Autominers!!!!!!!

smisha

I've been power iron mining in the mine south of fally recently, but in the past couple of days in a whole bunch of worlds there are autominers! They're all around lvl 20 and have mith picks. My guess is that it's all one person with a bunch of accounts. I've been reporting them, and so far I've reported about 5. It's crazy, almost every world I go to has one!

They all follow the exact same routine. They mine a rock, and even if i beat them, they keep going for a few seconds. Then they go to next one, etc... every once in a while, they walk over and stand in the middle of nowhere for a few seconds (always the same spot, never near any rocks) then start mining again. They never talk. It's the same routine over and over, which would make sense, except for the no talking part and the standing in the middle of nowhere. If a rock starts steaming, they hit it for a few seconds, stop, hit it for a few seconds, stop, etc until it stops steaming. Then they start their little god damn routine again.

On rs2? I highly doubt there are autoers. Their anti-random event scripts are mediocre at best, they'd just end up dying..

You obviously don't know much about the cheating community.

Yes the anti-random scripts are kind of crappy, but why even dodge random events. Autoers just powermine until they die, and then they autowalk back to the mine. I'm not sure how they handle random teleports, but I'd imagine if they take a tele spell or item with them, they can just use that and then have a set path from the destination to the mine.

It's still a big problem, although not quite like in rsc. Jagex seems content just trying to detect and ban them, but that doesn't stop anyone...

Concerning their rhythm, how precise is it?

Hitting a dead rock is not a crime.

And many mine with chat off. If you've seen my chat logs while mining, you wonder why I don't join them in ignoring all.

the%20zephyrus.gif

The%20Zephyrus.gif

Click (above) for my blog!!

runemcw,the%20zephyrus.gif

I'm sure I've been reported for autoing a few times, too, since I do all of those things; I rarely talk while mining, follow the exact same path nearly all the time and sometimes sit still in odd places when I'm doing something in another window. I've even been known to hit empty/smoking rocks once in a while, too. And guess what? I'm not an autoer! I'm actually sitting at my computer the whole time.

Now, all of them being lvl 20 with the same picks and following the same paths does give me pause, but it's hardly conclusive. Go ahead and keep reporting them, because you might be right, but you should probably also give most people the benefit of the doubt.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Autmoniers are very very very possible even in RS2, only it's a more high tech program you need to use then any other bot system and you actually have to know how to script, very hard but very possible.

It's not hard to Auto at all.....

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

If you guys are doubting me, then come down to the mine SW of fally and see for yourself! Whoever is doing this has a miner on almost every bloody world! I've tried the 70's, the 80's, the 10's.... I can't find a world without onE! :evil:

You must be really naive if you don't believe autoing exists in rs2. Randoms can somehow be avoided (probably not much harder than getting your char to mine ores) and Jagex can't detect everything. It isn't as big problem as it is in rsc (and probably never will be anything close to that), but Jagex should pay attention to autoing and not just hope their system is perfect.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

randoms can be avoided easyly,jagex made lots of flaws with them.

they make a sound,if you auto without anti randoms you can just watch tv and listen for sounds

and if there bots then it'd be wrose,but bots can easly be messed up if jagex updated rs fast enuf...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

and if there bots then it'd be wrose,but bots can easly be messed up if jagex updated rs fast enuf...

Which they do, the mudclient changes at least once a week, and all parameters are checked to see if anything is edited/disabled when your pc is sending to the server and vice versa

I'll be very frank...The only way that I see it to be plausible to actually create a bot/auto script for RS is to basically record your moust clicks and then send them to the appropriate window. This can rather easily be done with Visual Basic.

This type of a script is rather unreliable and does NOT protect you from random events. Random events are just that...random. I am rather certain that they are generated through something like, Math.random(); function generated by a server and interpreted by the client There is very little possibility of detecting them. That's just the problem with RS2. Almost everything is done through the server. There are definitely a load of code that gets uploaded and loaded from the user's computer (check your Java cache and open all the .gtz (I believe) files you find with WinRAR). Most of these things simply include the large majority of the login script and some random things such as the timeout script (which I believe still gets checked by the server) and all sounds files.

The only plausible method seems to be to actually get the file containing the information you wish to audit, audit it on your home computer, run it from your home computer, and run something like Proxomitron to filter/edit all the headers from packets that specify your REMOTE_ADDR and change it to that of the given server. This might trick the login server into believing that the file is really residing on it, and not on your home computer... Alternatively, one can try to actually filter the packets (doubt its possibility, since RS uses TCP and not UDP, meaning more authentication gets done) with some other utilities (which I won't name for obvious reasons), but I doubt that this would work, although theoretically it should allow you to do some thing like change the amount of money at the trade screen.

Anyway, to implement something of the above nature into making an auto-miner script is rather improbable, imo.

lol omg i saw one with level 10!

and he had mith and he mine little then he run to the bank

and he do that like 9384903849284238 times!

and he haded party hat :|

and later i saw 3 st !! that automining gold and stuff on level 3 :|!

test.gif

Lmao,

Whoever does not think there are autoers on rs pull ur head out the sand.

Thats why 90% of them are low lvl accounts, because in a month or so they will be banned.

Yes they auto bank in many cases.

Later they transfer the ore they collect to another account, and trade it off for gp.

Then most of the time stick the gp on there main.

somefruity,

hate to say it but it's very plausible.

For a fact, know of 4 people who auto on rs2.

2 are miners and 2 are woodcutters.

Yes they bank the ore and logs.

Also know of several that auto fletch.

How it's done dont know all the details, nor do i care to.

Also auto hi alc'ing seems to be a new trend.

Hopefully, jagex at some piont will actually do a trade tracking system and look at where the trail ends at.

Banning the mains of the low auto'ers be about the only true way to slow the practise down.

i feel like autoing now. im in wildy mining addy reading this forum only occasionaly checkin my character :)

swordy.gif

F2P; RSN: Loomysh; 100cmb; 88smithing

i'm level 3 mining iron SW of varrock... i just wanted to make a low-combat rune miner :P

will it even survive the trip to the rune ores? :D

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)