Speed Runs

Necromagus

For those who don't know, speed runs are attempts to play a certain video game as fast as possible. There are several kinds: playing through a game in a single sitting, tool assisted (using an emulator for slowdown, key macros, save states), 100% (getting every item, killing every boss, etc.) and pacifist (only defeating enemies that need to be defeated to progress through the game). When you do a quick search on Youtube you can find speedruns for a lot of games, probably most commonly Super Mario Brothers for the NES but also games like Fallout (played in just 9 minutes) and Morrowind. Whatever way they are produced, they require immense skill and knowledge of the game and are usually highly entertaining to watch.

A good place to get started: http://youtube.com/profile?user=webnations

I've done a speed run through Super Mario '64, the 16 min. one (though it took me around 20 :( ) and was going to try for FF9 when I figured out my PS2 can't skip the cut scenes, and I lost the vid cord to my PS1. Some can be fun, some just seem like they'd be boring.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

how to completely miss the point of a game in 7 minutes and 30 seconds.

Speed Runs take you through the game as fast as possible. Point is you will miss most of the game.

Anyway I try do Speed Runs on both THUG games.

Current Records:

THUG: ~45 Mins on Easy (its quite long)

THUG2: 1 Hour on Normal, on a run so far 30 mins and I'm in Aus.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Sonic the Hedgehog Speedrun

To me, the most impressive speed run I've ever seen. Yeah, the Mario one was great, but the fact that this one is non-tool-assisted, that he was the first person to ever run the entirety of the first Sonic game, and that this was my absolute favorite game while I was a young'n all compound into one hell of an impressive video.

I figured that this was the best place to finally share it. Took me a while to find the original (the guy who did it was named Jonathan Trillo, I believe - my brother, a hardcore Sonic fan, talked multiple times with him throughout the making of the run), but in the end, it's worth a viewing. Months of hard work went into this and as a rabid fan of Sonic I find it simply amazing.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

Kinda half watching that sonic one as its taking ages to load. Even the first to Acts make me want to play that game again on my old Sega <3:

Very impressive though, ill have to look up the other websites given.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.