What do u make ur web pages on

Caroline

You don't "make" a web page, you design it. I use Dreamweaver MX by Macromedia which is one of the best programs for it as far as i know, but with the right knowledge of html code it can be done in programs as basic as notepad. Try Microsoft Frontpage for something really easy.

logo.jpg

You were correcting the wrong thing there, Futurama.

You can most definitely "make" a webpage, but hardly anyone makes it on anything.

If you're any kind of a serious web developer you make the graphics and hand-code it.

My advice is that if you want a good webpage, learn html. Maybe php, too.

IRKAa.jpg

how do i get it free

pirate it, which I dont reccomend.

As wyrm said, learning html and some php is the best way to start. then once you get good at that, you can start messing with other stuff.

Trophy Fish Caught: 3/3

99 Woodcutting 10-30-05

99 Firemaking 2-22-06

99 Fletching 9-27-07

php stands for php hypertext preprocessor. I cant give much background on it, but I know that tip.it was made using php with a my-sql database. Go to http://www.php.net for more information, but become comfterable with html before trying to learn php.

Trophy Fish Caught: 3/3

99 Woodcutting 10-30-05

99 Firemaking 2-22-06

99 Fletching 9-27-07

Look you obviously want to make a website but have no clue what you are doing. I doubt you can even write enough to make a website in html. People who design websites even before knowing how to make them know exactly what resources they need to have to achieve the goal. You don't even know what php is. I'm sorry to say but it is extremely unlikely your website will become popular anyway, but you can try just using something like geocities on http://www.yahoo.com

so like can i get forums and stuff for it
No for them go to http://www.invisionboard.com/ and free trial. But in advance if you are going to start a runescape related forum don't even bother looking at that website. We have had countless numbers of them here even some with proper hosting and paid for forums. I havn't seen a single sucess.

I use NVU- it's a free open source WYSIWYG web authoring system. It also conforms to web standards, which is very important (frontpage does not do this, not sure about dreamweaver.)

You should also learn some of the basics of php and xhtml, as this will enable you to actually understand what's going on in the code ;)

Notepad / EditPlus. Which ever happens to be available at the time.

And if you're going to use a WYSIWYG editor, at least read the markup now and again so you actually learn something ;)

I use EditPlus, which is basicly just notepad but colour coded.

WYSIWYG programs make horrible code and you almost always have to sift thru it all in EditPlus anyway to clean it up. Its much easier building from scratch using valid code from the start.

Microsoft Frontpage is one of the worst "web page maker" programs and produces code for Internet Explorer only and most of the time it looks messed up in every other browser. Dreamweaver is good but people start to rely on it for everything which is bad. DW puts

and tags all over the place.

Learn HTML, CSS and some basic PHP and pay the $5 or whatever it costs for EditPlus.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I actually made a webpage in Notepad, with some Flash animations and stuff. I only knew HTML (and only the basic of that), so it was really difficult to do, and it took me a very very long time, but it worked, and it didn't look that bad. I sorta had to learn as I went kinda thing.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg