Sweeney Todd

wakka102

The move of the musical comes out tomorrow, I really enjoyed the concept so I'm going to see it tonight at midnight with one of my hardcore actor friends (he's totally obssessed, he's been talking about this for weeks lol). Is anybody else going to see it? I've never actually seen the play or anything, I just know the basic concept, but I would like to see the play if it ever came here :)

I'm really excited for it!! I wish I could see it at midnight but I'm leaving for New York tomorrow morning so... can't exactly stay out until 2-3 watching movies :P So I'm seeing it in New York on Saturday.

Newsweek raved about it(if that means anything)

Yeah I heard it got really good reviews :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've seen some play versions of it (fragments, not the complete versions of course). And I wonder if Johnny Depp can handle it. Too bad they haven't used people from the play. And especially from the following fragment:

Listen to this

Honestly, how could something like that could be done better by two movie stars. But ah well, somebody has to bring the people to the movie-theater.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

That was one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen. The CGI was absolutely amazing and I was shocked at the first death scene because I was so not expecting it to be that realistic. Johnny Depp did an amazing job as Sweeney todd, his facial expressions always fit the mood of the scene, and the finally of hte movie was incredible along with one of hte most gothic/romantic images ever (in tim burton fashion of course :P ), I'm sure we will be seeing on plenty of Hot Topic T-shirts to come :D . I would so recommend this movie to anybody who enjoyes musicals/very dark comedy/gory films.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE BLOOD THIS IS NOT THE MOVIE FOR YOU!

Seen the play, it was pretty good. Wonder how it's going to turn out as a movie :-k .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Soupie, goopie poopie.
do you mind elaborating :-s

Sure

Looies Gooie Pooie on my Shooie.

Ok sorry Wakka, I was bored, your thread just happened to be the victim.

works for me, just wondering if there was some kinda symbolism in what you said, wasnt sure lol

I just saw it and it was fantastic!!! The whole movie flowed really well and everything just kind of 'fit.' I loved the costumes, makeup, everything! I'd definitely recommend it :D

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Tim Burton = instant win

Four words to disprove that: Planet of the Apes

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

A barber who is a mass-murderer, and he sings!

Hm... appealing...

Jut like Edward Scissorhands! Except for the singing, of course.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Tim Burton = instant win

My favorite movie of all time is The wizard of gore. My tastes are... weird and strange :P

Lol fair enough.

I'd just like to point out though that I do really like Burton's films and I'm quite looking forward to Sweeney Todd. I'm not too fond of musicals generally but this looks interesting.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Tim Burton = instant win

My favorite movie of all time is The wizard of gore. My tastes are... weird and strange :P

Lol fair enough.

I'd just like to point out though that I do really like Burton's films and I'm quite looking forward to Sweeney Todd. I'm not too fond of musicals generally but this looks interesting.

even if you aren't (which I'm indifferent, more towards enjoyment I'd say lol) see it anyways, its good whether you like them or not. Of course you'll like it more if you enjoy musicals.