Let's talk about Random Events...

PolarBearBlue

In light of all the big updates, riots by some players, protest, and applauses by other players, maybe we should just sit back and relax and instead of trying to buy plane tickets to fly out to Jagex HQ and burn down the buildingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæor ask for a job. Instead we should just think about one of the many interesting things still in RuneScape. One topic that I have been thinking about is random events.

Now we all know what random events are IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sure. They are the thing that show up when one had been leveling for a long period of time that makes it a little suspicious as to if they player is real or a bot. And we all know what bots are. They are those weak leveling computer who you can run over in combat but totally kills you in skills like woodcutting, mining, or runecrafting. You can find them on any world. For those people who enjoy power they are high levels who usually fight and kill dragons. They are usually on member worlds. They are enemy number one, so random events are our friends. They take them away leaving more dragons, rock, and trees for the rest of us. But what happens when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re actually leveling and not a botÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Well for some of us we put time and care to level. And then M.O.M shows up. For those of use who donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know M.O.M is the Mysterious Old Man who if you talk to will give you something. Other random events are Golems, drunken dwarfs, mazes, mines, and flies. They bother you and disturb you from your task in small way (or big). Now IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sure than in the life time of an average RuneScape player you have all been hit by at least three. For some of us, we have seen every type. For others we had seen players get owned by random events

So do all players enjoy random events? Do you care when really trying to level? Or do you honestly donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t care? For me it works both ways. But IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve always wonder, could there be more than one benefit than trying to keep away cheaters? Will Jagex change them or get rid of them. Is it aspired to get all types of random events? Are there random events in disguise? I look for opinion in this as I wonder, what do these random events mean to us now?

Also, this is not meant to start a riot about the new update. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s meant to be something of an enlightening journey or discussion. Yes you can take about the updates as long as they are related to random events, please. I just want people to read, make comments, joke, and laugh. LetÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s have fun with this topic. But donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be mane to anyone or hurt feelings. Also, sorry if this appears long. It doesn't to me but it can to you.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Well, to me, Random Events break the monotony of skilling because as long as the random isn't Evil Bob or Molly, the most time consuming in my opinion, I'm fine with them interrupting me every so often. I can only imagine what it would be like if there were no randoms when you are skilling or doing something.

The repetition would kill me. :P

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

there still will be bots, but not tons of them. so maybe random events are still usefull? if nothing else, like the above poster stated, they do create a change...

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

Well, I like only a few randoms, all the others only are good for new players.

The only ones I like are The Maze, The School, and The Genie.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

I don't really mind Random Events when I play or when I'm trying to level a skill. The only time I get annoyed with them is when I get one of which who's outfit I've already fully collected, aka Mime, Army Demon, Leiderhosen, and so on.

I think Macroers will still find a way around some Random Events though oh well I just deal with them and take them as they come.

xxteargodxx.png

I don't really mind Random Events when I play or when I'm trying to level a skill. The only time I get annoyed with them is when I get one of which who's outfit I've already fully collected, aka Mime, Army Demon, Leiderhosen, and so on.

I think Macroers will still find a way around some Random Events though oh well I just deal with them and take them as they come.

+1.

I particularly like mazes, they tend to give good rewards over 50k a lot of times.

nh.jpg

So do all players enjoy random events?

No, but most can appreciate them for breaking up the monotony of skilling.

Do you care when really trying to level? Or do you honestly donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t care?
I care when I am going strong, and are really concentrating, if i'm causaly playing, I honnestly don't care about them.

Could there be more than one benefit than trying to keep away cheaters?
Certainly! They make people move the mouse while alching 1000's of items, otherwise, with a toutchpad, you never have to move the mouse.

It also stops people from going insane, and never wanting to do the activitie again.

Will Jagex change them or get rid of them.
I suspect they will at least be changed to be lesser, and hopefully the ones I hate (cause I already have their outfits) will dissapear.

Is it aspired to get all types of random events?
Not by most people, but for anyone with a toybox, you will have wanted to fill it.

Are there random events in disguise?
yes, if a person walks up to me, and gives me 1mil, that's a random event!

What do these random events mean to us now?
They remind us of a dark past, where freedoms exixted, and we were not forced to do what we were told to do...

My 2 cents

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I dont mind SOME of the random events. I think they should still keep some (mime, drill sergent, genie etc.) but once you have all of the costumes/emotes you should stop getting them. it is rather annoying getting only 500gp from a mime tim and tim again.

ruadorksiggy.gif

Thanks SkyFleet for the awsome siggy!

So do all players enjoy random events?

Nope, hate them. They where alright at first but there are soooooo many now it drives me mad. It's almost like the times i do something and DON'T get a random are something to be celebrated, because they're rarer than the other. That's how it feels :P

But IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve always wonder, could there be more than one benefit than trying to keep away cheaters? Will Jagex change them or get rid of them.

they will change them, add more, probably increase the frequency, all the time forgetting they don't really do much. The benefits of keeping them away are obvious i think! THEY CHEAT >:0

Is it aspired to get all types of random events?

Used to be, and in f2p kinda i think. They're so frequent now i don't think theres a lot of "cool" value left among most people, just newer players. I remmeber being excited over my completion of mime set a few years ago - now i could get it in a week.

Are there random events in disguise?

Yeah. Some things like the colours in game slightly changing once in a while (kinda subtle), doors closing themselves after a set time of being open, randomly stopping fishing, the place you teleport can span a small area random exactly where (for some teleports), ducks swimming under fish spot at guild (take left click priority)

they're jsut off the top of my head, there are LOADs of teeny little things that i would class as subtle random events.

In the end, i'd rather they didn't exist.