Argh. So many idiots about music...

RayOxide

Okay, I'ma start here.

1. 80+% people I know think FallOut Boy are emo, but they're not. They're anti-emo. So many people use the internet, so fricken search!

2. They hate bands that I like because they're "Indie Rock" or "Emo" Like the Killers are bad. :S

3. When I tell people why I dont like a certain band / singer, I give a reason.

(MCR Example)

"I don't like MCR because the lead singers voice is the same in every single song. Compare that to some band like The Killers, which change all the time, and what do they give me? A load of bullplop. "Yes they do!"

4. Certain people who wont like you if you criticise their favourite band and/or singer. Bah lol.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

How could this possibly have sounded like a good idea in your head? Also have you ever made a post that isn't about the following: emos, people bashing emos, yourself, how you dress, AND OH GOD WILL PEOPLE STOP MAKING FUN OF EMOS ITS SO UNFAIR!!!

You're an annoying person and you seem to overreact on the smallest of things. Stop doing that.

2009rb9.jpg

1) Fall Out Boy aren't emo. They just suck.

2) Indie Rock is good. Emo is not.

3) I don't like certain music because it sounds bad.

4) So what?

p2gq.jpg

1) Fall Out Boy aren't emo. They just suck.

2) Indie Rock is good. Emo is not.

3) I don't like certain music because it sounds bad.

4) So what?

1) Not imo :P

2) Yes. No. :P

3) Fair enough, they just don't answer.

4) I have enough enemies. :D

1. 80+% people I know think FallOut Boy are emo, but they're not. They're anti-emo. So many people use the internet, so fricken search!

fair enough, although being "emo" is more of a matter of oppinion these days...there are way to many definitions of the word for it to have real meaning

2. They hate bands that I like because they're "[b]Indie Rock[/b]" or "Emo" Like [b]the Killers [/b]are bad. :S

matter of opionion again, they are infact entitled to one, as are you

(MCR Example)

"I don't like MCR because the lead singers voice is the same in every single song. Compare that to some band like The Killers, which change all the time, and what do they give me? A load of bullplop. "Yes they do!"

True, although people will like what they like, you have no right to change that

4. Certain people who wont like you if you criticise their favourite band and/or singer. Bah lol.

They are just expressing their opinion, its best to ignore it rather than give nonesense flaming back

What ticks me off about music fans, is the ones that don't like something simply because of a generalization. for example saying "i don't like rap" surely if you try hard enough that person could in fact find one rap song they like.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Wrong.

Have a problem with me, just prove's you're a git ::'

Oh, so because I think your countless of melodramatic and inane ramblings about "emos" are getting old, I'm a git? How old are you again? I can only hope that you one day realise that all of this "clique" crap you seem to be so obsessed over is just shallow and stupid.

2009rb9.jpg

2. They hate bands that I like because they're "Indie Rock" or "Emo" Like the Killers are bad. :S

(MCR Example)

1. I don't think they're emo. I just hate most of their music..I just don't like it.

2. So, they dislike the genre you like? Oh well, why does it matter?

3. Good for you.

4. Then they're not worth being friends with anyways.

So what if they don't like a certain genre. I can say, as a generalization, that I hate Rap and Pop. Although, I can also say that if I were to look for a while, I could surely find one or 2 from each genre that I can tolerate.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

(MCR Example)

1. Mise well be Emo. Also they arnt very good. (not good at all really)

2. any type of, rock, emo music, all that IMO (IMO) its really terrible

3. Good for you :) dont be like them tools who dont XD

4. Who cares what people think, im HATED because of the music i like, but that doesnt matter. i like what i like, people shouldnt care..

and, what was the point of this topic? kinda pointless.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Oh, so because I think your countless of melodramatic and inane ramblings about "emos" are getting old, I'm a git? How old are you again? I can only hope that you one day realise that all of this "clique" crap you seem to be so obsessed over is just shallow and stupid.

I just say that the people who continue to 'hate' them with no reason are total ignorant idiots.

And tbh, I'm not "obsessed" about it.

So what if they don't like a certain genre. I can say, as a generalization, that I hate Rap and Pop. Although, I can also say that if I were to look for a while, I could surely find one or 2 from each genre that I can tolerate.

True, but, the people I am talking about are morons who dont give reasons to hate genre's or bands.

I hate rap 'cause most of it's objectifying women mostly.

This topic is completely pointless. Ray, are you 12? 13? Wouldn't put you above 13. Well, anyways, the word "emo" is like this topic: completely pointless. Seriously, I've been sitting here for five minutes hoping to whatever God there may be that you're not serious.

Fall Out Boy is, in fact, one of the least talented bands in mainstream music. I won't say one of the worst, because good and bad are opinions. Talent is fact. And to say that any band's vocalist sounds exactly the same while comparing them to Fall Out Boy... :wall:

I'm so sick of the word "emo" too. I wish all the middle school kids trying to act cool would just shut the hell up, true "emos" wouldn't call themselves an emo. What kids call "emos" are pretty much a bunch of sissy boys with a large selection of different black make-ups and really tight pants, complete with whiny voices and a love for power chords.

/topic.... :roll:

EDIT:

Have a problem with me, just prove's you're a git ::'

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Jesus christ! This isn't about the goddamn word or meaning of "emo" okay?

FFS!

I am 13.

Emo is not pointless.

There is no God imo.

Very talented guitarists.

Thread is not about emo. Dont talk about emo negatively in a thread that isn't even about emo...

Not end of topic. Mods do that.

I am 13.

Could tell that already.

Emo is not pointless.

It's not if you're using the true definition, problem is, the one you're using is actually pointless.

There is no God imo.

Aight.

Very talented guitarists.

Joke, right?

Thread is not about emo. Dont talk about emo negatively in a thread that isn't even about emo...

If it wasn't at least partly about emo, you wouldn't have mentioned the word anywhere throughout. Plus, I wasn't talking negatively about actual emo's, just the "emos" that wear make up and girl pants.

Not end of topic. Mods do that.

z0mg mod in disguise. JK.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

This topic isn't about emo?

Emo is fine. Indie is fine. Freedom of expression is fine. The end.

Fall Out Boy sucks, okay, done with that.

This topic? Pointless. 'Cause everyone knows that judging people by clothes is wrong. Everyone knows that judging is wrong. Are people going to stop because of this? No, probably not. This thread isn't going anywhere. It's not doing anything, that's why it's pointless. It's no different than a thread describing a band that you hate. Just an opinion/statement with nothing else.

What in the hell happened to just enjoying music that sounds good to you and just disregarding what other people say?

Honestly, every thread you have made yourself, Ray, has been nothing of moaning about some small detail -- most of them about how you get grouped into some sterotypical group or how people don't like your music.

Just get over yourself ray.

Thread is now about popcorn.

I like mine buttered and really salty.

ROFL! omg that made me laugh so much!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust