Why would you do this..?

RayOxide

Why the HELL would you quit just because the wild is gone!? WE HAVE SUBSTITUTES! :anxious:

I really think it's better off now. I dont know why, but I support Jagex, except the non-skiller updates which are needed.

I dont understand why you'd quit because Jagex made 1 simple 'mistake' which many people like.

Just deal with it you sooks. <.<

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overreacting to this is akin to people jumping out of buildings during the depression; sure, it's a bit over the top, but once you're off the ledge, there's no turning back.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

jagex is listening to our suggestions now, they posted a news bit about upcoming updates that shows that they actually listen to us...

they are putting a new 1v1 single player pking area as well as some other possible PvP updates

they are upping the stake limits depending on how many quest points you have

they are dedicating an entire team to figuring out the correct market prices

mr__arrows.png

mr__arrows.png

I dont understand why you'd quit because Jagex made 1 simple 'mistake' which many people like.

Only one mistake?

-First came the duel arena change that basically killed majority of high level players.

-Putting gravestones which basically made all the 8 year olds happy because they cant lose their pixels to highwaymen anymore. Which mean no more risk.

-Making a trade restriction for only a 3k difference (kills boss killing as we know it).

May not seem like a lot, but they definitely make for one hell of a bad week of updates.

I highly doubt the majority of people are quitting just because of the wilderness update, the only ones who quit just find it as the main aspect of playing. I am planning to see what direction they will take the 3k difference because all I do is boss slay and no point when we cannot share drops.

randomkcopyq.png

If you are a member, and still have access to RS Classic, you can PK there while waiting for the changes that Jagex will make next year.

Maybe Jagex could also allow current members to use RS Classic for PKing. That may make some people happy.

Overreacting to this is akin to people jumping out of buildings during the depression; sure, it's a bit over the top, but once you're off the ledge, there's no turning back.

That would be true, except that 99% of them aren't actually jumping, they are standing at the window whining about how they are going to jump, hoping people will beg them not to.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Why the HELL would you quit just because the wild is gone!? WE HAVE SUBSTITUTES! :anxious:

I really think it's better off now. I dont know why, but I support Jagex, except the non-skiller updates which are needed.

Because Bounty hunting is more like bullcrap hunting.

No witty signatures for me :(

Only one mistake?

-First came the duel arena change that basically killed majority of high level players.

-Putting gravestones which basically made all the 8 year olds happy because they cant lose their pixels to highwaymen anymore. Which mean no more risk.

-Making a trade restriction for only a 3k difference (kills boss killing as we know it).

May not seem like a lot, but they definitely make for one hell of a bad week of updates.

I highly doubt the majority of people are quitting just because of the wilderness update, the only ones who quit just find it as the main aspect of playing. I am planning to see what direction they will take the 3k difference because all I do is boss slay and no point when we cannot share drops.

Many mistakes but after this one many people quit.

...No sh*t?

Worst thing ever. :XD:

You're a lvl 3 skiller who has zero experience in combat. This thread also shows the extent of your combat knowledge.

Do you actually think this was my FIRST account!? LMAO!

I had another acc which was high lv with low lv skills >.>

I also have active combat accounts.

It does not show the extent of my combat knowledge.

It shows how much I think the people who quit because of this update are complete sooks.

Quit misinterpereting* me >.>

You wouldn't happen to watch Skychi reviews now would you? \'

Do you actually think this was my FIRST account!? LMAO!

I had another acc which was high lv with low lv skills >.>

I also have active combat accounts.

It does not show the extent of my combat knowledge.

It shows how much I think the people who quit because of this update are complete sooks.

Quit misinterpereting* me >.>

an ignorant who claims the bounty hunter update is an "acceptable" substitute simply can't have any combat experience. Furthermore you'll just telling people to "deal with it". The only reason you say that is because it doesn't affect you. I don't like the morons who claim they are going to quit, but I also don't like the egocentric attention seekers who put themselves above pkers and expect everyone to just play the game the way they do.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

You wouldn't happen to watch Skychi reviews now would you? \'

As a matter of fact I do :)

No witty signatures for me :(

Lawl.

