3k3's, the transitions between dark and very light (Just the white really) are quite sudden. Basically.. there is no transition on these spots. Looks a bit distracting on the whole.

moonmx8.png

"Do you really know me? I might be a God."

I like it. I can see the time and effort gone into drawing it :)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Thanks Lordliquid. That's some quality advice right there, advice I'll definitely be referring to. I appreciate it. :)

I didn't transition a shadow on the actual shaker itself to the cast shadow, so that's probably why the cast looks like that...