Perhaps the fact that the substitute is like replacing Gold with goats faeces. It is perhaps the worst update (After the duel arena says the staker nub), and has reprocussions throughout the rs world.

I for one did come out of retirement for approximately 2 hours to try out the BH arena, and i was horrified. It just wasn't pking, just a lame parody created by jagex to give more control over us. I liked to tele in the wild, smiting involved much more skill than just killing them and getting the drop anways. I liked 1 v 1 fighting, yet the Bh arena is just a heaving mass of 1 iteming pixel huggers who leap upon the poor guy with the green skull over his head.

In the end, the only was i can classify the BH update is in a favourite phrase of mine.

Epic fail.

~ Original six ~ 6 99 skills ~ 2b+ bank ~

Retired upon the destruction of the duel arena

Lawl.

Perhaps the fact that the substitute is like replacing Gold with goats faeces. It is perhaps the worst update (After the duel arena says the staker nub), and has reprocussions throughout the rs world.

I for one did come out of retirement for approximately 2 hours to try out the BH arena, and i was horrified. It just wasn't pking, just a lame parody created by jagex to give more control over us. I liked to tele in the wild, smiting involved much more skill than just killing them and getting the drop anways. I liked 1 v 1 fighting, yet the Bh arena is just a heaving mass of 1 iteming pixel huggers who leap upon the poor guy with the green skull over his head.

In the end, the only was i can classify the BH update is in a favourite phrase of mine.

Epic fail.

Read today's post on the main RS site, and you'll realise the irony of that final comment of yours...

Don't needlessly flame something that's already trying to solve itself out. Instead, help them turn it around, or else await their new 1v1 player killing system.

an ignorant who claims the bounty hunter update is an "acceptable" substitute simply can't have any combat experience. Furthermore you'll just telling people to "deal with it". The only reason you say that is because it doesn't affect you. I don't like the morons who claim they are going to quit, but I also don't like the egocentric attention seekers who put themselves above pkers and expect everyone to just play the game the way they do.

I usually play the combat acc more than my main now. And I dont find the BH / DA update to be something to quit about.

Egocentric? You're calling ME egocentric?

I'm not an attention seeker, and I never put myself above people unless I have a reason. And the reason here is; I hate PKers. They're having a cry. THey're quitting. THAT'S MAKING SKILLING HARDER And I cant sell some of my stuff. This update is hard on me, also.

Lawl.

Epic fail.

Read today's post on the main RS site, and you'll realise the irony of that final comment of yours...

Don't needlessly flame something that's already trying to solve itself out. Instead, help them turn it around, or else await their new 1v1 player killing system.

EDIT

Misread your comments.

Sorry about the spam.

^ I scrolled down a tad bit far and read "epic fail" lmao. I thought it was about me >.>

=)

I thought i was accused of flaming you for a second, hence the edited post =P.

But still, Jagex have ruined pking, and will never go back. I'm sorry, but the best analogy i can find for this debacle is an Aquashock one 'Putting a bandaid over an amputated leg.'

No matter how many suggestions we put, will Jagex listen. The only reason they listened this time, was because all the people quitting memberships reduced the linings of their pockets.

I usually play the combat acc more than my main now. And I dont find the BH / DA update to be something to quit about.

Egocentric? You're calling ME egocentric?

I'm not an attention seeker, and I never put myself above people unless I have a reason. And the reason here is; I hate PKers. They're having a cry. THey're quitting. THAT'S MAKING SKILLING HARDER And I cant sell some of my stuff. This update is hard on me, also.

Egocentric because you are unable to understand people who don't fit your play style. You are putting yourself above pkers simply because you hate them. Now you're being a hypocrite, blaming pkers for "having a cry" and then you whining about how them quitting affects you. Well just like you said to others, deal with it.

I really think it's better off now.

This update is hard on me, also

So you defend the update for hurting the people you hate, but then you criticize the update for hurting you? That's the lowest of the low. Take your own advice and deal with it.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

There is not, and never will be, a substitute for the Wilderness.

And thank goodness for that. I think Jagex can do a lot better at making unsafe PvP than what that morass had turned into.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png